Thread: Map data question

Default Map data question

So, been a long while since I dabbled in Travian, and I'm looking to try some things again with the map data, but my notes on how to parse out the data file have gone missing...

Is there a doc someplace that explains how to interpret the map data, or can someone explain what I'm looking at?

INSERT INTO `x_world` VALUES (404800,-106,-105,1,76862,'03. London',27861,'PCS',140,'FSQ',461);

(Yes, I'm sure that FSQ and PCS are interesting values, but without knowing what they represent they're just letters to me. Likewise, 404800 is probably interesting, but by itself it's just a number, and not even a prime number).

//Torrenal

Coordinate ID, X, Y, tribe, Village ID, Village Name, Player ID, Player Name, Alliance ID, Alliance Name, Population.
    That's what I found from google. There used to be an FAQ in Travian help, but it seems to be gone now after they redid stuff a few years ago.

S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Thanks! I think I can probably ignore the coordinate ID for my purposes, which are mostly map rendering.

I'd been looking for the old doc that I'd first used a few years back, but I've been encountering a distressing number of broken links.

This gets me what I need to start moving on this.

Now all I need to do is figure out (again) how to automate the import of this data into a proper SQL table, how to handle proper 2-way commo between wildfly and a jnlp client, re-implement my custom variant of the HSB color-space and its tiered variant, re-implement my old maps from scratch, and optimize the stuffing out of them.

Shouldn't take me more than a few months of my spare time. XD
    //EricP

Yay for moderated edits with a message that lasts for a half second saying "your post will be moderated". Blink and you miss it. Please ignore this double post.
    Last edited by CM M.Hudson; 10-19-2016 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Yay for admin rights..... Posts Merged ~mh~

While, I don't know anything about parsing the .sql, the coordinate Id is pretty much only used on the send troops screen these days (it's the z= parameter). It used to also be used in urls in t3 when you looked at a village/oasis on the map, but that has been dropped in t4 with the position_details screen that now has x and y parameters.
    The village ID is the number in the URL when you change the active village (newid=). Also used in create trade route URLs.

S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

So I could, in theory use the ID to generate links into Travian - something I won't be doing. I do wonder how I might go about getting other map data (crops, oasis locations, etc), and if those same IDs would be used with that, but I think I have enough on my plate as it is.
    //Torrenal