Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 240

Thread: Man charged with murder for killing a parasite

  1. #1
    Consul The Blazin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murica... **** yeah
    Posts
    6,492

    Default Man charged with murder for killing a parasite

    You pro choicers need to protest to free this man. If he was white, he probably would have just got an assault charge. Stand up for what you believe and get this man freed.

    http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/in...l_murde_4.html
    Last edited by The Blazin1; 01-31-2017 at 06:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

    It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

  2. #2
    Artisan Eric Rasputin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    You don't need to know
    Posts
    718

    Default

    How can it be dead if it isn't even born? Do the editors actually read the articles? Do they know what they're talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

  3. #3
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rasputin View Post
    How can it be dead if it isn't even born? Do the editors actually read the articles? Do they know what they're talking about?
    Because believe it or not, the unborn baby is alive at the point of conception. The only real question in the abortion debate is personhood. To argue anything else is to ignore science.
    US1 - Redemption. US2 - Luisss.

    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  4. #4
    Consul The Burninator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Great Garden State
    Posts
    8,111

    Default

    *Yawn*
    Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    In my view, a fetus is a person. It's a unique individual with unknown potential for good and evil. But in my view, if I have to be physically attached to and draw resources from YOUR BODY alone and otherwise I will die, that decision is YOURS to make. It's YOUR body. I, too, am a unique human life with unknown potential. Anyway, since I value your right to your body and don't assign myself the right to use it without your consent, I must admit that this will apply to your rights or lack thereof regarding my body.
    > The Blazin1's opening gambit isn't very effective.
    "The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice... It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, and the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one. No matter the blood. No matter the skin. No matter the world. No matter the star. We are one. No matter the pain. No matter the darkness. No matter the loss. No matter the fear. We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognise this singular truth and this singular rule: that we must be kind to one another. Because, each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one." ~G'kar

  5. #5
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    *Yawn*
    Idk how you can think the right to not have your body used for a few months is worth more than an entire human life, especially when we're not talking about a person who made the choice to attach themselves to someone else - we're talking about an entirely innocent person who made no choice and is now being left with no choices.
    US1 - Redemption. US2 - Luisss.

    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  6. #6
    Consul The Burninator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Great Garden State
    Posts
    8,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    Idk how you can think the right to not have your body used for a few months is worth more than an entire human life, especially when we're not talking about a person who made the choice to attach themselves to someone else - we're talking about an entirely innocent person who made no choice and is now being left with no choices.
    Either the woman owns her own bodily fluids and can do with them as she wishes, or she doesn't. That's an absolute rights claim. I'd suggest you read "Taking Rights Seriously" by R. Dworkin if you don't understand what rights are.

    You've made clear that your belief is that a woman does NOT have a right to her body. But your failure to understand is based on your failure to realize that while a woman might have the right to an abortion on these grounds, it can still be a morally wrong decision for her to make in many cases. So I agree with you that the choice to have an abortion is often morally questionable, but you've made absolutely no arguments as to why it ought to be ILLEGAL for a woman to do with her body as she wishes.

    You're allowed to buy guns and you're allowed to smoke. You're allowed to drink yourself into a stupor and marry, divorce, and remarry 17 times. You're allowed, in short, to be a jerkwad. Legally.

    The best person to make the decision on an abortion is the person with the most relevant information on the subject -- namely, the mother in consultation with her doctors. You've provided absolutely no reason why this wouldn't be the case, and your simple insistence that you don't understand doesn't actually make your case more persuasive.
    Last edited by The Burninator; 01-31-2017 at 07:07 PM.
    "The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice... It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, and the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one. No matter the blood. No matter the skin. No matter the world. No matter the star. We are one. No matter the pain. No matter the darkness. No matter the loss. No matter the fear. We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognise this singular truth and this singular rule: that we must be kind to one another. Because, each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one." ~G'kar

  7. #7
    Consul The Blazin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murica... **** yeah
    Posts
    6,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    *Yawn*

    > The Blazin1's opening gambit isn't very effective.
    There are a lot of other posts that would imply otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

    It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

  8. #8
    Consul The Burninator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Great Garden State
    Posts
    8,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    There are a lot of other posts that would imply otherwise.
    Is this one of those "my inauguration crowd WAS the biggest ever, and damn the evidence" moments, or will you admit you're wrong about this if I go ahead and quote every post I've ever made on the topic?
    "The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice... It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, and the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one. No matter the blood. No matter the skin. No matter the world. No matter the star. We are one. No matter the pain. No matter the darkness. No matter the loss. No matter the fear. We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognise this singular truth and this singular rule: that we must be kind to one another. Because, each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one." ~G'kar

  9. #9
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    So I agree with you that the choice to have an abortion is often morally questionable, but you've made absolutely no arguments as to why it ought to be ILLEGAL for a woman to do with her body as she wishes.
    If you think that an unborn baby is a person, then that person has the right to life and allowing a woman to terminate that life would be murder. I do not think women should be allowed to commit murder in cases where consensual sex resulted in the creation of a life in their body.

    It's the equivalent of saying that a mother should have the right to kill their baby the day after birth. They are literally entirely dependent on the mother (or parent) to live. They are not physically attached to the body, but the dependence remains the same and the baby will absolutely die without assistance of another human. Should whoever is tasked with raising that child have the right to kill it?
    US1 - Redemption. US2 - Luisss.

    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  10. #10
    Consul The Burninator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Great Garden State
    Posts
    8,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    If you think that an unborn baby is a person, then that person has the right to life and allowing a woman to terminate that life would be murder. I do not think women should be allowed to commit murder in cases where consensual sex resulted in the creation of a life in their body.

    It's the equivalent of saying that a mother should have the right to kill their baby the day after birth. They are literally entirely dependent on the mother (or parent) to live. They are not physically attached to the body, but the dependence remains the same and the baby will absolutely die without assistance of another human. Should whoever is tasked with raising that child have the right to kill it?
    Par1) this argument has been made and answered. Your right to life does not entail any further rights against a particular person; in other words, the right to life is a right to not be intentionally killed by another. Since a woman having an abortion means only to have her body back in a legitimate assertion of her right to bodily sovereignty, it is unfortunate that the fetus will not be able to survive, but not an infringement upon its rights to not be intentionally killed.

    Par2) no, because in the case of a born child, the care thereof is not specific to one person. If any individual does not take up the responsibility, there are other individuals who will. This is different from a fetus, which will survive only if it remains attached to a specific individual.

    It is also different because the rights assertion needed to make abortion a legal right is mere bodily sovereignty, ie the quite plausible claim that "I have a right to my bodily fluids." You can't get from "I have a right to my bodily fluids" to "kill babies." But you can from "I've a right to my bodily fluids" to "I can have an abortion."

    So they're quite neatly divided.

    This argument, by the way, has also been made and answered in the past. So unless new arguments are offered, I will politely allow Luisss the last word and allow the topic to pass.
    "The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice... It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, and the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one. No matter the blood. No matter the skin. No matter the world. No matter the star. We are one. No matter the pain. No matter the darkness. No matter the loss. No matter the fear. We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognise this singular truth and this singular rule: that we must be kind to one another. Because, each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one." ~G'kar

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •