Thread: Forum Contests and Events discussion

Default Forum Contests and Events discussion

Hey Folks

We want to hold more competitions and events such as the xmas event, travian board game and crosswords.

Please leave your feedback and suggestions in this thread

Years back a Mod ran a spam thread. It was timed and it was awesome, encouraging participants to post spam (with all other rules in place, like no curse words, double posts, twin posts, or attacking other posters and it had to have some sort of link to previous posts in the thread). It was insane and a rush and I scored high (cuz I am Dan Chak), but most of all it created good feelings for not only those who participated but those reading what was being posted as well.
    http://forum.travian.us/showthread.p...=1#post1962723
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

I've hosted a few on the NL forums, I still have the images stored.
    Things like "Guess the unit/building" or "find the differences", "Caption the picture".

Small events, though: roughly a week should suffice for these events.

Community Moderator Mod Deadpool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    Years back a Mod ran a spam thread. It was timed and it was awesome, encouraging participants to post spam (with all other rules in place, like no curse words, double posts, twin posts, or attacking other posters and it had to have some sort of link to previous posts in the thread). It was insane and a rush and I scored high (cuz I am Dan Chak), but most of all it created good feelings for not only those who participated but those reading what was being posted as well.
    http://forum.travian.us/showthread.p...=1#post1962723
    Wow, 66 pages in an hour?
    I like this idea. It's pretty fun, but not as an official competition (for gold). We can run this like we run Mafia games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Deadpool View Post
    Wow, 66 pages in an hour?
    I like this idea. It's pretty fun, but not as an official competition (for gold). We can run this like we run Mafia games.
    We only got bragging rights, which was more than worth the price of admission.
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.