Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Regicide Mafia (Game Thread)

Default Regicide Mafia (Game Thread)

First KP will be Sunday 18 December 2016 @ 9:30PM unless I have votes and roles by 9PM tonight (Saturday), in which case first KP can be tonight. <ROLES ARE OUT.>

I changed some of the rules. Please glance at Round Information for info. I changed some of the roles. Just a couple, and only a little, for balance. You may want to glance through. I also changed the names of the roles to change the round theme

Grandfather: When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father, and today, I'm gonna read it to you.
    Grandson: Does it got any sports in it?
    Grandfather: Are you kidding? Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, True Love, miracles....
    Grandson: Doesn't sound too bad. I'll try and stay awake.
    Grandfather: Oh. Well thank you very much. Very nice of you. Your vote of confidence is overwhelming. All right. 'The Princess Bride, by S. Morgenstern, Chapter One...'

Townsfolk ("town")

Wins when the Rebels are eliminated, Prince Humperdink is dead, and the Lovers have not achieved their objectives. If these objectives are achieved except that the Humperdink is still alive, Humperdink wins alone.

Prince Humperdink -- You cannot lynch the Prince! If the prince loses the vote for lynching, no one will be lynched that night. In addition, the Rebels cannot win as long as the Prince is standing. However, the Prince oppresses his own, too, and so the rest of the town may also not win as long as he is alive. ALSO, the Prince may track a player each night, finding out who they target.
    Miracle Max -- May protect a player each night. <Will not show in KP unless successful.>
    Valerie -- May protect a player each night, dying in their place if targeted. <Will show in KP only if successful.>
    Count Rugen -- May kill a player, but may do so only every other day. The old sword arm gets tired and needs rest every once in a while, eh?
    Weird Albino -- May identify players as either Townsfolk or Not Townsfolk. (Does not detect exact faction)
    Prince's Soldier -- No special role.

Rebels ("mafia")

Wins when they are the most numerous faction, but if Vizzini is alive at this point, he will win alone.

Vizzini -- Knows who the other Rebels are and sends in the Rebel kill each night. Once the rebels are the most numerous faction, he will win, alone. ALSO, has the power to select a player each night, starting night 2, and learn their exact role. (exact role investigate)
    Fezzik -- Bulletproof; if he is targetted by a killing role at night, he will survive.
    Inigo -- Watches; may find out who targetted a player that night.
    Old Booing Woman -- May prevent a player from using their role that night. This works on passive roles (such as bulletproof). Will not work against Vizzini.
    Acolyte -- No special role.

Special rules for the Rebels: Only Vizzini will know the identities of the other Rebels. He may also choose to send them messages by PMing the host. The Rebels may send one another messages by PMing the host.

Lovers ("cult")

Wins if they are the most numerous faction when the Rebels are eliminated.

Westley - May offer other players roles upon his pirate crew. Each night, he may select a player and select a role to offer (through the host). May be revived by Miracle Max the KP after he is killed once per game.
    Buttercup - (not a possible starting role) May ruin a player's day by drooling in their ear about true love. (Also blocks passive abilities)
    Dread Pirate Roberts - (not a possible starting role) May protect a player.

Special rules for the Lovers: If Westley tries to ask Vizzini or Humperdink to join, they will auto-decline. Westley will not know whether his offer was simply turned down, or whether he tried to recruit a one of these roles. MAX FACTION SIZE: 3 members.

Foreigners and Travelers ("indy")

Buttercup's Horse - Can only win by being recruited into the Lovers.
    Rat of Unusual Size - Wins with whoever wins, as long as the Lovers do not win.
    Torture Machine - May kill a player every other night. Wins if he is the last one standing. His presence will not prevent any other faction from winning on its own.

Confused? Perhaps this will help. (Perhaps not.)

Outcomes:
    Humperdink wins (alone) -- Rebels are eliminated, Humperdink is alive, and Town outnumbers Lovers.
    Town wins -- Humperdink is dead, Rebels are eliminated, and Town outnumbers Lovers.
    Lovers win -- Rebels are eliminated and Lovers outnumber Townsfolk.
    Rebels win -- Vizzini is dead and Rebels outnumber Townsfolk + Lovers + Foreigners and Humperdink is dead.
    Vizzini wins (alone) -- Rebels outnumber Townsfolk + Lovers + Foreigners and Humperdink is dead but Vizzini is alive.

Hopefully that makes clear what each player is supposed to do to win. (Who has to die and who can live!)

Round Information
    > Vote/Role deadline: 9PM EST
    > Open comms. (PM anyone -- the content of PMs may not be posted in thread, although you may say "so and so said such and such," which they are, of course, free to deny.)
    > 3/4 hammer rule -- if 3/4 of players have voted for one person, the vote phase will end and that person will be lynched.
    > No hard roleclaiming. (You may not directly claim your role. You are, of course, allowed to hint as hard as you'd like, and soft claim as hard as you'd like.)
    > Bold your votes, and NAME YOUR UNVOTES. (If you unvote, you must post "Unvote: <name of person you are unvoting>", or I will not count the unvote.)
    > Play to win. (If you're voting consistently for people just cause you don't like them, that's not playing to win. At least come up with a relevant, Mafia reason for your vote, unless of course it's RVS.)
    > No Lynch is allowed.
    > The dead may haunt the thread, but please do not try to influence the outcome of the round.
    > If you edit a post, I will count it as a vote against you. Don't edit your posts. Just double post.
    > Further information for new players is available in this spoiler.

Standard abbreviations / lingo:
    "EBWOP" = "edit by way of post" -- you can lead off a double post like this since you can't edit your first.
    "LYLO" = "Lynch or Lose" -- refers to the point in the game where the town must lynch a mafia member or loses the game.
    "NL" = "No Lynch"
    "KP" = Kill Post; host post that moves the game along to the next day.
    "RVS" = "Random voting stage" ie. when someone has to get lynched, but there isn't really any reason to pick any player over any other player.
    "Scum" = "mafia." Saying "so and so seems scummy" is "so and so sounds like they're mafia."
    "VI" = "village idiot"; a derogatory term for someone who is probably town, but doesn't seem to understand the consequences of the things they say in thread, often to the detriment of fellow townies.

Last edited by The Burninator; 12-22-2016 at 01:57 AM.
    "The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice... It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, and the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one. No matter the blood. No matter the skin. No matter the world. No matter the star. We are one. No matter the pain. No matter the darkness. No matter the loss. No matter the fear. We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognise this singular truth and this singular rule: that we must be kind to one another. Because, each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one." ~G'kar

Players: (7/14)
    Eric -- was Inigo Montoya.
    Montana -- was Weird Albino.
    Kerzi
    Scarecrow
    Luisss -- Is Westley. <Revived KP2.>
    Deadpool
    Carni
    Valy -- was a Prince's Soldier.
    Rokchik -- was Count Rugen.
    Blaze -- was Rat of Unusual Size.
    Sapient
    Mouse-Keyboard
    Promtor -- was a Prince's Soldier.
    Flossie -- was Fezzik / Old Booing Woman.

KPs/important hostposts:
    KP One
    KP Two
    Host Replacement
    KP III
    KP IV
    KP V
    Last edited by The Burninator; 12-23-2016 at 01:18 AM.
    "The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice... It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, and the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one. No matter the blood. No matter the skin. No matter the world. No matter the star. We are one. No matter the pain. No matter the darkness. No matter the loss. No matter the fear. We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognise this singular truth and this singular rule: that we must be kind to one another. Because, each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one." ~G'kar

Vote: Stokem
    Reason: Why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rasputin View Post
    Reason: Why not?
    Because that is a bad thing, punishable by up to 3 hours of disdain from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

Players: (10/14)
    Eric - Inigo Montoya.
    Montana
    Kerzi
    Scarecrow
    Luisss - Is Westley. <Revived KP2.>
    Deadpool
    Carni
    Valy - Prince's Soldier.
    Rokchik - Count Rugen.

Blaze
    Sapient
    Mouse-Keyboard
    Promtor
    Flossie - Fezzik/Old Booing Lady
    Last edited by Valynor; 12-21-2016 at 02:14 AM.

Vote: No Lynch

reason: math
    US1 - Redemption. US2 - Luisss.

"Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    Reason: I got nothing to lose this game. Bring it on.
    vote: Valy

Vote: No lynch

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Community Moderator Mod Deadpool's Avatar

Because someone said Math

We started already?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    I'm not very bright.

Because that is a bad thing, punishable by up to 3 hours of disdain from me.
    Hmmm that is quite the incentive.

vote: stokem
    reason: I want some disdain

mb tell me, if after three hours I unvote you and then vote for you again.....can I get three more hours of disdain?
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Only three hours? You call that disdain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Only three hours? You call that disdain?
    He's obviously not trained in womanly arts then.
    I'm not very bright.

As tempting as the threat of disdain may be:

Leader of KoN (S5), TLDRDTX (S3), CIN and PaN (2016 tournie)
    NI!

vote No lynch.
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

[B] Vote [B] Blazin
    Cos it mah thang.

I see this round might require a bit more concentration than I've been applying lately. Luckily I'm home and have a bit more time.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Or lets try
    Vote: Blazin
    Cos it mah thang.

I see this round might require a bit more concentration than I've been applying lately. Luckily I'm home and have a bit more time.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

The country with the world's longest official name

Vote: Luisss
    Reason:
    Not explaining the maths

right... i'd go with math too
    vote: no lynch

As I do not have all roles and votes, there will be no KP tonight, and the first KP will be tomorrow night at this time. Your roles and votes are all due by 9PM tomorrow.

Official Vote Count (Votes needed for a hammer: 10)
    Montana: 2 (Valy, Eric)
    No Lynch: 6 (Blaze, Luisss, promter, SC, Deadpool, Kerzi)
    Valy: 1 (Montana)
    Blaze: 1 (Rok)
    Luisss: 1 (MK)
    Last edited by The Burninator; 12-18-2016 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    As I do not have all roles and votes, there will be no KP tonight, and the first KP will be tomorrow night at this time. Your roles and votes are all due by 9PM tomorrow.

No Lynch: 5 (Luisss, promter, SC, Deadpool, Kerzi)
    Fine:

Reason: Bandwagon effect
    I'm not very bright.

No Lynch: 5 (Luisss, promter, SC, Deadpool, Kerzi)
    Where's my vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    Where's my vote?
    My bad/fix'd.

I voted as well.

No Lynch: 6 (Blaze, Luisss, promter, SC, Deadpool, Kerzi)
    Luisss: 1 (MK)
    You have your hammer.
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

No no, a hammer occurs when 75% of the possible votes are on the same person. As in NL would need 10 votes. Not 10 votes total.

I don't wish to interfere further though -- carry on.

No no, a hammer occurs when 75% of the possible votes are on the same person. As in NL would need 10 votes. Not 10 votes total.

I don't wish to interfere further though -- carry on.
    Unvote: Stokem.

Just so you all know, I'm a very powerful role this round, so bring it mafs.

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    Unvote: Stokem.

Just so you all know, I'm a very powerful role this round, so bring it mafs.
    hoping to kill two ppl in the night?

Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

Quote Originally Posted by promter View Post
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by promter View Post
    I planned on killing all of you n1

hmmmm still no consensus? can we double vote for NL?

The disdain is killing us all!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

You sound like toucan
    I'm not very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    You sound like toucan
    Not whiny or creepy enough for that.

What's the count?

No lynch - lots
    Other people - not many

Has every one voted or do we appear to have an inactive?

No idea. It definitely couldn't be that Burn missed a vote.

Well, Burn did say he needed at least 10 votes, if he's going to lynch someone. So, I assume if you see that 1 target has not accumulated 10 votes by the KP time, the game will be extended again?
    Aw, you shouldn't have.