Thread: Recent Forum Downtime

Default Recent Forum Downtime

Hey Folks

As you might have noticed, our forum was offline over the last few days. That was because there was an attack on our forums. Upon notice we immediately took the necessary measures to ensure the security of your data and accounts.

As we have to act on the assumption that the forums were corrupted, we installed a backup from before the attack. We apologise for this inconvenience and kindly ask for your understanding.

Please note: For security reasons all passwords have been made invalid. Therefore you will have to request a new one via the feature “Forgot password”. We would like to point out that you should never use one and the same password for different applications.

Regards
    Matt
    Community Manager UK/US

I have a number of friends who no longer have access to the email accounts under which they registered for the forum. How do they get back on their accounts?
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

They first need to create a new account and message me and i then will instruct them of the process.

Odd, I thought we had a rule that directly forbids mult-accounts. It appears we do not, so I can't give you **** for asking people to break forum rules. :(

Odd note: it seems our emoticons are all wonky.

Because of the issues we are permitting it for the time being, they are deleted at the end of the recovery process. We have to do a series of security checks etc before resetting any of the accounts and its quicker and easier to use PM's

Quote Originally Posted by m.hudson View Post
    Because of the issues we are permitting it for the time being, they are deleted at the end of the recovery process. We have to do a series of security checks etc before resetting any of the accounts and its quicker and easier to use PM's
    I was hoping to mess with ya. It's what I do best--mess with people.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by m.hudson View Post
    They first need to create a new account and message me and i then will instruct them of the process.
    I did that but I'm not sure the message went through. In case it isn't clear, I'm Old Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Old Mac View Post
    I did that but I'm not sure the message went through. In case it isn't clear, I'm Old Mac.
    The message did get through and I have sent the instructions for the next step. Hopefully we can get this sorted for you.

Senator

All better, thank you very much.
    My first hammer: s8r1 - mhisti
    Not my first hammer: s1r4 - Loved1

s1r7 - Ifrit 3,111,384 offense points

[6:49:56 PM] Bugzy: Let's report Ifrit for genocide

Quote Originally Posted by Old MacDonald View Post
    All better, thank you very much.

Glad i could sort it for you If anyone else is having issues please PM me for instructions on how to recover your account.