Thread: S19 Travian:RoA Pushing Protection Issue

Default S19 Travian:RoA Pushing Protection Issue

Dear players,

In the upcoming release we have fixed a bug in the new pushing protection of ‘Rise of Alliances’ that caused accounts with no connection to your account to be excluded.

This was never intended for RoA servers and was fixed as follows:

- of each village you can now rob/trade max. 20% of its daily production

Additional information:

The amount of resources that can be sent per village will be reset once a day, at the same time as the daily quests. The daily production is also updated at that time.

The pushing protection is based on the daily production of a village. Please keep in mind that you now may get an error message when trying to send resources from one village, while you may still be able to send resources from a different village.
    Therefore, we strongly recommend thinking about your current strategy before the next RoA update, as otherwise you might no longer be able to feed your troops just by raiding.

This effects US S19 only

Regards,

Your Travian: Legends Team

UPDATE:

HQ have announced that those with CT1 (IE not connected by alliance, sitter or same ip/pc) will not be affected.

So raiding another village (Connection Type 1 - no connection) will mean you will continue to be able to raid as much as you can carry.

In simple terms the announced change has been cancelled and you can continue playing as you currently are.

To put this HQ announcement into simple terms

Current: You can raid as much as you can carry from any other village

New: You will only be able to raid a maximum of 20% of the targets villages daily production

You are going to lose the biggest/most active players with this change.. you know, the ones the spend the most money on gold and run accounts 24/7.

RIP this ruleset.

[edit] If this change goes into effect before a server restart you are going to make some people VERY unhappy changing in the middle of a round.
    Last edited by Anaethema; 11-29-2016 at 06:55 PM.

Yay, the end to spam raiding! I look forward to my increased raid income .

S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

That's a huge change to do in the middle of a game.
    Basically you are telling players you are not allowed to have huge raiding squad.
    That's not cool TG.

A change like this should have been made at the start of the round.

Thats Kinda disappointing.

Somehow, I don't think it's going to be nearly as big of a change as you think. I'm fairly sure most villages have more than five people raiding them anyhow. Considering the number one intra-alliance tension I have seen over the years is from conflicts over farm sharing, I'll be glad to seen that gone forever.
    One question: Does this apply to Natar villages or unoccupied oases? I assume not, but would like to see that clarified.

S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Hey Folks, Thanks for your feedback (Both positive and negitive), I have sent it to HQ as part of my weekly report.

The official line on this change is: This feature was always intended for RoA and the fact it was not working as intended from the start was a bug, we have now fixed that bug.

My personal view is that the idea is an interesting one that could ease some tensions ingame over farms etc as Tineren said (and i have asked the question about the natars, awaiting response from HQ) but i also agree with those who think the timing for making this change is wrong. I think almost all the CM's will be sending very simlar feedback this week.

Please keep the feedback coming.

-New Users-

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Anaethema View Post
    You are going to lose the biggest/most active players with this change.. you know, the ones the spend the most money on gold and run accounts 24/7.

RIP this ruleset.

[edit] If this change goes into effect before a server restart you are going to make some people VERY unhappy changing in the middle of a round.
    Yep this is a terrible idea and will push many heavy players away. Absolutely. A lightly populated world on top of that.

Travian is essentially about attacking other people. Without proper resource compensation, and the ability to keep hammer forces alive with raid resources, attacking becomes secondary to simming.

If this "Bug Fix" has the goal of downsizing raiding on a server, then an immediate decline in top raiding accounts can be expected. I've already fielded many complaints and concerns from hammer players in my alliance talking about suiciding hammers rather than see them starve.

I've also fielded several questions on the Actual function of this change, most notably:

1. Does this change apply to All raids?
    2. Does this change only apply to raiding allies or sittees?
    3. Is the intent of this change to curb raiding?

My main concern about this change is that it:
    A. Was not made known to potential players prior to the start of the server.
    B. Is being initiated half-way through the server.

This issue aside, I've played Travian for a very long time, and this is by far my favorite version. Every aspect of this version is enjoyable and refreshing. But, neutering the raiding could be a buzz kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxCal View Post
    You (should) never wear black socks with Bermuda shorts after Labor Day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritterbruder
    I came into these forums a happy go-lucky kid skipping down the street... But the flames have changed me. My once boyish charm has been replaced with contempt for poor posts and my smooth, silky face is scarred from many a propaganda war. The world is a dark place now, and I seek to bring light to this Hell.
    us3r4--Sigma(GOB)
    us3r2--Sigma(AFO)
    us3r3--Sigma(SI)
    us8--Sigma/Woe(TNT)
    "Strength and Honor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Finger View Post

^Bingo...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

On another thing, some players have spent tons of gold merging troops into one village, while if this change was implemented from the beginning, that wouldn't have happened.

This change makes raiding players have raiding troops in many villages than focusing on couple.
    I could have saved atleast 1000 gold from merging troops, and would have farm lists from 5-6 villas(which is more interesting)

This change is great, helps a lot, makes the server fun for many players, but its late.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Finger View Post
    Travian is essentially about attacking other people. Without proper resource compensation, and the ability to keep hammer forces alive with raid resources, attacking becomes secondary to simming.

If this "Bug Fix" has the goal of downsizing raiding on a server, then an immediate decline in top raiding accounts can be expected. I've already fielded many complaints and concerns from hammer players in my alliance talking about suiciding hammers rather than see them starve.

I've also fielded several questions on the Actual function of this change, most notably:

1. Does this change apply to All raids?
    2. Does this change only apply to raiding allies or sittees?
    3. Is the intent of this change to curb raiding?

A. Was not made known to potential players prior to the start of the server.

This issue aside, I've played Travian for a very long time, and this is by far my favorite version. Every aspect of this version is enjoyable and refreshing. But, neutering the raiding could be a buzz kill.
    I completely agree. As you can imagine many of the CM/CSR team raised these exact points in the HQ chat and there was long discussion. As it stands this will still be rolled out with Walrus 42.

This change affects ALL Raids/Trades with other villages

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    Does this apply to Natar villages or unoccupied oases? I assume not, but would like to see that clarified.
    The new 20% rule DOES also apply to Natar and unoccupied oasis

Next question: would it be possible for resource scout reports to show how many resources we'll be allowed to steal? That's an important number to know when deciding whether or not to clear a potential farm.
    It's the one off hits I'm more concerned about rather than farmlists. I suspect the most I'm going to be able to pick up from most villages is ~20k total from a non cap, which is tiny compared to the current amounts when you find overflowing level 20 storage buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by m.hudson View Post
    The new 20% rule DOES also apply to Natar and unoccupied oasis
    That is lame.

UPDATE:

HQ have announced that those with CT1 (IE not connected by alliance, sitter or same ip/pc) will not be affected.

So raiding another village (Connection Type 1 - no connection) will mean you will continue to be able to raid as much as you can carry.

In simple terms the announced change has been cancelled and you can continue playing as you currently are.

Awesome! Thank You!
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxCal View Post
    You (should) never wear black socks with Bermuda shorts after Labor Day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritterbruder
    I came into these forums a happy go-lucky kid skipping down the street... But the flames have changed me. My once boyish charm has been replaced with contempt for poor posts and my smooth, silky face is scarred from many a propaganda war. The world is a dark place now, and I seek to bring light to this Hell.
    us3r4--Sigma(GOB)
    us3r2--Sigma(AFO)
    us3r3--Sigma(SI)
    us8--Sigma/Woe(TNT)
    "Strength and Honor!"