Thread: The builders Day 2

Default The builders Day 2

The builders Day 2

msg.jpg
    When the trade caravan finally came to the place where our patrician had some rest, the young errand boy had already returned and was sitting next to his master waiting for further orders.
    "Ah, and here he is!" "Salve, Lucius!" he heard a familiar voice from the first cart.
    The chief architect looked more attentively, and saw that the leader of the trade caravan was actually his old sparring mate, Mark Atilius - a boy who used to live near the Tarquinius Lepidus family estate.
    "Noble Lucius or, at the very least, Honorable Lucius," the architect corrected himself, helplessly trying to appear important. "I am the imperial architect, not some nameless farmer."
    "You're a turkey," laughed his childhood friend. "And you always have been like that." "Glad to see that you haven't changed much."
    "And you have never heard anything about politeness and tact," muttered Tarquinius, "someday you'll end up paying the price for that."
    "Lucius, my friend," Mark Atilius interrupted him. "We had our last meal when the sun was about to go behind the horizon. Now it's going to do the same thing again, and we haven't had anything in our mouths apart from a gulp of water. Let's count the cargo and resolve this injustice."
    "You're right," agreed the architect and he turned his head to the errand boy. "Go, bring our account scrolls!"
    The boy brought Tarquinius some scrolls that had been kept together in a wooden case. Each pile of scrolls was bound in leather, and marked with several bronze sticks.
    "What's this?" asked Mark Atilius, pointing to the sticks.
    "Folder numbers," replied Tarquinius Lepidus. "One stick for the first folder, the second stick marks the second one and so on. Now we are going to mark the eighth folder. Three sticks are already here. Please, fix the other two in order to get eight."
    The architect gave Mark Atilius two bronze sticks identical to those that had already been fixed on the scroll folder and went away to talk to Centurion of the Engineering Cohort, who had already showed up and was awaiting orders.

Task:
    Help Mark Atilius do what the architect asked of him.

reportFilter.jpg

Post your answers in the thread below.

Only your first answer will be counted so don't make more than one post.

All posts are moderated so others cant see them, posts and answers will be revealed tomorrow

VIII

World - 3

Currently the folder is marked with three lines (III)
    Mark needs to put the two additional sticks in a V to make the roman numeral VIII

Chuckles on ts19

S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

http://tx3.travian.us
    vekerica

Roman numbers: VIII = 8

Mark Atilius should put the bronze sticks so the form the letter V.

Knowing that V in roman is equal to 5, we will have V + III = 5 + 3 = 8

Default The builders Day 2

the sticks will be fixed like----> VIII

the two sticks will be fixed in the shape of V before the other three sticks

IGN--> Zura

Game world---->http://ts3.travian.us

-New Users-

Default answer

Viii

Default Answer

VIII
    So arrange the two sticks you have to make the Roman numeral for 5 the the 3 sticks already on the scroll add with it to make 8

Casual_Player
    ts3

Well it is roman numerals right?

So 5 sticks could form VIII (2 sticks for the V and 3 for the III)

VIII

marbhen001
    ts1.travian.us

VIII ? That is, place the sticks given to me in a "v" formation in front of the other three sticks? Not at all sure what form of an answer you're looking for.

ts.19.us - cricketswool

-New Users-

Default maddie us 3

Use the two sticks to form a "v" to form the roman numeral for 8 - VIII

Default Day 2 challenge

You fix the 2 sticks together in the shape of a 'V' and place the other 3 infront of the 'V'. This makes the roman numeral for 8.

Gameworld:ts3.travian.us
    IGN: Superbitory

Default Day 2 Challenge

Place the two sticks in the shape of a "V", (joined at the base and not touching at the top), and place this V before the 3 existing sticks. This makes the roman numeral VIII which is 8.

IGN: SexyBiatch
    Gameworld: ts3.travian.us

using the bronze sticks arrange to form roman numeral for 8: VIII

In roman numbers (standard numbers of the Romans :P) numbers can be marked with lines, which can be shown with sticks. For example the number one is I, can be shown by a single stick the number 2 is II and can be shown by 2 sticks. The number eight in roman numerals is VIII this is shown by two curved lines and 3 straight lines, so 5 lines in total.

Therefore if three sticks are already fixed to the folder then fixing a further 2 will allow enough lines to create the roman numeral for the number 8, so the last two should fix the sticks to complete the shape of a V followed by 3 I 's (VIII). It's likely the last two sticks should be placed horizontally on the folder but it doesn't mention how the first 3 are previously fixed so the only answer I can give is make sure the end shape resembles VIII, the roman numerals for 8.

IGN/avatar name: redpanda
    Server: US19 (roa one)

The two sticks should be placed in the shape of a V, preceding the three already present to create the Roman Numeral VIII (8)

Default "The builders" answer

the 3 sticks already used made a " VI" ( six written the roman way) the other two sticks complete " VIII" EIGHT written the roman way.
    I play on cuz I can , on speed tx3.
    Regards

Farmhand

Mark would need to put them in 'V' shape to make it VIII or the roman numeral for 8

USX account McFly

Default The Builders Day 2 Account Scrolls

Arrange the two bronze sticks in the shape of a V, and place them in front of the three sticks currently affixed to the scrolls to create the roman numeral VIII (\/|||) for eight.

-New Users-

8 = VIII in roman numbers
    1 stick \
    1 stick /
    3sticks = |||

results = \/||| = VIII = 8

-New Users-

Default Day 2 Answer

IGN: ikiwiki
    Server: http://ts3.travian.us

My answer is to arrange the sticks in a "V" for the roman numeral 5 to add with the 3 sticks to make 8

Default Answer to day 2

VIII

ts3.travian.us Razguz is my username
    I hope this still counts for day two as in Canada it's 10:28pm :P

Default possible answer

add the two bronze sticks to the top right and bottom right of the case.

Good ol' roman numerals... one would be I, two would be II, etc. Therefore eight would be VIII, the three that were already there being the III and the two to make 8 would be placed to make the V

Server ts5.travian.us
    Account Vladimire

-New Users-

Default Eximus US server3 - ts3.travian.us - Puzzle day 2

Answer : VIII
    The 3 sticks are marked as III. So the remaining 2 sticks are to be positioned as a "V" before the 3 sticks in order to get "VIII" i.e. eight in Roman

Default Answer Day Two

The two bronze sticks would need to be affixed to the left of the three vertical sticks in the shape of a V. That makes the Roman numeral 8 or VIII.

-New Users-

Default Roman numeral 8 travian usx name:Jagkilla

Form the sticks in a V shape in front of the other 3 sticks previously there to represent the number 8 in roman numeral format

The answer is VIII

-New Users- Farmhand

Default answer

\/||| or VIII. tx3.travian.us nick: Green Arrow

Task:
    Help Mark Atilius do what the architect asked of him.

Answer: They are Romans, so Roman 8 looks like that VIII = So, all what Mark should do is to add 2 sticks = \/ to the 3 sticks in order to get 8.

Winners

Each receive 30 Gold

njasa
    r1996smith
    EXIMUS
    Muchacho NL
    inlook

If you did not include your server/nick details in your post please can you PM me with the server and account to receive the gold