Mafia is a game of logic and deceit where 3 opposing teams; the Villagers, independents and mafia all try to kill each other off. The mafia are killers whose goal is to take over the town by outnumbering the Villagers, by placing votes for lynches and killing off a member each night.
The Rules for the Game:
1. --- Mafia is divided into rounds, or ‘days.’ Each round lasts for 24 hours and will begin/end at 9:00 EST. The KP should come at ROUGHLY 10:00 EST. The reason I say roughly is because I will have detailed KP's to help further the story. And yes, for those of you who don't care, there will be a summary at the bottom.
2. --- In that amount of time, the players of the game decide who as a group they want to Lynch by voting. To vote, you must state that it is a vote, and make the vote Bold. The player who receives the most votes will be killed at the end of that day, unless he is saved. Players MAY vote No Lynch.
3. ---The Mafia has the power to kill a player once each day by messaging me, the host, the players name. That player will die unless they are saved. The Mafia also must tell me which of their players they will send to do the job. Any member of the mafia may send in the kill, but I will only take the kill from the highest ranking member.
4. ---Most players have a special power that they can use once per day. Within that day, the player must message me how they are going to use their power, even if it is to abstain from using it.
5. ---Specials are made void if they are killed before getting the chance to use it.
6. ---If you wish to show suspicion for someone, but do not want to vote for them, use the same format as if you were to vote, but instead, call it a FoS (Finger of Suspicion.) I will keep track of all FoS and votes. I will post a vote count at 10:00 EST so I can be corrected if wrong.
7. ---Betraying your group, or otherwise not "playing to win" (such as voting for yourselves) is taboo. If I catch you doing so, you will be permanently blacklisted from my games, no exceptions. Even if things seem hopeless, or you dislike your teammates, keep trying; if you give up (or worse, betray your team), you ruin the fun for everyone.
9. ---The dead may not talk ever. Not even one post after they are dead or I will ask a mod to delete it. The. Dead. May. Not. Talk.
10.--- I am omnipotent. I can do whatever I want. So suck it.
Rules and Requirements
1. Once the game has started, keep the spamming to a moderate amount. I'll give you a warning if I think you are spamming too much. You get two warnings, and after that I will kill you.
2. Stay active on the thread. Inactives get auto-killed. And I'm strict on this as you know if you've played previous rounds of mine. After 3 days you will get auto-killed. All you have to do to be active is post or PM me. You don't have to vote. There ARE exceptions to this rule. If I know someone should be active (say, Hidden Sage for example) then I will likely turn the other cheek for an extra day or two as I know sometimes you have problems getting access to a computer. You may also let me know in advance. Just do me a favor. If you aren't going to be available for longer than 4 days, don't sign up.
4. Voting is done publicly.
4-1. Abstaining is, of course, allowed, and you can vote for a "no lynch" as well.
4-2. As of now, you may change your votes as much as you like, but if it becomes an issue, a rule disabling changing votes will be made.
5. Posting private messages is NOT allowed. It is a game of deceit and intellect, after all. It’s up to the players to decide who to believe.
6. No screen shots can be posted or sent to other players! If somebody sends you one, please report it to me and they will be auto-killed. Thank you.
7. You MAY ROLE-CLAIM PUBLICALLY.
8. Investigations will be PMed at the KP, so as to allow roleblockers the chance to block them.
9. Don't challenge me. I don't put up with it. I'm a nice person, but if you get out of line, I will report you to a mod. I've done it before. Don't test me on this one.
10. I reserve the right to refuse someones application to join the game. I most likely will not do this, but there are certain people who are not allowed to join because they are inactive every time they sign up.
11. There will likely be enough roles for everyone to have one, unless there are too many people and it would become complicated.
12. The game is meant to be fun, and while there are a lot of rules, just remember, I'm a laid back host. I like to have fun, and I want you to have fun. The rules are mainly here to explain what you can and can't do, and they aren't sugarcoated. Many of them I am very relaxed with.
ORDER OF ROLES
Ties between factions are solved by my dart board.
The Schizo's place in the order is determined by what happens. Saves and roleblocks go in the same spot on the board, while kills go with the Mafia/vigil/sk kill.
How to Win
* The villagers win when all mafia and independents are dead.
* The mafia win when they outnumber the villagers and independents.
* The independents win when they are the last ones standing.
* Note: If all the mafia are dead, the village still has to get rid of the independents. From experience I've learned that killing off all the villagers while still outnumber the mafia is not an easy thing to do.