Thread: Question About Raiding with Cages

Default Question About Raiding with Cages

It's been a few years since I've played Travian, but in the past I remember attacking an oasis with my hero, having him equipped with cages. When I did that, there'd be no fighting, he'd just come home with all the cages filled.

If I sent a hero with seven cages to raid an oasis with 7 rats, 6 spiders and 4 bats, and I sent seven phalanxes along with him, what would happen? Would there be any fight? Would the phalanxes be forced to fight on their own? Or would the hero capture seven animals as well as help with fighting the rest?

Your hero only goes hunting by himself. So if there are any troops with the hero, any cages he is carrying are ignored and the troops fight the animals as they normally would.

S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Default Oases

Not correct.

No fight would take place. You could raid an oases with a hero and a settler, with the hero carrying cages. If animals spawn, the animals would be captured and no fight would take place. No resources would be gathered either.

For more information regarding oases:
    http://forum.travian.co.uk/showthrea...=1#post1446060

Quote Originally Posted by Chris (Lord Aslan) View Post
    Not correct.

No fight would take place. You could raid an oases with a hero and a settler, with the hero carrying cages. If animals spawn, the animals would be captured and no fight would take place. No resources would be gathered either.
    Yep, you're right, I misremembered. I knew that cages and troops don't mix so I never send them together and I forgot why.

S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker