Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good idea?

Default Good idea?

I've been using a dollar bill as a bookmark since it's convenient, I always have one, and it doesn't have enough value for me to fear it getting stolen.

Anyway, if your used a $5 bill as a bookmark for your kids. When they finish the book, they get to keep it. Obviously it increases in size as they get older to a $10 and $20 bill. Probably won't go to $50.

And I'd read the books too, so they can't pretend they read it.

I'm thinking we start small. When we read to them with Clifford or something, We keep a $1 bill in there and they can keep it, so the tradition can start young, like trading a tooth for a dollar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.

My internet brings all the nerds to the yard, And there like, Its better than yours, Damn right its better than yours, I can share with you, But I have to charge!
    La la-la la la, I know Rok wants it! La la-la la la, and it's on Wifi! Imagine if I bothered to tether it! La la-la la la, nah nah nah nah nah! La la-la la la!

The country with the world's longest official name

Game the system by reading short stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    Game the system by reading short stories.
    I choose the bookmarks. In your case it would be quids.

My internet brings all the nerds to the yard, And there like, Its better than yours, Damn right its better than yours, I can share with you, But I have to charge!
    La la-la la la, I know Rok wants it! La la-la la la, and it's on Wifi! Imagine if I bothered to tether it! La la-la la la, nah nah nah nah nah! La la-la la la!

You sound like a breeder suddenly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

If you were giving a high school student $20 per book, you might have a hard time convincing them to get a part time job (and at that point they would have to be wary of bookmark theft). Might be better to throw a "value of saving" lesson in and rather than increase the size of the bill, put matching funds in a savings account.

S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    If you were giving a high school student $20 per book, you might have a hard time convincing them to get a part time job (and at that point they would have to be wary of bookmark theft). Might be better to throw a "value of saving" lesson in and rather than increase the size of the bill, put matching funds in a savings account.
    It's just to pique their interest in reading.

for yourself use a 2 dollar bill, it is more fun to have one by!
    http://static.pokemoninfinity.com/im..._forum_sig.png

trooper? recruit an army and get two recruits from me for your army...

teacher?
    first five would receive 50 extra coins don't miss the chance...

Good idea, Sap!
    US1 - Redemption. US2 - Luisss.

"Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

I think it's a good idea as well. Especially since my daughter is old school and refuses to read on her Kindle. She wants the smell and feel of an actual book.
    The ORIGINALCisalpine! Retired

http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=95436 for the Awesome Natar Win
    http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=93085 For US S1 history

Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    I think it's a good idea as well. Especially since my daughter is old school and refuses to read on her Kindle. She wants the smell and feel of an actual book.
    I prefer convenience of a Kindle. This is the first paper book I've read in years. Which is why I was so lost looking for a bookmark, I just pulled out a dollar bill.