Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Battle of the Bands (Mafia Game Thread)

The country with the world's longest official name

Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    Pleased to meet you!
    Hope you guess my role (unless you're a wolf)

KP #6

Did you see the lights
    As they fell all around you
    Did you hear the music
    Serenade from the stars

Wake up, wake up
    Wake up and look around you
    We're lost in space
    And the time is our own

Kerzi was removed from the Battle of the Bands by popular vote and was the Drug Dealer.

Rockers win.

The full list of winners is as follows:
    Flossie -- Indy win as Aaron Copland. (Was originally Mama Cass Elliot)
    Rokchik -- was Jim Morrison
    Mod Deadpool -- Was the Limo Driver
    Gebne -- Was Jefferson Starship
    The blazin1 -- Was Carlos Santana
    Valynor -- Was John Lennon
    Carni -- Was Sting. (Originally Aaron Copland)

Losers:
    The Metalheads, Mama Cass Elliot, and The Alternative.
    Scarecrow -- Ozzy Osbourne
    Luisss -- Jack Black
    Kerzi -- Drug Dealer
    Mbstokem -- Chris Cornell. (Was originally Jefferson Airplane)
    Mouse-Keyboard -- Kurt Cobain
    Eric Rasputin -- Mama Cass Elliot. (Was originally Sting.)

Most Interesting Plays:
    Mama Cass Elliot was originally Flossie, who stole Carni's role when Carni was Aaron Copland. Then, Carni stole Eric's role, becoming Sting, and letting Eric die as Mama Cass.
    The Alternative -- being eradicated N2. I actually thought this faction was OP, and expected it to devour the entire town. But mbstokem was surprise lynched, and MK killed himself the same night. This was very funny from my end. (Sorry MK .)

MVPs:
    Kerzi -- made really interesting plays!
    Rok & Eric -- Caught Luisss roleblocking Eric with Jim Morrison's undisclosed ability; if a player P was targetted by Jim Morrison and another player R, then there was a 25% chance that player P would receive the identities of all players targetting him that night, and a 25% chance that Jim Morrison would receive the identities of all players targeting player P that night. In this case, Luisss was revealed to Eric.
    Flossie & Carni -- ended up both being alive at the end of the game, and knowing that the other wasn't mafia due to Mama Cass shenanigans.

This was great fun to host, peoples. Thank you for being such fun players!
    Last edited by The Burninator; 11-11-2016 at 01:53 AM.
    "The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice... It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, and the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one. No matter the blood. No matter the skin. No matter the world. No matter the star. We are one. No matter the pain. No matter the darkness. No matter the loss. No matter the fear. We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognise this singular truth and this singular rule: that we must be kind to one another. Because, each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one." ~G'kar

This was SO much fun, Burn. Thank you

I now officially love this game. The name Cass will also make my face twitch into eternity :d
    Leader of KoN (S5), TLDRDTX (S3), CIN and PaN (2016 tournie)
    NI!

I'm legitimately shocked that both Luisss and Scare were mafia. When I said they were my guess, I thought I was sick and probably wrong. Great game everyone.

Thank you for hosting. It was fun to play despite my being so rusty.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

"And we would have gotten away with it too if you weren't for meddlin' Cass."

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    I'm legitimately shocked that both Luisss and Scare were mafia. When I said they were my guess, I thought I was sick and probably wrong. Great game everyone.
    When you said that, I was just shaking my head like, 'man SC wishes he kilt you earlier in this game.'
    "The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice... It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, and the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one. No matter the blood. No matter the skin. No matter the world. No matter the star. We are one. No matter the pain. No matter the darkness. No matter the loss. No matter the fear. We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognise this singular truth and this singular rule: that we must be kind to one another. Because, each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one." ~G'kar

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    When you said that, I was just shaking my head like, 'man SC wishes he kilt you earlier in this game.'
    Had I felt well, I may have pushed it. But I was also still under heavy suspicion at the time and didn't want to get myself lynched. By the next night, everyone had already moved on to them so I didn't feel the need to throw any weight around. It was easier to just go with it.

Still Valy, this is why I always kill you early in the game when I'm maff .

Of course, since apparently SC knows when I'm mafia now, I have to kill you, mb, and SC before one of you figures me out. It's getting to be too much

Major props to Flossie for guessing my role night 2. I don't know how you pulled that off.

Thanks for hosting Burn, this was a crazy fun round! And well played by everyone!
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

Flossie always knows who everyone is. She disappointed me by not producing her patented night one analysis of who we all are.
    us1rd4 Shakin&Bakin | us2rd3 DarkFather Dual #665 | us6rd1 NoMercy | us9rd1 NotAMyth (sorceys raid slave and sandwich maker)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummit View Post
    What the pineappleh's going on, and where are my reins?

Occasionally worshipped by Mitachuk, Hej and Vigil
    and most important Sprouts friend

Flossie always knows who everyone is. She disappointed me by not producing her patented night one analysis of who we all are.
    ROFL I remember those! I loved those.

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    I thought Scarecrow was town and you were Mafia (I tried to convert SC ).

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    Interesting! I wonder what would have happened if you'd seen it right. I love these after game notes. Sorry for lynching your recruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    Did you talk to mb?

He had gotten SC as Ozzy Osbourne in his investigate night 1

MB was acting off anyhow. I was going to push for his lynch the following night had he survived.

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    MB was acting off anyhow. I was going to push for his lynch the following night had he survived.
    That's what I thought. I dont know why, but the vote that followed directly after mine set off an alarm in my head.

Did you talk to mb?

He didn't tell me that.

Edit: He recommended converting SC. I suspect he may not have known about the death targeting Mafia thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Carni View Post
    Major props to Flossie for guessing my role night 2. I don't know how you pulled that off.

Thanks for hosting Burn, this was a crazy fun round! And well played by everyone!
    I wanted to be Aaron Copland, so first night was just a wild guess. Second night was almost as wild a guess, I got real lucky, I knew the person with that role just needed to stay alive, so I started to look at who was active and quiet at the same time.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

I was the sting and Carni stole my role ... Props to Kerzi for acting innocent .... You were so believable ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

Kerzi I got lucky and forgot you were drugged night 1. If I had remembered you had done that to yourself I would've suspected Valy way more and probably voted for him over Scarecrow when I finally came forward with what I knew.
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

I really enjoyed when Kerzi acted drugged early in game. Very clever.

Did you talk to mb?

Umm, for 1, you never told me this and for 2 you should've told Valy this since we got swapped.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

Umm, for 1, you never told me this and for 2 you should've told Valy this since we got swapped.

Also, second opinion on that second bit? I've never used bus driver for that. If detective investigates a person but is swapped, do the results of the investigation go to the swapee? I have always only swapped external things that happen. (Ie. that MK tried to convert Valy that night but the convert was swapped to mb.)

Stokem you meanie
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

Results of investigation should go to the detective. Telling the detective that their target has been swapped is a point of conjecture.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Results of investigation should go to the detective. Telling the detective that their target has been swapped is a point of conjecture.
    If the target has been swapped then the detective should know the info of who ever took the place of his target ... I think thats how it should go ...
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

https://s17.postimg.org/ga46c1oa7/Photo_Nov_11_12_04_41.png

Also, second opinion on that second bit? I've never used bus driver for that. If detective investigates a person but is swapped, do the results of the investigation go to the swapee? I have always only swapped external things that happen. (Ie. that MK tried to convert Valy that night but the convert was swapped to mb.)
    I wouldn't have a detective influenced by a bus driver (although I don't think I've ever had a bus driver in any of my rounds).

I never actually got that text Jeff

That's awkward, I wonder how the round would've turned out had I actually gotten my result.

Lol. Wrecked by Verizon.

You told me mb was ozzy
    us1rd4 Shakin&Bakin | us2rd3 DarkFather Dual #665 | us6rd1 NoMercy | us9rd1 NotAMyth (sorceys raid slave and sandwich maker)

You told me mb was ozzy
    You were Jefferson Starship, the Insane Detective role, dear pineapple!

You were Jefferson Starship, the Insane Detective role, dear pineapple!
    I know. Just saying that i am amused you told both investigators the same role.

I know. Just saying that i am amused you told both investigators the same role.
    I was laughing when I random'd that for you, too!