Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Man charged with murder for killing a parasite

Default Man charged with murder for killing a parasite

You pro choicers need to protest to free this man. If he was white, he probably would have just got an assault charge. Stand up for what you believe and get this man freed.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/in...l_murde_4.html
    Last edited by The Blazin1; 01-31-2017 at 05:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

How can it be dead if it isn't even born? Do the editors actually read the articles? Do they know what they're talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rasputin View Post
    How can it be dead if it isn't even born? Do the editors actually read the articles? Do they know what they're talking about?
    Because believe it or not, the unborn baby is alive at the point of conception. The only real question in the abortion debate is personhood. To argue anything else is to ignore science.
    US1 - Redemption. US2 - Luisss.

"Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

*Yawn*
    Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    In my view, a fetus is a person. It's a unique individual with unknown potential for good and evil. But in my view, if I have to be physically attached to and draw resources from YOUR BODY alone and otherwise I will die, that decision is YOURS to make. It's YOUR body. I, too, am a unique human life with unknown potential. Anyway, since I value your right to your body and don't assign myself the right to use it without your consent, I must admit that this will apply to your rights or lack thereof regarding my body.
    > The Blazin1's opening gambit isn't very effective.

*Yawn*
    Idk how you can think the right to not have your body used for a few months is worth more than an entire human life, especially when we're not talking about a person who made the choice to attach themselves to someone else - we're talking about an entirely innocent person who made no choice and is now being left with no choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    Idk how you can think the right to not have your body used for a few months is worth more than an entire human life, especially when we're not talking about a person who made the choice to attach themselves to someone else - we're talking about an entirely innocent person who made no choice and is now being left with no choices.
    Either the woman owns her own bodily fluids and can do with them as she wishes, or she doesn't. That's an absolute rights claim. I'd suggest you read "Taking Rights Seriously" by R. Dworkin if you don't understand what rights are.

You've made clear that your belief is that a woman does NOT have a right to her body. But your failure to understand is based on your failure to realize that while a woman might have the right to an abortion on these grounds, it can still be a morally wrong decision for her to make in many cases. So I agree with you that the choice to have an abortion is often morally questionable, but you've made absolutely no arguments as to why it ought to be ILLEGAL for a woman to do with her body as she wishes.

You're allowed to buy guns and you're allowed to smoke. You're allowed to drink yourself into a stupor and marry, divorce, and remarry 17 times. You're allowed, in short, to be a jerkwad. Legally.

The best person to make the decision on an abortion is the person with the most relevant information on the subject -- namely, the mother in consultation with her doctors. You've provided absolutely no reason why this wouldn't be the case, and your simple insistence that you don't understand doesn't actually make your case more persuasive.
    Last edited by The Burninator; 01-31-2017 at 06:07 PM.

*Yawn*

> The Blazin1's opening gambit isn't very effective.
    There are a lot of other posts that would imply otherwise.
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

There are a lot of other posts that would imply otherwise.
    Is this one of those "my inauguration crowd WAS the biggest ever, and damn the evidence" moments, or will you admit you're wrong about this if I go ahead and quote every post I've ever made on the topic?

So I agree with you that the choice to have an abortion is often morally questionable, but you've made absolutely no arguments as to why it ought to be ILLEGAL for a woman to do with her body as she wishes.
    If you think that an unborn baby is a person, then that person has the right to life and allowing a woman to terminate that life would be murder. I do not think women should be allowed to commit murder in cases where consensual sex resulted in the creation of a life in their body.

It's the equivalent of saying that a mother should have the right to kill their baby the day after birth. They are literally entirely dependent on the mother (or parent) to live. They are not physically attached to the body, but the dependence remains the same and the baby will absolutely die without assistance of another human. Should whoever is tasked with raising that child have the right to kill it?

If you think that an unborn baby is a person, then that person has the right to life and allowing a woman to terminate that life would be murder. I do not think women should be allowed to commit murder in cases where consensual sex resulted in the creation of a life in their body.

It's the equivalent of saying that a mother should have the right to kill their baby the day after birth. They are literally entirely dependent on the mother (or parent) to live. They are not physically attached to the body, but the dependence remains the same and the baby will absolutely die without assistance of another human. Should whoever is tasked with raising that child have the right to kill it?
    Par1) this argument has been made and answered. Your right to life does not entail any further rights against a particular person; in other words, the right to life is a right to not be intentionally killed by another. Since a woman having an abortion means only to have her body back in a legitimate assertion of her right to bodily sovereignty, it is unfortunate that the fetus will not be able to survive, but not an infringement upon its rights to not be intentionally killed.

Par2) no, because in the case of a born child, the care thereof is not specific to one person. If any individual does not take up the responsibility, there are other individuals who will. This is different from a fetus, which will survive only if it remains attached to a specific individual.

It is also different because the rights assertion needed to make abortion a legal right is mere bodily sovereignty, ie the quite plausible claim that "I have a right to my bodily fluids." You can't get from "I have a right to my bodily fluids" to "kill babies." But you can from "I've a right to my bodily fluids" to "I can have an abortion."

So they're quite neatly divided.

This argument, by the way, has also been made and answered in the past. So unless new arguments are offered, I will politely allow Luisss the last word and allow the topic to pass.

Is this one of those "my inauguration crowd WAS the biggest ever, and damn the evidence" moments, or will you admit you're wrong about this if I go ahead and quote every post I've ever made on the topic?
    Why is it all about you? You are self centered enough to take a life if it was an inconvenience to you. Did I call you out anywhere by name? Me me me. Jeez

You pro choicers need to protest to free this man. If he was white, he probably would have just got an assault charge. Stand up for what you believe and get this man freed.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/in...l_murde_4.html
    The woman did not want the baby dead. Which was still inside her. Its murder to take it from her wothout her consent. Just like **** is illegal.

The arguement is for the woman to be able to make that choice not anyone else.

Reading the article, this is highly unlikely but let me put this picture out.

What if the man had a beef with the woman and the child was not the intended target?

Highly unlikely but just putting this out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Idk how you can think the right to not have your body used for a few months (by donating a kidney) is worth more than an entire human life (that will die without YOUR kidney), especially when we're not talking about a person who made the choice (to need a kidney) - we're talking about an entirely innocent person who made no choice and is now being left with no choices.
    Again Luiey, I sincerely hope you don't still have 2 kidneys. Because I'm quite sure you would value a fully sentient life over a possible one. Unless choice about control only counts for women, maybe? Why is YOUR choice about your body sustaining a life more important than mine?
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

I mentioned this scenario in another thread. It comes down to whether the baby was wanted or not. Or it's death is being used to get a tougher sentence for the accused. It would be nice if they could someday state unequivocally when life begins. Then there woud be less arguments about it
    The ORIGINALCisalpine! Retired

http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=95436 for the Awesome Natar Win
    http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=93085 For US S1 history

the right to life is a right to not be intentionally killed by another.
    Unless You're an unborn baby.

Since a woman having an abortion means only to have her body back
    That's not what it means.

It is also different because the rights assertion needed to make abortion a legal right is mere bodily sovereignty[/quote]

Six months of body sovereignty < right to an entire life.

So they're quite neatly divided.

This argument, by the way, has also been made and answered in the past. So unless new arguments are offered, I will politely allow Luisss the last word and allow the topic to pass.
    If you can link me I'll stop posting about it until I've finished reading the thread you link me to.

You misread English in my post on multiple occasions so I don't feel the need to respond. I said "a woman having an abortion means only to <ie INTENDS TO> have her body back." You didn't understand the meaning of the sentence and also your continuing to suggest that we need to have a conversation about weighted values suggests that you really are having trouble with the concept of what a right entails. Get a PDF of Taking Rights Seriously by R. Dworkin.

True rights conflicts are exceedingly rare. In this case, your issue is that you think that people literally have a right to be alive instead of the fact that the extent of their right is to not be intentionally killed (or, you could argue, recklessly killed). Due to your failure to understand that a woman asserting her right to bodily sovereignty does not intentionally (or recklessly) kill anyone (since her intent is to assert her right), the fetus's rights are not violated. It is an unfortunate effect that a fetus cannot survive under those conditions, but none of its rights are violated.

Hunter argued that if you can commit abortion due to individual rights then you can sanction {any act}. You substituted {kill babies}. The response is the same.

Oddly enough my daughter asked me the other night "What if a man wants the baby and the mother wants abortion? Should he have a say?" I told her in my opinion that yes, he should have a say, but unforunately he really has no choice. Just as he had no choice if she has the baby, he will have to support it if she needs support.

I really wish science and religion could come to an agreement on this. It's a topic that I don't think either side will ever relent on though. TBH, I was 100% pro-choice until I read up on what EXACTLY that entailed. A family member was in the House of Representatives in VA. In the sub committee they got the joyous chance to watch an abortion of a baby past the 3 month mark. I looked it up. You can see the baby trying to get away from the "vacuum" sucking it up. It was a devastating thing to watch. I'm neither pro choice (which in the 90's included Dr's leaving the body of the baby in late term in the mother and killing the baby by choking, breaking it's neck and other vile ways of killing it. The baby had to stay in the womb to prevent this from being labeled murder) Nor am I pro-life (life begins at conception) I'm kind of in between. I think in the first trimester a woman has the right to choose. Later than that I feel it's murder. The only exceptions being ****, incest or the mother's life being at risk. But again, that's MY OPINION. Not fact, just opinion. Then again, having a miscarriage and having it turn into uterine cancer and facing a hysterectomy if chemo didn't work also played a choice in my change of attitude. I was LUCKY to have two children and both pregnancies put my life at risk. Both were emergency c-sections.
    The ORIGINALCisalpine! Retired

http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=95436 for the Awesome Natar Win
    http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=93085 For US S1 history

Either the woman owns her own
    The separate human is not "her" body.

Quote Originally Posted by Foley View Post
    The woman did not want the baby dead. Which was still inside her. Its murder to take it from her wothout her consent. Just like **** is illegal.

The arguement is for the woman to be able to make that choice not anyone else.
    What about the father, should he have a voice?, I mean afterall...

He's free to express an opinion, but just like the mother of someone who needs a kidney can ask, he can't demand the use of anyone's body.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    He's free to express an opinion
    Why cant he abort the child himself?

Quote Originally Posted by cofc View Post
    White male privilege?

How would he manage that without assault?

No because it is not his body. Just his sperm.

Did the woman have consensual sex with him? The sperm was his, could a woman conceive without it?

How do you abort a fetus without assaulting it?

/argument.

by killing it of course!
    http://static.pokemoninfinity.com/im..._forum_sig.png

trooper? recruit an army and get two recruits from me for your army...

teacher?
    first five would receive 50 extra coins don't miss the chance...

Cosby used drugs to have sex, now he is facing charges but it's ok to use drugs to murder? If I sold you drugs, and you OD and die, guess what could happen to me despite you wanting the drugs?

killing a human
    You've never supported consent before, you cannot try to start now.

Abortion is assaulting another human. Why are you suddenly against this?

Abortion is assaulting another human. Why are you suddenly against this?
    So assault is bad against a bunch of cells but OK against a woman?

So assault is bad against a bunch of cells but OK against a woman?
    If assault is fine against a small human it is okay against a fat big human.

Cosby used drugs to have sex, now he is facing charges but it's ok to use drugs to murder? If I sold you drugs, and you OD and die, guess what could happen to me despite you wanting the drugs?
    Blaze this isn't even slightly coherent. Cosby is facing charges for using drugs on another person, not on HIMSELF. The proper metaphor would be should you face charges if you took some drugs yourself, then somehow I died.

I wonder if cofc gets paid for doing what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    I have toyed with some theories. But the only one that holds is that he and his school friends have a bet about how many bites he can troll by acting like a complete ****. If you read his posts with that in mind, it's quite funny.

I have toyed with some theories. But the only one that holds is that he and his school friends have a bet about how many bites he can troll by acting like a complete ****. If you read his posts with that in mind, it's quite funny.
    My posts are often funny, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Only with your anger and tears.

Blaze this isn't even slightly coherent. Cosby is facing charges for using drugs on another person, not on HIMSELF. The proper metaphor would be should you face charges if you took some drugs yourself, then somehow I died.
    What do you mean, the drug is administered to kill the baby, so they are absolutely using on a body other than their own or they would both die. Are you drinking today?

What do you mean, the drug is administered to kill the baby, so they are absolutely using on a body other than their own or they would both die. Are you drinking today?
    Blaze, my mouth and stomach are part of my body. Are you holding that a woman's mouth and stomach are part of the body of another person? You're arguing right now that taking a pill constitutes assault, and implying further that I must be drunk to point out that taking a pill obviously doesn't constitute assault.

A fetus's attachment to a woman's body hardly implies that the woman's mouth and stomach actually become part of the fetus's body.

My thing has always been, why is it any of our business? If YOUR SO got an abortion then it's your problem but if some random person in bum**** nowhere gets an abortion how does that affect you? Sure you see it as morally corrupt and bad, but it doesn't actually affect anyone other than the 2 parties that "created" the baby. This is what I hate about people, you're all up in other people's ****, mind your own damn business.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig