Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 416

Thread: Substantive Discussions

  1. #1
    Tradesperson Pile of Pandas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in the pile
    Posts
    530

    Default Substantive Discussions

    Let us put down our poo flingers and have some real game mechanic, strategic discussions.

    My thread, my rules

    No GONE, Luisss, BTDT bashing. Let's keep things civil and debate respectfully. Using game examples is fine, but I'd rather you use past server examples if possible.

    Some topics for consideration:

    1) The appeal of a natar win (or refutal)

    2) Does the use of spies reduce the magnitude of a server win, especially if the other side does not employ them?

    3) What do you think makes a strong leader? Which attribute is most important if you had to rank them? Take action personality, diplomatic/smooth talker, analytical, prowess, planner, ....anything else you can think of.

    4) Mace hammer vs axes

    5) Gauls as Hammers

    6) TTs vs Haeds in hammer

  2. #2

    Default

    1) "If they keep score, I want to win."

    2) I believe so. I think anything dishonest reduces the legitimacy of a win.

    3) I would say team-building. You can be the best travian player in the history of the game, but if you can't get buy-in from your players and assign realistic goals and help them achieve it, then it's meaningless.

    4) Never been a teuton, so that's a better question for somebody else.

    5) Never been a gaul either.

    6) See #5

  3. #3
    Artisan Eric Rasputin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    You don't need to know
    Posts
    730

    Default

    I can already hear Bane saying,"Substantive Discussions? Over my dead body!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

  4. #4

    Default

    1) I believe that I have won more servers than Lulu has played (example, not bashing! ) so you get bored and mix things up.

    2) It does not. Cheating does.

    3) Respect, temperament, strategic vision, execution and ethics.

    4) Mace gives you more offense faster. Axe are more efficient for upkeep. Can you feed a massive mace hammer? If not go with axe.

    5) Horrible idea. Lego are more efficient than Gaul.

    6) TTs ghost. HD Everything else.

    Gauls auto corrected to Fails. That's how I feel about them. Unless you're 100% anvil or an amazing ghost they are useless.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rasputin View Post
    I can already hear Bane saying,"Substantive Discussions? Over my dead body!"
    I've been steering this. We're almost there.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pile of Pandas View Post
    1) The appeal of a natar win (or refutal)
    2) Does the use of spies reduce the magnitude of a server win, especially if the other side does not employ them?
    3) What do you think makes a strong leader? Which attribute is most important if you had to rank them? Take action personality, diplomatic/smooth talker, analytical, prowess, planner, ....anything else you can think of.
    4) Mace hammer vs axes
    5) Gauls as Hammers
    6) TTs vs Haeds in hammer
    1.) Something different. Was just a "buck the system" type thing when we first did it. Our group back then, and I say it this way as I have no insight into the group attempting it now, had so much experience with Travian, both winning and losing, that we just wanted to go for a different goal.

    2.) Absolutely not, and I laugh, not in a disrespectful way as in laughing at these people, when people bring up this topic any more. Information is the most powerful weapon. I believe there was something, many rounds ago, where we had someone sitting a WW holding account of the opposing side, and they got on the account and sent all the defense back from the WW. I was not happy with that situation as that is going too far. Using spies and knowing troop counts and information is one thing but blatantly sabotaging them like that was uncalled for.

    3.) This one is hard to answer because you can say things like LB did, but I think a leader is only as good as those he surrounds himself with, be it like a council or whatever. But if we are narrowing it down to just Travian alliance leaders, I think one of the number one things is communication to the alliance as a whole.

    4.) I almost always play Tuetons with a few forays into Romans. Tuetons are for fightin' and maces are the fastest recovery time. When I first started playing Travian (S1R1) I made axes and hated to see a single one die. Next round I played all maces and loved splatting hammers because they were easier to recover and take less investment (Blacksmith upgrades and such).

    5.) I might take the easy way out on this and say I have never played a Gaul account past like 2 villages. I just feel if you want to build a hammer why not Tuetons or Roman? What do the Gauls offer other than a safer start to a round with trappers? I, personally, would rather have an EI ghost than a TT ghost.

    6.) Since I never did the math on Gaul troops and its been over 2 years since I played, I would say it all depends on the type of hammer. Ghost hammer is obviously TTs, but if you are building an EGH Haeds do more damage per wheat, yeah?

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post

    5) Horrible idea. Lego are more efficient than Gaul.

    Gauls auto corrected to Fails. That's how I feel about them. Unless you're 100% anvil or an amazing ghost they are useless.
    I feel kinda insulted, considering that Greg put so much effort to getting rid of one of those "useless" gaul hammers.

    As far as my answers go:
    1) They set a different goal for themselves that is all. Good thing this actually apposes the standart goal of getting a regular ww to 100, so we can have some sort of conflict.

    2) I have always considered using spies unethical, and while I wouldn't discredit a win by a team employing them, I have more respect for teams that play legitimately. Predicting your opponents moves and pushing yourself into a mindset which allows you to think like them is very hard to pull of without insider info.

    3) Hard for me to tell. I have seen different kinds of leaders succeed, I don't think there is one and only formula for success.

    4) Mace builds faster in both numbers and attack power, so it's good for raiding but bad for crop consumption. Axes are better for attack/crop, but as already mentioned, given the same time frame they will produce a weaker army than a mace hammer. I would personally build mace as secondary and axe as wwk.

    5) Least amount of att/hour no matter if you go TT or HD, but I believe can still produce strong hammers. TT speed is nice for raiding early on.

    6) I prefer haeds, but TTs could work for a spawn hammer for artifacts perhaps.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelsier View Post
    I think a leader is only as good as those he surrounds himself with,
    I agree with this. Build a good group with complimentary skills. Some people want to be the smartest person in the room. I want to he dumbest. I hope to recruit people who are better than me in every way.

    Quote Originally Posted by banzai130 View Post
    I feel kinda insulted, considering that Greg put so much effort to getting rid of one of those "useless" gaul hammers.
    If you had a Lego Hammer it might still be there. Lego EC provides more punch.

    Mace + TK = 3670 attack per hour for 23k res
    Axe + TK = 3491 attack per hour for 24.6k res
    Imp + EC = 3412 attack per hour for 28.9k res
    Imp + EI = 3194 attack per hour for 26.1k res
    Lego + EC = 3077 attack per hour for 27.2k res
    Sword + HD = 3039 attack per hour for 26.7k res
    Lego + EI = 2859 attack per hour for 24.4k res
    Praet + EC = 2822 attack per hour for 27.5k res
    Mace + Pally = 2790 attack per hour for 20.4k res
    Sword + TT = 2748 attack per hour for 21.6k res

    POP you could build a Praet hammer that had more punch than Sword TT.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    I agree with this. Build a good group with complimentary skills. Some people want to be the smartest person in the room. I want to he dumbest. I hope to recruit people who are better than me in every way.



    If you had a Lego Hammer it might still be there. Lego EC provides more punch.
    Mace + TK = 3670 attack per hour for 23k res
    Axe + TK = 3491 attack per hour for 24.6k res
    Imp + EC = 3412 attack per hour for 28.9k res
    Imp + EI = 3194 attack per hour for 26.1k res
    Lego + EC = 3077 attack per hour for 27.2k res
    Sword + HD = 3039 attack per hour for 26.7k res
    Lego + EI = 2859 attack per hour for 24.4k res
    Praet + EC = 2822 attack per hour for 27.5k res
    Mace + Pally = 2790 attack per hour for 20.4k res
    Sword + TT = 2748 attack per hour for 21.6k res

    POP you could build a Praet hammer that had more punch than Sword TT.
    Well idk how leggo hammer is less vulnerable to chiefing, so I'm not gonna argue about smth I know little about.

    Where did you pull those numbers from? I have doubts that they might not be very accurate.

  9. #9
    Tradesperson Pile of Pandas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in the pile
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    1) "If they keep score, I want to win."
    This is how I feel. If you're bored, why not play something else?

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post

    2) I believe so. I think anything dishonest reduces the legitimacy of a win.
    I agree too. I understand spies are part of the game, but I feel it's an unnecessary part of the game. If someone were to tell me where my opponent's next move in chess was going to be, the game would be a lot easier.




    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    1) I believe that I have won more servers than Lulu has played (example, not bashing! ) so you get bored and mix things up.
    *see my response to DA above. It's like playing pandemic, mysterium, or forbidden island and letting the game win. Feels pointless to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    2) It does not. Cheating does.
    We'll have to disagree here too. (except for the cheating part - that I agree, of course) I've never used bots or multi-account-ed or anything and I despise players that do. Just like with spies, it takes the challenge out of the game and then I have to wonder, why are you even playing? False greatness is not greatness.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post

    3) Respect, temperament, strategic vision, execution and ethics.

    4) Mace gives you more offense faster. Axe are more efficient for upkeep. Can you feed a massive mace hammer? If not go with axe.
    We agree here. I see mace hammers as quick throw away hammers, built quickly, destroyed quickly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post

    5) Horrible idea. Lego are more efficient than Gaul.

    6) TTs ghost. HD Everything else.

    Gauls auto corrected to Fails. That's how I feel about them. Unless you're 100% anvil or an amazing ghost they are useless.
    We agree about everything about gauls except their complete uselessness. TTs for raiding are the bomb. That said, every time I've played gaul, I've had a huge ghost hammer and then had everything else defense.... so I guess we don't completely disagree. A year ago, I would have argued haeds vs CEs, but now that I've played Roman a couple times, I think I'm forever sold. EIs aren't as fast as TTs, of course, but they hold their own. Now, If I could have TTs and then my roman hammer plus building bonus, that would be a dream.
    Last edited by Pile of Pandas; 02-04-2017 at 07:23 PM. Reason: formatting error

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by banzai130 View Post
    Well idk how leggo hammer is less vulnerable to chiefing
    The hammer could have been used for defense.

    Quote Originally Posted by banzai130 View Post
    Where did you pull those numbers from? I have doubts that they might not be very accurate.
    Page three of the new Lego Guide discussion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pile of Pandas View Post
    I understand spies are part of the game, but I feel it's an unnecessary part of the game..
    You need them if for no other reason than counter espionage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pile of Pandas View Post
    Just like with spies, it takes the challenge out of the game and then I have to wonder, why are you even playing?
    It doesn't take the challenge out of the game. It is it's own challenge and an extension of the game. Much like the forums.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pile of Pandas View Post
    We agree here. I see mace hammers as quick throw away hammers, built quickly, destroyed quickly.
    Or the greatest end game hammers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pile of Pandas View Post
    EIs aren't as fast as TTs, of course, but they hold their own.
    EIs are so much better though in my opinion. What were you forever sold on? Roman Calvary or Gaul?

  11. #11
    Consul Lurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Midwest U.S.
    Posts
    5,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pile of Pandas View Post
    1) The appeal of a natar win (or refutal)

    2) Does the use of spies reduce the magnitude of a server win, especially if the other side does not employ them?
    1. Most of the people posting here have played many rounds of Travian. It's the same old thing over and over - people splat hammers on each others' WWs and basically, whoever runs out of hammers last, eventually wins. People get burned out. Going for a Natar win isn't all that original, either, but at least it introduces some variety to the endgame grind. Plus I imagine a HUGE part of the appeal is there isn't a constant pressure to send wheat, send D, blah blah blah.

    I think that there are also some additional appeals to this round, this server specifically. But you said no poo flinging.

    2. I don't think so. The use of them is largely offline - access to Getter, Skype chatrooms etc and the win itself is almost entirely in-game. And the use is so freaking ubiquitous that it's hard to imagine NOT having spies or at least someone that's forwarding MMs at the very bare minimum. A better question would be, has there ever been a major alliance that hasn't used them, and did they stay a major alliance till the end?

    I don't think it reduces the challenge overall. It helps a lot but you still have to do the hard work of coordinating and getting people to actually provide the D. Knowing what to do with an alliance is easy. It's getting them to do it that's the rough part of leadership, and so, 3). The ability to motivate others and get them working as a team is probably the make-or-break leadership ability in this game.

    6. Haeds for a real hammer. TTs if you're just looking to screw with people, or if you're not a hammer-exclusive account.
    Last edited by Lurk; 02-04-2017 at 07:56 PM.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

    [7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    whoever runs out of hammers last, eventually wins.
    ^^THIS

    So the BR thread where people are mad because I don't appreciate GONE`s "victory" this was where I was leading.

    If anyone choses to go for a WW then GONE loses. Their only hope is for the server to go for a natar win and to outlast BTDT, KCCO, THC and TS`s ability to throw hammers.

    Also...
    Users Browsing this Forum
    There are currently 13 users browsing this forum. (7 members & 6 guests)
    Lord Bane*, banzai130*+, DevilAnse+, Luisss+, Lurk*, Patjm83, Pile of Pandas

    Good job guys! Substance...
    Last edited by Lord Bane; 02-04-2017 at 08:08 PM.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    Also...
    Users Browsing this Forum
    There are currently 13 users browsing this forum. (7 members & 6 guests)
    Lord Bane*, banzai130*+, DevilAnse+, Luisss+, Lurk*, Patjm83, Pile of Pandas

    Good job guys! Substance...
    God dammit, I thought you can't see me with invisible on...Oh well.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by banzai130 View Post
    God dammit, I thought you can't see me with invisible on...Oh well.
    Lord Bane has special powers as an ambassador

  15. #15

    Default

    Does his special powers include knowing when I'm really lurking or just happen to have the forum open in another tab I'm paying no attention to?

  16. #16

    Default

    I am glad you made this post, but lets focus on the spies issue. I am also glad that GONE members are complaining about spies.

    I remember, a GONE alliance member, enya tried to sneak himself as a spy into our alliance, and even tried to pretend he was new to the game, on some small account, hoping Cis would teach him some tricks. Being the sweet person Cis is, she agreed, but luckily we caught him lying and he was never allowed into our group.

    So you guys hate spies, but you allow your members to try to do the same? Make up your mind....

  17. #17

  18. #18
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious_Machine View Post
    I am glad you made this post, but lets focus on the spies issue. I am also glad that GONE members are complaining about spies.

    I remember, a GONE alliance member, enya tried to sneak himself as a spy into our alliance, and even tried to pretend he was new to the game, on some small account, hoping Cis would teach him some tricks. Being the sweet person Cis is, she agreed, but luckily we caught him lying and he was never allowed into our group.

    So you guys hate spies, but you allow your members to try to do the same? Make up your mind....
    Who are you talking about?

    I do not know what youre talking about in the slightest.

    Also, great thread Twist. I'll respond to each discussion point next time im on my pc!
    US1 - Redemption. US2 - Luisss.

    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  19. #19

    Default

    Enya, enyalois i think is the full nick. The funny or annoying or offensive drunk guy - depending on topics, lol. He ran a large hammer against my team last round, and then he tried to convince Cis he was new to the game this round. Part of it played out on the forums if you want to dig up the history.

  20. #20

    Default

    Zapp`s dual who gets beat up in the general chat?

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    Zapp`s dual who gets beat up in the general chat?
    My BFF. Great guy.

  22. #22

    Default

    That might make sense. I am actually not sure what account he is on but I suspect it is a top account and hammer account; I have played with him before on us1 actually (few rounds ago). I do not even have an issue with the tactic he tried. The point was simply that everybody tries to get spies. But in the end, most of the time spies happen because somebody is so upset at their own team, they reach out to the opponent because the game is no longer fun for them.

    Luckily for us, our leadership team is so nice to everybody, nobody on our team is ever grumpy. And they provide FRESH POTSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

  23. #23
    Tradesperson Pile of Pandas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in the pile
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious_Machine View Post

    So you guys hate spies, but you allow your members to try to do the same? Make up your mind....
    I knew nothing of this. I've never even heard a hint of this story. He did this on his own.

    I see you trying to turn this into a heated GONE bashing thread already and it hasn't even been 12 hours since I started it. LB, maybe you can talk to VM.

    and yes, I still don't like spies. I'd have to be livid before I'd spy against someone.

  24. #24
    Tradesperson Pile of Pandas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in the pile
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    What were you forever sold on? Roman Calvary or Gaul?
    Romans in general. They always intimidated me in the past. I've played them twice now and I love everything about them. Their strength, building bonuses, stronger walls. I will probably always play Roman, if I continue playing that is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    Zapp`s dual who gets beat up in the general chat?
    Yes, that's enya. He's only gotten beaten up recently. Nich is one of the nicest guys I know and he just got fed up. Enya comes on all the time demanding we entertain him, but then insults us when we try to engage him in conversation. He is not a veteran nor a current soldier.
    Last edited by Pile of Pandas; 02-05-2017 at 02:26 AM.

  25. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pile of Pandas View Post
    I see you trying to turn this into a heated GONE bashing thread already and it hasn't even been 12 hours since I started it.
    Ah yes, typical GONE. Their members throw out specific personal insults and other members ignore it, but god forbid I state some hypocrisy that happened with them regarding an actual topic, that must be "GONE bashing" right?

    As I stated already, the whole enya situation partially happened on the forums. Even if you had "no hint" of this story, it was openly available for everybody to see. Everything I am stating is actual facts, not opinion. There is no bashing. If you are going to want to discuss a topic, at least be open to feedback about facts that back it up. I stated my opinion, and I used facts that are available to all to show why I felt that way.

  26. #26

    Default

    Maybe bring up the posts in question instead of expecting every member of GONE to know the complete history of every player and dual in our alliance.

  27. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pile of Pandas View Post
    I knew nothing of this.
    The nature of spy games is that you wouldn't know this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pile of Pandas View Post
    Romans in general. They always intimidated me in the past. I've played them twice now and I love everything about them. Their strength, building bonuses, stronger walls. I will probably always play Roman, if I continue playing that is.
    I agree with all of this. Next server I'm bringing DA with (but only if he promises to be good) and you two could dual together.

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    Maybe bring up the posts in question instead of expecting every member of GONE to know the complete history of every player and dual in our alliance.
    I know you're talking to VM but I'll try to be better at this to. It's why I'm repetitive and offer citations. Sometimes I forget that I know more about GONE than GONE does.

  28. #28

    Default

    I am too lazy to find it, and not as organized as LB. The forums have a search option that you are free to use, or the easier option would be to simply ask the source if you do not believe what I am saying.

  29. #29
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,944

    Default

    For the record, I know nothing about enya attempting to spy on BTDT. I will ask him before I say anything else about it. Did this happen before or after the formation of GONE, VM? Lets take this to PM so as to not mess with Twist's thread. Or, you can start a new thread.
    US1 - Redemption. US2 - Luisss.

    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  30. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious_Machine View Post
    I am too lazy to find it, and not as organized as LB. The forums have a search option that you are free to use, or the easier option would be to simply ask the source if you do not believe what I am saying.
    I was obviously referring to when you first brought the topic of enya up. You said it as though every poster here does a forum background check on every member of our alliance.

    I did do some digging on him after you mentioned it but it was the first time I've heard about it on here. Based on my personal history with the guy, nothing would surprise me. Does that make me a bad guy that he's one of the ones I've had a problem with in the alliance? It's hard to keep up with when you guys find it acceptable that I tick off people in my alliance or not. One minute I'm a jerk for things I say in the chat and the next I have people saying I should drop tag and attack them.

  31. #31
    Tradesperson Pile of Pandas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in the pile
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious_Machine View Post
    Ah yes, typical GONE. Their members throw out specific personal insults and other members ignore it, but god forbid I state some hypocrisy that happened with them regarding an actual topic, that must be "GONE bashing" right?

    As I stated already, the whole enya situation partially happened on the forums. Even if you had "no hint" of this story, it was openly available for everybody to see. Everything I am stating is actual facts, not opinion. There is no bashing. If you are going to want to discuss a topic, at least be open to feedback about facts that back it up. I stated my opinion, and I used facts that are available to all to show why I felt that way.
    Yes, you are bashing. I just spent the last hour finding posts by enyalois. I found the one you were talking about where he was pretending to be a noob and cis offered to help. That was early september. GONE wasn't even formed yet. I was still in TS and wasn't paying hardly any attention to the forum yet this round.

    Hypocrisy indeed. I still stand by what I've said about spies.

  32. #32
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pile of Pandas View Post
    Yes, you are bashing. I just spent the last hour finding posts by enyalois. I found the one you were talking about where he was pretending to be a noob and cis offered to help. That was early september. GONE wasn't even formed yet. I was still in TS and wasn't paying hardly any attention to the forum yet this round.

    Hypocrisy indeed. I still stand by what I've said about spies.
    I also spoke with enya, who says there was never any conversation outside of those few forum posts.
    US1 - Redemption. US2 - Luisss.

    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  33. #33

    Default

    Spies are just a part of the game, until they're not.

  34. #34
    Senator Meherrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In a universe of my own design
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Hammers, hammers, hammers. Always hammers. Anyone want to discuss anvil mechanics?

    I almost always play anvil. At first I played Roman anvil, but once I tried Gauls I stuck with them. I've never tried a Teuton anvil.

  35. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    Hammers, hammers, hammers. Always hammers. Anyone want to discuss anvil mechanics?

    I almost always play anvil. At first I played Roman anvil, but once I tried Gauls I stuck with them. I've never tried a Teuton anvil.
    Gaul anvils are nice!!! If I were going to play an account as an anvil only, gauls would be my choice.

    I love Romans because although expensive to build/maintain they are great for making a hybrid account. If you splat your hammer, it's easy to convert Romans into a monster anvil account.

    The thing I hate about Gauls is the single build thing. It's great as a roman to have a resource field plus a village center building going at the same time and with plus you can put another in que.

  36. #36
    Senator Meherrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In a universe of my own design
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post

    The thing I hate about Gauls is the single build thing. It's great as a roman to have a resource field plus a village center building going at the same time and with plus you can put another in que.
    That is a great advantage for Romans, at least while you're still working on resource fields in any given villa. Though as a fairly heavy gold user, I find it less of an advantage personally.

    I've run both Roman and Gaul anvils with a modest ghost/raiding force, and find that both work fairly well. EIs have more power, TTs have more speed. It's one of the trade-offs in choosing a tribe.

  37. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    I have people saying I should drop tag and attack them.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke

    Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    Anyone want to discuss anvil mechanics?
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    If you splat your hammer, it's easy to convert Romans into a monster anvil account.
    Lego are basically phalanx. You're an anvil but infantry can raid to offset upkeep and in an emergency you could use them offensively. There's also no need to convert and only one infantry type to upgrade.

  38. #38
    Tradesperson Pile of Pandas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in the pile
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post



    There's also no need to convert and only one infantry type to upgrade.
    This is a huge plus

  39. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    I've run both Roman and Gaul anvils with a modest ghost/raiding force, and find that both work fairly well. EIs have more power, TTs have more speed. It's one of the trade-offs in choosing a tribe.
    I've never really played as anything other than Roman. I messed around on one account years ago as a gaul but it just wasn't for me so I deleted. Guess I'm just a creature of habit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    Lego are basically phalanx. You're an anvil but infantry can raid to offset upkeep and in an emergency you could use them offensively. There's also no need to convert and only one infantry type to upgrade.
    Good point.

  40. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pile of Pandas View Post
    This is a huge plus
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    Good point.
    For real. You two should dual.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •