Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle of the Bands (Mafia Game Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rasputin View Post
    EBWOP: FoS:gebne
    I'd rather not reveal the reason as it could be beneficial to an enemy band ...
    Interesting. I think I know who you are Now. I would wait a night before casting shame.
    us1rd4 Shakin&Bakin | us2rd3 DarkFather Dual #665 | us6rd1 NoMercy | us9rd1 NotAMyth (sorceys raid slave and sandwich maker)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummit View Post
    What the pineappleh's going on, and where are my reins?

Occasionally worshipped by Mitachuk, Hej and Vigil
    and most important Sprouts friend

Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    Interesting. I think I know who you are Now. I would wait a night before casting shame.
    Good ... The more people that know me, know that with this role in my hand and with my way of thinking ... It might not go well for you in game
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

I meant if A were swapped. I know what happens when the targets are swapped, but this game has a few convolutions. So if either mb or valy were the killer, and got swapped, what happens to their target. Trying to work out the possible options of why the kill didn't go through. There is one option that definitely could be a metalhead, based on my role.

Vote: Kerzi
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Another option is the metalheads could have George Thorogood in which case the killing is just delayed a KP. Also Burn, can the limo driver target himself?
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

Quote Originally Posted by Carni View Post
    can the limo driver target himself?
    No..
    "The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice... It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, and the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one. No matter the blood. No matter the skin. No matter the world. No matter the star. We are one. No matter the pain. No matter the darkness. No matter the loss. No matter the fear. We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognise this singular truth and this singular rule: that we must be kind to one another. Because, each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one." ~G'kar

He would have been switched with another person's target.

Take for example A is the killer ... B and C are swapped players(A can be either one of those) Now, imagine D targeted B using his role speciality and A targeted C. Limo Driver can switch and make it so that A kills B and D kills C. The role blockers might have played their card here and made it so that A couldn't get his opportunity to kill .... This is all speculation ... The game is too vague for me to form any analysis and the players haven't been that chatty too ...
    I meant if the killer was switched.

Quote Originally Posted by Carni View Post
    Another option is the metalheads could have George Thorogood in which case the killing is just delayed a KP. Also Burn, can the limo driver target himself?
    Ah yes. So we could have 2 kills tonight instead. Or 3 with Chris Cornell. That could be dangerous. Or 4 with Kanye.... This could be over quickly!

Unvote: Kerzi

FoS: Kerzi

vote Rok
    Didn't vote for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

vote Rok
    Didn't vote for me.
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

So good you had to say it twice?
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

He would have been switched with another person's target.

Take for example A is the killer ... B and C are swapped players(A can be either one of those) Now, imagine D targeted B using his role speciality and A targeted C. Limo Driver can switch and make it so that A kills B and D kills C. The role blockers might have played their card here and made it so that A couldn't get his opportunity to kill .... This is all speculation ... The game is too vague for me to form any analysis and the players haven't been that chatty too ...
    vote Rok
    Didn't vote for me.
    Give me time....

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Hmm, so roleblocks don't show. And the metalheads didn't eliminate anyone last night. So....
    Either Scare was the target (would that show burn?) or the metalhead was blocked.

This could be tricky. Anyone else have more insight into the KP? What does the role switch do if one of them was the killer in this round?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    No..
    Few options here and none of which can be confirmed until this next KP.
    Either:
    1. The protect saved me (thank you!)
    2. The Metalheads used either George Thorogood or Ozzy Osbourne for the kill (i.e. kill is delayed)
    3. The Metalheads did not submit a kill. In this instance we should look for inactives.

Give the cult in play, which can become more powerful than the Metalheads in my opinion given they now have a killing role, will have an unknown role added tomorrow and can continue growing, inactives might be a way to thin cultafia options.

I meant if A were swapped. I know what happens when the targets are swapped, but this game has a few convolutions. So if either mb or valy were the killer, and got swapped, what happens to their target. Trying to work out the possible options of why the kill didn't go through. There is one option that definitely could be a metalhead, based on my role.

Vote: Kerzi
    Generally, swaps only effect actions happening to the player and not the player using a role. The only time it gets tricky is when a player target themselves at which point it is a host call (i.e. mafia killing themselves, roleblockers roleblocking themselves). I normally have the role cancel out given people can't usually self-target.

This could potentially mean either Valynor or Mb are mafia. If so, we should be able to wait until the kp to be able to draw a 50/50.

EBWOP: FoS:gebne
    I'd rather not reveal the reason as it could be beneficial to an enemy band ...
    "To an enemy band"... Making a soft claim is going to paint a picture on yourself anyhow.
    This makes me wonder why it is only a FOS and not a vote. What role can only gather partial evidence? Unless you're inferring Gebne is one of a number of possible people to have targeted me?

I'll hold my vote until further information is forthcoming and people have had a chance to respond to my musings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

I missed this in my above post (and whereas I would normally add an edit tag and only make changes below it, I'd rather not put a vote against my own name....), but what do you have Rok? Does what I do as a host help?

I don't see why you'd change from a vote to a FOS.

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I missed this in my above post (and whereas I would normally add an edit tag and only make changes below it, I'd rather not put a vote against my own name....), but what do you have Rok? Does what I do as a host help?

I don't see why you'd change from a vote to a FOS.
    To put the name up a few more times.

I'll go back to a vote soon (if nothing better comes up). I wanted to see what else Eric said. I'm assuming he's soft claiming a blocker role.

Not sure why we're focusing on the swap so much. It literally meant nothing, it was a non-factor. Valy nor I are more or less likely to be mafia because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

Given the weirdness of this round, I wanted some clarification is all. All we had was SC being saved, which makes him slightly less likely to be scum, unless there is an extra kill tonight. If there isn't - and without some of the role uses being shown, it might to be tricky to tell - then we have to assume the save worked, or the kill wasn't sent. So we assume SC is non-scum or we hunt inactives, or we do both until we get better info.
    If Burn was using some different outcome on the swaps, as in, the killer got swapped out and the target of the other swappee was unavailable to kill, it might have given us a few more options. But don't panic. You can still be scum....

Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    Not sure why we're focusing on the swap so much. It literally meant nothing, it was a non-factor. Valy nor I are more or less likely to be mafia because of it.
    The swap was a factor in-as-much as the other possibilites I posted. All are possible and each proscribes approaching the round in a different way.
    I see it mostly as a matter of choosing whatever one believes the most likely outcome of the 3 options are (open to other options if I've missed them).

Inactives so far hits the most points for me (from an inactive mafia and cultafia view) but it is counter-productive against a highly active mafia.
    Basically, choose your poison...

Given the weirdness of this round, I wanted some clarification is all. All we had was SC being saved, which makes him slightly less likely to be scum, unless there is an extra kill tonight. If there isn't - and without some of the role uses being shown, it might to be tricky to tell - then we have to assume the save worked, or the kill wasn't sent. So we assume SC is non-scum or we hunt inactives, or we do both until we get better info.
    If Burn was using some different outcome on the swaps, as in, the killer got swapped out and the target of the other swappee was unavailable to kill, it might have given us a few more options. But don't panic. You can still be scum....
    The round just started Rok, what weirdness? Who would go for SC night one, TB, MK, Rok or MB?

TB is the host...

MB typically wouldn't. He tends to play wanting a challenge. I.e. There is little fun to be had in winning a round where all the active players are killed first.

MK is hard to judge. He perpetually personifies indy to me (also seems to be where he plays best).

Rok has a few tells that I've yet to see arise. (It is day 2 and we had a minimalist kp however....)

Meant DP, not TB.

I'm sticking with voting for Rok.

Meant DP, not TB.
    I have a hard time telling DP. He tends to play similar when mafia and when holding a power role by staying quiet. You can tell when he is town as a vanilla role as he posts alot more.
    I've no read on him beyond what can be taken from the KP....

We're all cool, dudes. And whoa....the colour green has a sound. Shushhhh and listen...it sounds like chips crunching. Shhhhhhh.

Chips. Crunching. Mind blown, man.
    Leader of KoN (S5), TLDRDTX (S3), CIN and PaN (2016 tournie)
    NI!

Community Moderator Mod Deadpool's Avatar

I just broke a leg (literally), so the inactivity is because of that.
    This KP gives too little information for me to figure out much, but I kind of feel SC's logic is a little flawed.
    And he is usually very clear about what he says, but here there's room for interpretation, i.e., confusion.
    So from whatever little analysis I did,
    Vote: Scarecrow

Unvote: MK
    Vote: SC

I agree with DP ...
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

There is just too little to go by for me. I see Eric jumping on wagons again. Scarecrow analysing stuff. Kerzi Babbling nonsense. mb deflecting. Rok seeing weirdness. Valy being quiet.

The dice it is.

Vote: Mb
    Reason: RVS
    us1rd4 Shakin&Bakin | us2rd3 DarkFather Dual #665 | us6rd1 NoMercy | us9rd1 NotAMyth (sorceys raid slave and sandwich maker)

The country with the world's longest official name

Vote: Valynor
    Reason:
    Much quieter than in SC's round (he hosted the one after and I wasn't paying much attention to the one after that).

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    Vote: Valynor
    Reason:
    Much quieter than in SC's round (he hosted the one after and I wasn't paying much attention to the one after that).
    I'm pretty sick at the moment, and have very little to say right now.

The country with the world's longest official name

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    I'm pretty sick at the moment, and have very little to say right now.
    It's because there's little to say that I'm voting for you on limited evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Deadpool View Post
    I just broke a leg (literally), so the inactivity is because of that.
    This KP gives too little information for me to figure out much, but I kind of feel SC's logic is a little flawed.
    And he is usually very clear about what he says, but here there's room for interpretation, i.e., confusion.
    So from whatever little analysis I did,
    Vote: Scarecrow
    What parts are flawed?

Of course there is room for interpretation considering we have next to nothing in the kp. I can't pull info out of thin air and can only work with what is available. I've pounced on every bit of information I thought I could get and have sought answers from those who have been much more apprehensive with it than I have...

Speaking of... Eric, you still haven't answered my post towards you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerzi View Post
    We're all cool, dudes. And whoa....the colour green has a sound. Shushhhh and listen...it sounds like chips crunching. Shhhhhhh.

Chips. Crunching. Mind blown, man.
    Definitely looks like Kerzi got hit by the Drug Dealer (maf alignment)
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

What parts are flawed?

Of course there is room for interpretation considering we have next to nothing in the kp. I can't pull info out of thin air and can only work with what is available. I've pounced on every bit of information I thought I could get and have sought answers from those who have been much more apprehensive with it than I have...

Speaking of... Eric, you still haven't answered my post towards you.
    I chose not to answer it ...
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

Your prior Vote/FOS choices makes no sense to me. Why imply you have information on a player which is worthy of suspicion and not follow through on it? At 2 different points no less!?

Vote: Eric

Your prior Vote/FOS choices makes no sense to me. Why imply you have information on a player which is worthy of suspicion and not follow through on it? At 2 different points no less!?

Vote: Eric
    I'm Eric ... I'm supposed to not make sense ... And when I do , you guys start being suspicious saying that this is not the Eric that you know. Make up your mind
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

Plus, this is not a normal game of Mafia ... My information could be gold to other parties ... We have 4 parties in play here ... I can't be reckless and just fess out my findings...
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

You having information isn't the basis for my suspicion. Your alignment accusation against Gebne and then the lack of follow through is what I'm calling you out on. At best, it's a slip up. At worst, it's atrocious play. Neither of which can be excused through a claim of 'unpredictability'.

You having information isn't the basis for my suspicion. Your alignment accusation against Gebne and then the lack of follow through is what I'm calling you out on. At best, it's a slip up. At worst, it's atrocious play. Neither of which can be excused through a claim of 'unpredictability'.
    But is he leaving on a jetplane or are starships meant to fly?

Gah. I read as alignment rather than roles.

Unvote: Eric

I'm going back to my feelings surrounding inactives.
    Vote: Flossie
    Reason: 1 post in thread. No mafia kill n1. Inactives are a haven for cults.

Sorry for being inactive, everyone. Election day is Tuesday and I happen to be a candidate for local office, so my time is relatively preoccupied.

My thoughts:

Eric is softroleclaiming an investigator but apparently doesn't have a read on anyone or is not willing to share it. Typical weird Eric stuff.

SC is analyzing as he always does, even the other active players arent as active as usual.... and KP was not very informative. Feels like RVS all over again.

Will vote in a bit after re-reading things.

So Kerzi was hit by the drug dealer. Which doesn't mean much this early. Scum could have targeted their own at little cost. Unless they lost a kill opportunity doing it, there's little downside after one night.

Eric, the weirdness is pretty obvious. Various roles not showing, blocks not showing. That, and I was never sure anyway about it.

I'm really not any more sure than anyone else. Everyone with votes (apart from me) could just as easily be scum, or not. I'm tempted to go random, but that just kills SC at this stage, and I can't see any reason for that either.

So, in case I don't get back
    Vote: Valy