Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Valy's Mafia 47 or something Round Game Thread

Default Valy's Mafia 47 or something Round Game Thread

Game basics:

Mafia is a game of logic and deceit where 3 opposing teams; the Villagers, independents and mafia all try to kill each other off. The mafia are killers whose goal is to take over the town by outnumbering the Villagers, by placing votes for lynches and killing off a member each night.

The Rules for the Game:

1. --- Mafia is divided into rounds, or ‘days.’ Each round lasts for 24 hours and will begin/end at 9:00 EST. The KP should come at ROUGHLY 10:00 EST. The reason I say roughly is because I will have detailed KP's to help further the story. And yes, for those of you who don't care, there will be a summary at the bottom.

2. --- In that amount of time, the players of the game decide who as a group they want to Lynch by voting. To vote, you must state that it is a vote, and make the vote Bold. The player who receives the most votes will be killed at the end of that day, unless he is saved. Players MAY vote No Lynch.

3. ---The Mafia has the power to kill a player once each day by messaging me, the host, the players name. That player will die unless they are saved. The Mafia also must tell me which of their players they will send to do the job. Any member of the mafia may send in the kill, but I will only take the kill from the highest ranking member.

4. ---Most players have a special power that they can use once per day. Within that day, the player must message me how they are going to use their power, even if it is to abstain from using it.

5. ---Specials are made void if they are killed before getting the chance to use it.

6. ---If you wish to show suspicion for someone, but do not want to vote for them, use the same format as if you were to vote, but instead, call it a FoS (Finger of Suspicion.) I will keep track of all FoS and votes. I will post a vote count at 10:00 EST so I can be corrected if wrong.

7. ---Betraying your group, or otherwise not "playing to win" (such as voting for yourselves) is taboo. If I catch you doing so, you will be permanently blacklisted from my games, no exceptions. Even if things seem hopeless, or you dislike your teammates, keep trying; if you give up (or worse, betray your team), you ruin the fun for everyone.

9. ---The dead may not talk ever. Not even one post after they are dead or I will ask a mod to delete it. The. Dead. May. Not. Talk.

10.--- I am omnipotent. I can do whatever I want. So suck it.

Rules and Requirements

1. Once the game has started, keep the spamming to a moderate amount. I'll give you a warning if I think you are spamming too much. You get two warnings, and after that I will kill you.
    2. Stay active on the thread. Inactives get auto-killed. And I'm strict on this as you know if you've played previous rounds of mine. After 3 days you will get auto-killed. All you have to do to be active is post or PM me. You don't have to vote. There ARE exceptions to this rule. If I know someone should be active (say, Hidden Sage for example) then I will likely turn the other cheek for an extra day or two as I know sometimes you have problems getting access to a computer. You may also let me know in advance. Just do me a favor. If you aren't going to be available for longer than 4 days, don't sign up.
    4. Voting is done publicly.
    4-1. Abstaining is, of course, allowed, and you can vote for a "no lynch" as well.
    4-2. As of now, you may change your votes as much as you like, but if it becomes an issue, a rule disabling changing votes will be made.
    5. Posting private messages is NOT allowed. It is a game of deceit and intellect, after all. It’s up to the players to decide who to believe.
    6. No screen shots can be posted or sent to other players! If somebody sends you one, please report it to me and they will be auto-killed. Thank you.
    7. You MAY ROLE-CLAIM PUBLICALLY.
    8. Investigations will be PMed at the KP, so as to allow roleblockers the chance to block them.
    9. Don't challenge me. I don't put up with it. I'm a nice person, but if you get out of line, I will report you to a mod. I've done it before. Don't test me on this one.
    10. I reserve the right to refuse someones application to join the game. I most likely will not do this, but there are certain people who are not allowed to join because they are inactive every time they sign up.
    11. There will likely be enough roles for everyone to have one, unless there are too many people and it would become complicated.
    12. The game is meant to be fun, and while there are a lot of rules, just remember, I'm a laid back host. I like to have fun, and I want you to have fun. The rules are mainly here to explain what you can and can't do, and they aren't sugarcoated. Many of them I am very relaxed with.

ORDER OF ROLES
    Ties between factions are solved by my dart board.
    Roleblocks
    Governor
    Investigations
    Saves
    Bodyguards
    Mafia/Vigil/SK

The Schizo's place in the order is determined by what happens. Saves and roleblocks go in the same spot on the board, while kills go with the Mafia/vigil/sk kill.

How to Win

* The villagers win when all mafia and independents are dead.
    * The mafia win when they outnumber the villagers and independents.
    * The independents win when they are the last ones standing.
    * Note: If all the mafia are dead, the village still has to get rid of the independents. From experience I've learned that killing off all the villagers while still outnumber the mafia is not an easy thing to do.
    Last edited by Valynor; 11-16-2016 at 01:35 AM.

The main difference for this game is that you may role claim. Another rule change though: Town may not vote for those they think are town.

One of these setups is used in this game:

2 mafia, 2 sheriffs, 1 doctor, 6 townies.
    2 mafia, 1 sheriff, 1 doctor, 7 townies.
    3 mafia, 1 sheriff, 2 doctors, 5 townies.
    3 mafia, 2 sheriffs, 2 doctors, 4 townies.

Any mafia not the godfather is a mere goon.

Note: I rolled a d4 to determine which of these was used. Roles will be out soon. When you have yours, the game has started.

Doctor saves will not show in the KP unless they actually save someone.

Player List (7/11):

Mouse Keyboard - Vanilla Townie
    Burninator
    Luisss
    Kerzi - Sheriff
    Carni - Vanilla Townie
    Scarecrow
    Stokem
    Eric
    Flossie
    Blazin
    Rok - Vanilla Townie
    Last edited by Valynor; 11-18-2016 at 03:18 AM.

What constitutes as "those they think are town"?
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

What constitutes as "those they think are town"?
    On this forum, we have a good habit of trying to play socially rather than what is statistically best. I love that, and I dont want to see open role claims get in the way. So if two people claim something, and you suspect one is lying, I want you guys to figure it out instead of just lynching both.

I don't think it'll be a problem or I'd address it more head on, and I can explain further what I meant after the game. But with that, all roles are out.

Let the games begin.

Valy can I get a player list?
    "The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice... It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, and the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one. No matter the blood. No matter the skin. No matter the world. No matter the star. We are one. No matter the pain. No matter the darkness. No matter the loss. No matter the fear. We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognise this singular truth and this singular rule: that we must be kind to one another. Because, each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one." ~G'kar

vote: Burn
    Wants a list so he knows who to kill

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    Valy can I get a player list?
    Done. I always forget that one.

Vote: Burn
    Reason: Stokem is life
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

vote burn, because no lynch sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

*Sigh.*

I was wondering when the N1 piles on Burn that were so popular with the ladies in maff rounds past would recur.

For the record, Stokem, you need a player list on rounds this small to make sure you know who's inactive and to do process of elimination to figure out who's maff without having to swap in between this and the signup thread.

Vote: Montana
    Reason: Possibly the only person less popular than myself. Could win this 1v1.
    "The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice... It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, and the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one. No matter the blood. No matter the skin. No matter the world. No matter the star. We are one. No matter the pain. No matter the darkness. No matter the loss. No matter the fear. We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognise this singular truth and this singular rule: that we must be kind to one another. Because, each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one." ~G'kar

The country with the world's longest official name

Vote: Valynor
    Reason:
    Definitely not town.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    Vote: Valynor
    Reason:
    Definitely not town.
    Vote count:
    12 votes for MK.

*Sigh.*

I was wondering when the N1 piles on Burn that were so popular with the ladies in maff rounds past would recur.

For the record, Stokem, you need a player list on rounds this small to make sure you know who's inactive and to do process of elimination to figure out who's maff without having to swap in between this and the signup thread.

Vote: Montana
    Reason: Possibly the only person less popular than myself. Could win this 1v1.
    Likely story

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Vote: Blazin

Obviously maf. Train rider extraordinaire!
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Vote: Mk
    Make it 13 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Burn is boring

Unvote: Burn
    Vote: Luisss
    Reason: His inactivity
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

Unvote: Montana
    Vote: Blaze
    Reason: I actually want to win this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rasputin View Post
    Burn is boring

Unvote: Burn
    Vote: Luisss
    Reason: His inactivity
    Everyone has to sleep sometime .

Unfortunately, I will be my boring self and go NL this time, as we all should.

Vote: No Lynch

Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    Everyone has to sleep sometime .

Unfortunately, I will be my boring self and go NL this time, as we all should.

Where's the fun in that ?
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

Vote: No lynch

'cause I'm also boring.
    Leader of KoN (S5), TLDRDTX (S3), CIN and PaN (2016 tournie)
    NI!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerzi View Post

'cause I'm also boring.
    Hmm... Suspicious ... I would like to change my vote but God will get angry and remove that privilege ;(
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

I don't know why this makes me boring though
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

Quote Originally Posted by Kerzi View Post

'cause I'm also boring.
    Kerzi liez

My patented 100% correct never fail mafia analysis will come out later this afternoon.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Guys NL is pointless. Doesn't buy us a day. Rando lynch is optimal play.

With NL:
    11 - 10 - 8 - 6 - 4 (loss after four KPs)

With accidental mislynch N1
    11 - 9 - 7 - 5 - 3 (loss after four KPs)

So there's no cost.

Umm jeff, what if they have 3 maf?

What makes you think there is two? We have ourselves a mafia member here guys ... With approval of Valy ... Can I please change my vote to Stokem one last time ... Please ....
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rasputin View Post
    What makes you think there is two? We have ourselves a mafia member here guys ... With approval of Valy ... Can I please change my vote to Stokem one last time ... Please ....
    ....what? How did you get I think there are two from me asking what if there's 3? His 2 scenarios are running off the assumption there are 2 mafia, there's a 50% chance there are 3 though.

If you ask me though, Valy rolled a 2

In an 11 player game?

wait, how does that change the math? You're right that the second post does say that long after I stopped reading it, but we'd still lose after the same number of days. It's just 1 KP earlier.

wait, how does that change the math? You're right that the second post does say that long after I stopped reading it, but we'd still lose after the same number of days. It's just 1 KP earlier.
    The same number of days...1 KP earlier....does not compute.

I realized you'd still lose in either scenario after I asked. Also, don't act surprised if there are 3 in this round since it is a 50% chance if Valy didn't weight the options differently.

I'm not sure I believe Valy actually randomed it. He doesn't usually random things.

As for the other sentence, yes, it makes sense. I'll write the same sentence with more words.

If there are 3 Mafia not 2, we will still lose on the same day whether we no lynch or lynch tonight; it will just be 1 day earlier than is in my math since my math assumes 2 Mafia.

In other words, same logic still says we should rando lynch night 1 and not no lynch. You're just debating which KP is LYLO.

Guys NL is pointless. Doesn't buy us a day. Rando lynch is optimal play.

With NL:
    11 - 10 - 8 - 6 - 4 (loss after four KPs)

With accidental mislynch N1
    11 - 9 - 7 - 5 - 3 (loss after four KPs)

So there's no cost.
    It is

NL =

8 - 7 - 5 (LYLO) - LOSE/WIN

and Random lynch =

8 - 6 - 4 (LYLO) - LOSE/WIN

I hope there isn't three mafia .

If there isn't:

NL =

9 - 8 - 6 - 4 (LYLO) - LOSE/WIN

RL =

9 - 7 - 5 - 3 (LYLO) - LOSE/WIN

Basically you're right. Is that because it is an odd number of players? Or just the number 11?

If it doesn't matter, here's my vote:

Vote: Eric

Reason: Rarely helps us even when he is in a good role. At least, IMO. (Sorry bud).

I think it's the number 11 but I don't feel like checking other odd primes and odd nonprimes to verify .

vote burn, because no lynch sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    It is

NL =

8 - 7 - 5 (LYLO) - LOSE/WIN

and Random lynch =

8 - 6 - 4 (LYLO) - LOSE/WIN

I hope there isn't three mafia .

If there isn't:

NL =

9 - 8 - 6 - 4 (LYLO) - LOSE/WIN

RL =

9 - 7 - 5 - 3 (LYLO) - LOSE/WIN

Basically you're right. Is that because it is an odd number of players? Or just the number 11?

If it doesn't matter, here's my vote:

Vote: Eric

Reason: Rarely helps us even when he is in a good role. At least, IMO. (Sorry bud).
    I have said before that I am not a team player because I cannot contribute like you guys contribute ... I am a strategist but I do not calculate in my strategies ... All of you guys here do, which makes it hard for me to join in the team .. The best I can do is follow you guys lead or the vote train ...
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

I'm not sure I believe Valy actually randomed it. He doesn't usually random things.

As for the other sentence, yes, it makes sense. I'll write the same sentence with more words.

If there are 3 Mafia not 2, we will still lose on the same day whether we no lynch or lynch tonight; it will just be 1 day earlier than is in my math since my math assumes 2 Mafia.
    I did! I literally rolled a d4. I random some things. Just not roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    I did! I literally rolled a d4. I random some things. Just not roles.
    Mmm hmm. And I'm supposed to believe you're the type that plays D&D and therefore has a d4 lying around? You, who frequents the RPG forum? No. No, I don't believe this for a moment!

Mmm hmm. And I'm supposed to believe you're the type that plays D&D and therefore has a d4 lying around? You, who frequents the RPG forum? No. No, I don't believe this for a moment!
    You know, it's funny. Whenever I need a die, I just tell my wife and she reaches into her bag that she keeps in her purse at all time. It's really convenient.

Unvote: No Lynch
    Vote: MK

Why the hell not?
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18