View Poll Results: Will anyone else build a World Wonder? If so, who?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, BTDT/KCCO will change their minds and build a World Wonder.

3 17.65%
  • Someone in the NW will build a WW.

0 0%
  • TMF, in the SE, will build a World Wonder.

0 0%
  • TRA will still try to build a World Wonder.

1 5.88%
  • No, no one else will build a World Wonder.

6 35.29%
  • Betty White/Your Mom

7 41.18%
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The WW Race

Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    Basically. What's a win when you have no competition? It's like watching NASCAR that only has one car on the track. So if you think about it, we're just making the server more fun by encouraging the Natars to build, thereby actually giving GONE an opponent to race against. No need for thanks. We enjoy it.
    Outsider post: I don't think it's GONE's fault that no one is competing against them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    However, a reasonable person would also accept the explanation that "know(ing) about your op" could also include simply knowing that an op will be planned in the near future. This would count as "knowing about" such an op, even if the details aren't there. You are, apparently, not such a person.

A similar analogy could be...Let's say that I told my wife I'm going to make dinner. It's 7 AM. I don't have a single clue what I'm going to make or even what time it will be ready to serve. Hell, technically I didn't even say I was going to make it tonight, or anytime this month. Haven't even thought that out yet. If I get a text message from one of her friends saying, "Hey, I hear you're making dinner" a reasonable person would not freak out and say "ZOMGWTFLOL U LIAR I HAVENT EVEN LIEK PLANNED DAT **** YET YO **** YOU *****"
    Did Cis ever say "I know about the dinner you made"?

If so, again, the analogy does not apply to the circumstances in question.

Also, I'm not the one who freaked out. I simply said I had not planned an operation for them to know any details about as they claimed. Or am I supposed to let accusations of me lying go by and never say anything?

Cis, you knew nothing about the op when you said you did. You knew not whether A) one actually existed, B) when I was going to plan it, or C) any details about it. You knew that I might be planning an op in the future based on a post in my general chat which I already knew had spying eyes inside. You said you knew about the operation because I "crow" nonstop. You were not being truthful. Simple as that.
    US1 - Redemption.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rasputin View Post
    Outsider post: I don't think it's GONE's fault that no one is competing against them.
    Only on us1 can it be the frontrunners whose job it is to create their own competition. And when they do not, their win will be discounted
    US1 - Redemption.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    I like you. Lying Luisss argues semantics for two months because he doesn't know what else to do. You hold your own. You should join us next round.

Focusing on this round...

I am not BTDT. If they are following my above scenario it's brilliant and a GONE win would be more meaningful. I don't know that they are and my current opinion is GONE`s effort is meaningless and nonsensical.
    My only dog in this particular fight is the spin coming forth by certain posters that have basically said that GONE doesn't win no matter what. Not that you said that, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    There's a (possibly perverse) thrill in trying to keep the opposition from doing what they want to do. As you pointed out when you said there would still be competition. That's what we came here for, the gameplay, not the sandcastle.
    Completely understandable. Thank you for the clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    Did Cis ever say "I know about the dinner you made"?

If so, again, the analogy does not apply to the circumstances in question.
    No analogy is perfect. That's why they're called analogies. The one that I used applies just fine, and you have yet to prove otherwise. In both the analogy and the reality, no-one claimed to have any details or timeframes.

What makes your response to me all the more dumb is the fact that "I know about the dinner you made" is way stronger than what Cis claimed to know. She didn't even claim knowledge that you had planned anything (you hadn't, at that point, allegedly). All that she claimed was that she heard about an op. Heard about it. What that means is, for her to have not lied, all it takes is for someone to have told her that you were going to have an op. That's an extremely low bar given that people say all kinds of things far less believable than "Lulu is talking about an op" yet don't receive nearly the same level of **** that you're flinging right now. You've said way crazier things than that. So have I. It's the Internet for godssakes.

Also. I wasn't saying you freaked out, necessarily. But, IMO, you did overreact very badly and the fact that you haven't let any of this **** go after 2 months have gone by just supports that opinion. Cis probably overreacted too, from my perspective. But if I remember correctly, you were the one that started that entire *****torm.

Also. Reply to the first part of my post. Not just the analogy that you can semantic around all day.
    Last edited by Lurk; 01-07-2017 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Fixing English grammatical parameter things. I am ashamed to admit that Lulu and I share a same first language, and it shows.
    Veritas? Quid est veritas?

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    Not sure how that would have worked since the game was finished.

The winners screen (which is automatically generated) defaulted to the runner-up because there was no provision for a Natar win. Now that the Natar win is coded into the game as a means of bringing games that run too long to an end, I would hope the code generating the winners screen would have been changed to accommodate that possibility. One would probably have to ask an MH to be sure.
    Yes if the Natars win it should be correctly recorded on the winners screen automatically from the coding. Failing that I get very busy with manually editing and re-posting the automated sysmsg....

Oh snap!! Now what will Luis do? His default hope of a participation medal is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    that have basically said that GONE doesn't win no matter what.
    Well if GONE wins a one man race is it really a win? No. Luisss might think so but he's part of that generation that got participation trophies and was wrapped in bubble wrap. Speaking of "Bubble Wrap"...

Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    Also, I'm not the one who freaked out.
    Yes you are. That's why you're here arguing semantics from November.

Let... it... go...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    that have basically said that GONE doesn't win no matter what.
    Luisss is a special snowflake that is both entitled and was always told he was the smartest boy. That's why he can't let it go.... he can't bear to admit he might be wrong. That leads me to this...

Personally I think you can lose even if you win. If there's a race as Cis described it then this server drags on for another 200 days. 200 more days of wasted gold, blown up caps and lost hammers. 200 more days of waking up in the middle of the night for end game duty. All so Lying Luisss aka "Bubble Wrap" can add his first big boy win to his sig.

That sounds like a loss to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious_Machine View Post
    Oh snap!! Now what will Luis do? His default hope of a participation medal is gone.
    It apparently doesn't matter. The bases have already been covered by the spin-masters. For those following along, here's the spin-masters spinning based on possible outcomes:

1) BTDT prevents GONE from winning is a win for BTDT.

2) A GONE victory is meaningless because they're the only team building.