Thread: Mafia Choice Signups

Default Mafia Choice Signups

Read through this before you post. This game won't start until after Christmas, but I'm posting signups now. I'm going to post the full role list here. What I want everyone to do is after you signup, PM me 3-5 roles from the list in order of which you would like to receive. I'm going to plug those into a program to randomly choose your roles, but if possible, everyone will recieve one of the ones they want as high up on their list as possible. Then I'll rename the roles for the theme of the round, and post what roles are in play when the game starts. Do not discuss with each others what roles you are putting down.

If it's not possible for everyone to get what they want, I'll hand pick roles for anyone left out and try to fit them to what I think you'll enjoy.

The Village:

Vigilante- Can kill a player of their choosing.

Detective- Can investigate someone for their innocence by reading their mind. Mafia Leader and Independents except Serial Killer appear innocent.

Insane Detective– Told they are the Detective, but gets false readings on his investigations.

Rookie Detective– Told they are the Detective, but always gets innocent readings.

Jaded Detective– Told they are the Detective, but always gets guilty readings.

Forensic Investigator– Able to investigate a dead body every night, learning who has targeted them through the game.

Doctor- Can use their power to save one person that night.

Door-to-door Salesman- Can freeze one person, stopping them from using their power for a round.

Surgeon– May protect another player each night. If the player is not attacked, they have a 50% chance of being killed.

Neighborhood Watch– May watch one person each night, finding out who targeted them that night.

Stalker– Able to watch one person each night, finding out who they targeted that night.

Militiaman– Has a 50% chance to survive an attack against him. May kill one person per game.

Miller- Appears guilty to investigations.

Bodyguard– May protect one person per night, dying in their place if they are attacked.

Elite Bodyguard– May protect one person per night, dying in their place if they are attacked, and killing the attacker. This works on anyone except the Godfather.

Town Lunatic– Able to resurrect a player. May only ressurect one player per game.

Old Granny– Kills anyone who tries to kill her. The Godfather is the only one that can kill her. Cannot be roleblocked, but will still appear as so in KP. (Able to be lynched.)

Counselor- Decides whether or not the Vigilante can kill that night. On the Village Side.

Snitch– If Assassinated, becomes a mafia. May take on one of the Mafia's missing roles. Appears in the KP as saved.

Antidote Maker- Can target one person per night. That person is cured of any poison in their systems. Comes before the poison kill.

Lynchee- Told they are a civilian or miller, but if they are lynched while the Lyncher is alive, the Lyncher wins.

Governor– Can stop a lynching for anyone except themselves once per game.

Lie Detector- Chooses one post from a person every day and sends it to the Host to check if what is said is true.

Psychiatrist- Targets one person per day. If they target the Psycopath, the Psycopath becomes a townie.

Immobilizer- Can choose one person every other night to stop for the next day. This person can not do anything the next day. They may not PM others, vote, send in their special, or even post until they recieve a message from the host telling them they are unblocked. The immobilizer can't pick the same person twice in a row.

Priest- If lynched, the people are horrified and instead, lynch the first person to accuse the Priest. The Priest's role then becomes known to all. Can be killed at night.

Schizo- Can target someone each night. They randomly either kill, protect, or investigate them.

Inventor- Can create a list of items to hand out to whoever they want other than themselves. They will be given the list when given their role. May only use their role once every other round.

Bulletproof Vest- Can not be killed by assassination, unless targeted by the Serial Killer or Hitman.

Mute Soldier- Can protect, kill, and investigate all in the same night, but may never post or PM, except to vote.

Motivator- Upgrades one person's role every 2 nights. Upgrades very depending on the original role. Does not work on Mafia, Independants, or certain villagers.

Mayor- Can vote twice by PMing me their second vote.

Town Drunk- Is told they are the Mayor, but their two votes actually take one away from who they are voting for. (If they vote for two people, the second one takes a vote away.)

Bus Driver- Can switch the fates of two people. May not choose himself, and may not choose the person being lynched.

Politician- May steal one person's vote per day. They gain two votes instead of one.

Truth Serum- Can make one person speak nothing but the truth the next day. May use your ability once every 2 turns. May not target the same person twice.

Comparison Cop - Each night, you may select two players other than yourself who are currently alive. You will then be told if those two players are the same alignment or of different alignments. You are town aligned and win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Good brother- Brother or sister to a mafia member, knows who that mafia member is. If the bad brother dies, the good brother kills themself. Protection can't stop the suicide.

Citizen- A normal member of the community.

The Mafia

Godfather/Mother- Leader of the Mafia. He sends in the kill each day. If he for some reason does not, the kill order is as follows: Godfather/Mother, Lawyer, Mafia Doctor, Poisoner, Hitman, Fence, Goon. I will assign a Godfather/Mother to take over if the current one dies.

Janitor- Prevents the town from knowing the role of the mafia's kill. Janitor is not told.

Lawyer- Can tie someone up all night with legal issues role blocking them.

Mafia Doctor- Can heal one person per round. May only heal a Mafia member once every 2 rounds.

Poisoner– If sent as the Mafia’s Killer, the person targeted will die the next night. This person may not be saved. If the last mafia, may kill like normal.

Hitman– If sent as the Mafia’s killer, if the Doctor tried to save the target, there is a 50% chance they will still die..

Assassin- Can not be roleblocked.

Fence– Shows up as innocent in investigations.

Mafia Terrorist- During the night of your choice, you may choose to kill yourself to recruit someone to the Mafia. They keep their power. You win when the Mafia win, even if you are dead.

Mafia Usurper- You are told to the other Mafia that you are just a normal Mafia, but you are after a different goal. If the mafia win, you win. But if the Godfather is still alive, you lose. You have a more challenging goal. The mafia must win, AND the Godfather must die. When the Godfather dies, you become the Godfather. You must then survive. The rest of the mafia thinks you're just a goon. Serious props if you can pull this off.

Bad brother- Brother or sister to a villager, knows who they are. If the Good brother dies, the bad brother kills themself. Protection can't stop suicide.

Goon- A normal member of the Brotherhood.

Independents

Serial Killer- Can kill someone of their choice. Wins if they are the last one left. Appears Guilty after they have killed someone.

Avenger- If lynched, they can use their ability to kill one person of their choosing.

Psycopath- Like the Serial Killer but they only get 2 kills per game.

Cult Leader- The Cult Leader has the ability to recruit one person into the cult every other round. The new recruits keep their powers. If the CL tries to recruit a Mafia member, he is killed. If the Cult Leader is killed, the most powerful cultist in line (by my standards) becomes leader. If they are killed, the Cult is left leaderless. The Cult wins if they outnumber the Village AND have killed off all the mafia.

Mentor- Chooses one person in a day. This person becomes the Prodigy. If the Mentor is killed, the Prodigy commits suicide. If the Prodigy is killed, the Mentor chooses another Prodigy. If a Mentor has a Prodigy, he may kill one person a day. The Mentor may only have one Prodigy at a time. The Mentor and Prodigy win by outnumbering the Village and the Mafia. If the Mafia and Village both have one person each, the Mentor and Prodigy win, even if their is no current Prodigy. If the Mentor chooses the Serial Killer or a Mafia member, he is killed. Prodigy's lose their powers.

Jester- Wins if they are lynched. Has a specific post limit PMed to them when given their role.

Lyncher- Wins if the lynchee is lynched while he is still alive.

Traitor- The traitor knows who the Mafia is, but they don't know who he is. His goal is to win the game with the Mafia. He is not allowed to tell the Mafia who he is.

Fisherman- May fish for an item each night. Each item has a percentage chance to get it, but only one can be caught a night. If the fisherman catches an item, they may use it like a normal role. Each item may be used once, whenever they want. Multiple items can be held at the same time.

Secret Role- The player has an ability that changes every day. The ability is usually passive such as extra votes, always guilty, etc. They may even have strange abilities...

Dreaming God- Given a list of random words. Each of these words has a different effect, but the Dreaming God doesn't know what any of the words do. Each word works once, and he must use a word at least once every other round. What are the possible effects? Who knows. They may be game changing like you've never seen.... They may even alter game rules. If so, an edit to this page will be made as well as along with the KP. They also must speak the words publically in this thread.

Abductor- Every other night you can choose someone to ‘kidnap.’ They are taken out of the game but their role is not revealed. If you die, they come back to the game.

Hateful killer- At the beginning of the game, selects three people to get killed. Is told their exact role. Wins if all three die before he does.

Other

Accident Victim- Told they are a random no power role. At the end of the third night, they "awaken." This person is chosen randomly from the major roles but can not be an independant. So either the Village or Mafia will be missing a crucial player until the third night.

TL;DR
    In
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

/In. I've got nothing to do anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

Is it because of the holidays, or are you guys not interested in this? Its ok if we're still busy, I just need to know if I need to change the concept.

im interested and /in, just dont have time to send you roles i would like just yet
    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

The country with the world's longest official name

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    Is it because of the holidays, or are you guys not interested in this? Its ok if we're still busy, I just need to know if I need to change the concept.
    It's just that it takes time to read through the roles and choose some.

/In.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    It's just that it takes time to read through the roles and choose some.

/In.
    That's fine. Just needed to know where people are at.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

I'm probably in, but not committing until I know where I'll be next week.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

The same place you are now rok, quit fronting.
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

The same place you are now rok, quit fronting.
    What's fronting? I won't be same place as now, but if I'm home with no rellies I'm in. If I'm home with a couple of batches of rellies still there, I won't be much use.
    When will it start?

BTW, I've just had only my second round of cards against humanity. Big LOLs (specially with my evil BiL).

Maybe there should be a rule that everyone must choose both town and non-town roles?

Looks like everyone is tired of Valy :P
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

In. Sorry. As mentioned in another thread, life is currently intervening.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    Maybe there should be a rule that everyone must choose both town and non-town roles?
    No need. If someone seriously picks all mafia roles, then they're just gonna have to be upset if I can't do it. Common sense, or you may get shafted.

Seeing as this is taking quite a while, I'll host a Dethy in case some people are bored of waiting (me :P)
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

Should have stuck with election round. I don't know why you even had me put up a sign up thread for it now.

I think we have 6 already. 7 if you count roping in Montana. That's almost enough. I think we'll get more when the new year rolls around and people come back from holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    I think we have 6 already. 7 if you count roping in Montana. That's almost enough. I think we'll get more when the new year rolls around and people come back from holidays.
    I'm patiently waiting. If I dont get interest after the new year, I'll talk about taking it down.

Home now. In. Will send through roles in a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Home now. In. Will send through roles in a bit...
    No worries. I've only recieved two so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    No worries. I've only recieved two so far.
    In. .

Community Moderator Mod Deadpool's Avatar

In. Roles PM'd.

So is that five now?

Ive gotten 4 or 5 total. Its been up for 2 or 3 weeks, and so I'm going to say there's no interest. Someone elses turn to host.