Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: District Mafia

The country with the world's longest official name

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    You know, when I revealed I was chief physician to Deadpool and Eric, the two people in my district, I was pretty sure on MK and thought there was only one more mafia. I figured it was decent odds it wasnt one of them. It was both of them lmao.
    The bet part of that was that Eric told me not to kill you night 2 because you were going to reveal the other member of the district; I had to remind him that it was Deadpool.

Also, Kerzi never had a correct result - she investigated me night 1, Valynor night 2 and died night 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    The bet part of that was that Eric told me not to kill you night 2 because you were going to reveal the other member of the district; I had to remind him that it was Deadpool.

Also, Kerzi never had a correct result - she investigated me night 1, Valynor night 2 and died night 3.
    I was never going to reveal the other person. I just wanted to see their reactions, and I could have functioned as a go between had it worked. I risked myself, but I wasn't about to put my other member on the line. It's too bad too, cuz I feel like Eric was super obvious at the end. He wasn't killed after claiming coroner, he was so confident Slipp was village and then turned on that at the drop of a hat etc. And we should really kill Deadpool on principle with how often the mafia card gets drawn there.

And we should really kill Deadpool on principle with how often the mafia card gets drawn there.
    Also, he posted this without explaining what the advantage was or how to counter it:

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Deadpool View Post
    I have hosted a round with the same setup before, thanks to Scare, (different domain though) and I think this is a pretty good idea. There are few drawbacks of this setup that he will soon realize, but if we did this, it should make up for most of it and prevent the game from tilting in Mafia's favor.
    Last edited by Mouse-Keyboard; 12-01-2016 at 08:23 AM.

I was never going to reveal the other person. I just wanted to see their reactions, and I could have functioned as a go between had it worked. I risked myself, but I wasn't about to put my other member on the line. It's too bad too, cuz I feel like Eric was super obvious at the end. He wasn't killed after claiming coroner, he was so confident Slipp was village and then turned on that at the drop of a hat etc. And we should really kill Deadpool on principle with how often the mafia card gets drawn there.
    The worst mistake I made was that I made a post saying that "We are in LYLO" ... Everyone had a doubt whether 2 or 3 mafia were involved and I told that ... I was really surprised when Luisss and Slip didnt catch on ... Had they voted for me, this would have been extended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

Actually, it was effectively confirmed that there were three mafia already. After all, would I have pointed out there might only be two if there actually were?
    Last edited by Mouse-Keyboard; 12-01-2016 at 01:00 PM.

Stupid random.org. I was dead before we started :d I spent that entire game praying the Chief was Gebne, to explain why I had not been contacted. Knew, with my luck, that it was probably mafia though. Knew the CPR doc was probably mafia too...that wasn't a save first night, that was an attempt to kill Valy. It got switched to me, though, and the 25% chance didn't go through.

And yeah, I got two innocent results. I still suspected you, MK, but not much I could do about that without time. Eric was my target the night I was killed, so good timing there on mafia's part.

I'll say it again: stupid random.org
    Leader of KoN (S5), TLDRDTX (S3), CIN and PaN (2016 tournie)
    NI!

I can't decide between Eric, Rokchick and Blazin.

I already asked Eric and Rok about their suspicious posts, and I'm not sure about Blazin because of his attacks on Eric without voting for him until I pointed it out, and the lynch looked very likely to be for Eric.
    After the way Eric was acting when I called him out over no lynch, then this from MK I thought it was a no brainer on these two, although I did think Valy was the third. I know longer think I suck at mafia, but I'm convinced some of you do.
    Last edited by The Blazin1; 12-01-2016 at 11:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerzi View Post
    Stupid random.org. I was dead before we started :d I spent that entire game praying the Chief was Gebne, to explain why I had not been contacted. Knew, with my luck, that it was probably mafia though. Knew the CPR doc was probably mafia too...that wasn't a save first night, that was an attempt to kill Valy. It got switched to me, though, and the 25% chance didn't go through.

And yeah, I got two innocent results. I still suspected you, MK, but not much I could do about that without time. Eric was my target the night I was killed, so good timing there on mafia's part.

I was going to kill you on the first night because you're annoyingly good at Mafia but Mk overruled it saying it could help to know who you investigated. And was a really good decision.
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

Community Moderator Mod Deadpool's Avatar

And we should really kill Deadpool on principle with how often the mafia card gets drawn there.

I almost thought we'd lose because with every post Eric made, he was getting closer to being lynched. What worked in our favor was Gebne's inactivity and the fact that Luisss did not refute most of what I said, which saved me the trouble of trying to convince him.

Also, he posted this without explaining what the advantage was or how to counter it:
    I did not explain simply because I did not remember what that was.

Considering how mafia favoured I thought the round ended up being due to the random.org allocation of roles, I'm surprised it ended as even as it did.
    I'm happy with the round overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

It was a fun round. Thank you for hosting it
    NI!

Rok and Slip, why did you vote for Blazin?

It is because I lost all control that I was able to keep all the attention on me and have Deadpool in the clear ... gebne's inactivity was a huge help in that strategy because even if I got lynched Deadpool would not be in danger as Luisss would have also died that night... It was a win for us the moment I defended myself and Luisss and Slip never voted.
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

I did vote for you Eric, right after the KP. It is slip and gebne who never voted. Had they done so, we would have had at least one extra night. Oh well! GG!
    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    I did vote for you Eric, right after the KP. It is slip and gebne who never voted. Had they done so, we would have had at least one extra night. Oh well! GG!
    As I said to Eric, on the last day you could have known that there were three mafia (whether that may have helped or not I don't know, I pointed out there could be two to try to make you complacent - I think it may have worked).

Quote Originally Posted by Kerzi View Post

I couldn't bring myself to let us kill Eric knowing he was the coroner. It was just too important a role.

It was a nasty idea keeping someone as the Coroner the Mafia ... Way to piss off townies :P
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

I couldn't bring myself to let us kill Eric knowing he was the coroner. It was just too important a role.
    Yeah, I know
    Last edited by Kerzi; 12-01-2016 at 07:18 PM.
    NI!

Rok and Slip, why did you vote for Blazin?
    Both lack impulse control and couldn't put their team above personal feelings. Sad really.
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Both lack impulse control and couldn't put their team above personal feelings. Sad really.

Ha, just like killing me first.

When are your sign ups being posted?

When are your sign ups being posted?
    Wait, what? I'm hosting?

Wait, what? I'm hosting?
    I may have confused you with someone else (or because you were going to be hosting a few weeks ago and I forgot you had already hosted that round).

I may have confused you with someone else (or because you were going to be hosting a few weeks ago and I forgot you had already hosted that round).
    You may have gotten that from Blazin and I having a similar idea, but I hadn't signed up. I can always host, but it sounds like you guys have plans.

Ummm... And how exactly did you contribute to the "team" ?
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rasputin View Post
    He killed the bus driver and almost killed the doctor. That contributed to the team. Not his team, but still, a team.

Lol.. Yeah ... Bus Driver could have been a huge pain for us ... We have to thank Blazin for that ... Although I dont remember him being useful this round ... Just a suspicion on me and nothing else...
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

you were being your usual useless or scummy self. It's hard to tell really
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

I pulled you out into the open night one.

It's funny you guys act like you wouldn't have used the role had you gotten it. I chose Foley because he was a replacement instead of targeting someone I dislike, like rok or slip. But you guys have at it.
    Last edited by The Blazin1; 12-02-2016 at 11:30 AM.

I pulled you out into the open night one.
    Looks like it didn't work out well now did it? But then again, my role saved me I guess.
    Last edited by Eric Rasputin; 12-02-2016 at 02:56 PM.
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

Community Moderator Mod Deadpool's Avatar

It's funny you guys act like you wouldn't have used the role had you gotten it. I chose Foley because he was a replacement instead of targeting someone I dislike, like rok or slip. But you guys have at it.
    That does make sense, and that is what I thought had happened when I saw Foley was killed.
    But, the vigilante usually ends up killing more town than mafia if used recklessly. Most would prefer to watch for a couple of nights and only then do they kill someone.

Looks like it didn't work out well now did it?
    It worked perfectly, I can't control how people vote though.

It worked perfectly, I can't control how people vote though.
    Or how they don't vote, which ended up being our demise this time .
    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

And I definitely don't want to see it when it's done.