Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Official US1 R10 Battle Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    Ah, so he'll try to justify it in public (by basically saying NO U!) while chastising the guy in private.

What tremendous leadership.
    I don't think calling people out for hypocrisy = justifying anything.
    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    I don't think calling people out for hypocrisy = justifying anything.
    It's not hypocrisy when it's at that level.

What you're comparing your detractors' behavior to - this would be similar to you losing your **** when your mom asks you to take out the trash but shrugging it off when your brother gets asked to plow a 40 acre field by hand.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

[7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

It's not hypocrisy when it's at that level.

What you're comparing your detractors' behavior to - this would be similar to you losing your **** when your mom asks you to take out the trash but shrugging it off when your brother gets asked to plow a 40 acre field by hand.
    I understand your analogy means to suggest that the things I am comparing are not at the same level, but I do not agree that there are varying levels here. We're talking about insults on an online forum, and in the case of LB specifically, insinuating criminal actions and spousal infidelity is not exactly lower than asking if someone's spouse died and left them money IMO.

Nevermind that I was not even comparing anyone's words to IB's. I was saying that it is hypocritical for LB to call someone classless when he has acted classless, and for Cis to say people shouldn't resort to childish name-calling when she has done the exact same thing.
    Last edited by Luisss; 02-16-2017 at 08:02 PM.
    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

LB specifically, insinuating criminal actions
    You're deflecting. More importantly you guys said you were going to do illegal things in your Skype room. I made it public. You've gone off on a multi week semantics tantrum because you claim you didn't actually do it.

I even tried to help you clear your name by asking for time stamped proof that you discouraged it. You refused. While you might deny it now your logs have been passed around and so your US1 adventures will be forever remembered for month long semantics tantrums, personal attacks, lying, multiing, failed Ops, threats of IP tracking, MultiHunter deletions, fat shaming, shaming the poor, shut in jokes, cat lady jokes, dead spouse jokes, catapulting members, and both defending and enabling online harassment.

You might actually be the worst person currently active on the forums.
    Last edited by Lord Bane; 02-16-2017 at 08:33 PM.

I understand your analogy means to suggest that the things I am comparing are not at the same level, but I do not agree that there are varying levels here. We're talking about insults on an online forum, and in the case of LB specifically, insinuating criminal actions and spousal infidelity is not exactly lower than asking if someone's spouse died and left them money IMO.
    I don't remember the spousal infidelity comment; could you PM or IGM it to me? (I don't want to rehash publicly whatever *****torm that was). Course if you IGM it to me I might not get around to it for a few days weeks since apparently I do a crappy job keeping up with those.

As for the "criminal" actions. You guys discussed doing that in your Skype and LB found out about it. At that point it doesn't really matter much if it was a "joke" or not. In a world filled with Adblock, Tor, NoScript, net neutrality debates, hacking, ransomware, Edward Snowden etc etc etc, that's definitely not one of those things that's ok to joke about. Hopefully you guys have learned from that experience, but that's not really anyone's fault or responsibility but yours. Take ownership for your screwups and move on.

Same way with someone's spouse dying. That's just one of those things that you don't joke about. Generally speaking people that have been married for any reasonable length of time don't look forward to having to go through that phase of life. Most people actively avoid thinking about their spouse dying. I'm going to assert (but refuse to argue; I'm tired of trying to explain basic interpersonal skills to you people) that someone's spouse dying or getting killed is a way more traumatic life incident than catching them in bed with someone else.

As for dead spouse jokes. If there was a website that gave a checklist of every dumb cliche insult on the Internets, and then went through IB's post, you could pretty much go right down the line. At least LB tries to be somewhat clever about his poo flinging.

But that's not even the main point I was trying to make, which is that you defended him on the forums and then posted later saying that you chastised him in private. You can't come on here as a member of leadership and say one thing publicly and do another incompatible thing privately. That's the very definition of hypocrisy, the way I see it, and quite frankly the way the Bible sees it too.

Nevermind that I was not even comparing anyone's words to IB's.
    I know I'm walking the fine line of yet another semantics *****torm and you lawyering your way through more poo, but that's kind of what the whole "tea/kettle" thing implies. It basically sends the message of, "What you did was worse" since the entire freaking metaphor is a comparison between two kitchenware objects.

I was saying that it is hypocritical for LB to call someone classless when he has acted classless, and for Cis to say people shouldn't resort to childish name-calling when she has done the exact same thing.
    So then by this logic, you have no right at all, whatsoever, to call anyone out on any of the above.. Except that you have many times employed a "I can do it but you can't" mantra..
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

I don't remember the spousal infidelity comment; could you PM or IGM it to me?
    It wasn't an infidelity joke but it was deleted by the mods. I PMed it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by odinloki View Post
    So then by this logic
    Logic is not his strong suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    It wasn't an infidelity joke but it was deleted by the mods. I PMed it to you.
    Yeah, to call that "infidelity" is pretty weak. When you use that word it makes people think of sleeping around or hoing it up. But maybe that was the intended thought.

Quote Originally Posted by jjpackrats View Post
    sounds to me they acted like a pop-tart
    poptartbase.jpg.jpg
    What can be broken, must be broken.

Nich - if you're going to say that, get on the top 10 raiders list, man

Yeah, to call that "infidelity" is pretty weak.
    Yes it is. Infidelity was not how it was intended and regardless I apologized. The offended party forgave me and yet Luisss persists on the topic. It's led me to wonder if it was ever about the joke at all or something else... something left unresolved in our dear snowflake.

Nich - if you're going to say that, get on the top 10 raiders list, man
    Fair enough
    /me starts frantically raiding teammates out of laziness but determination not to get out-pop-tarted by the competition
    What can be broken, must be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by nichmanic View Post
    /me starts frantically raiding teammates
    That won't help your team's numbers. You're already half of BTDT`s raiding and if you exclude TiK ToK and Zapp you're what... 1/5th or less? C'mon man crack that whip!

That won't help your team's numbers. You're already half of BTDT`s raiding and if you exclude TiK ToK and Zapp you're what... 1/5th or less? C'mon man crack that whip!
    No offense, but I managed to build a pretty impressive account with probably more siege than 99.99% of the server without ever getting anywhere close to the top 10 in raiding.

If anyone is gonna crack the whip on anyone, ask how my little account managed to do that while many that raided much more than me with way more villages couldn't keep up.

No offense taken. I'm a notoriously lazy and awful raider and sim up my Hamvils. Some people focus on population and rank while others focus on troops. It's just the game.

How much siege was that again?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    How much siege was that again?
    A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    A lot.
    Why are you expecting us to believe this again?

You're already half of BTDT`s raiding and if you exclude TiK ToK and Zapp you're what... 1/5th or less?
    I left out Rocky! It's official... only three accounts in the NE are raiding...

Why do you think I care what you believe?

determination not to get out-pop-tarted by the competition
    I found GONE's pop tarts..

Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

What?

I'm saying that Lord Bane calling GONE members classless is the pot calling the kettle black because he too often acts classless. As for Cis, she too has resorted to childish insults, so yeah.

There is this wonderful mechanism by which I can communicate with my players outside of the forum in a private way. There's no need for me to say "we" won't do it again, as I had no hand in what he wrote, but I have expressed to him that dead spouse jokes are not right and that forum etiquette usually says that family members are off limits. I also did not see his post until this morning, as I do not check this forum every hour on the hour believe it or not.

There's no semantics here. You said if I said a portion of what he said, it would have been better, ignoring that I did. We can stop there.
    Citation? (One of your favorite responses) Find ONE place where I insulted anyone in any way, shape or form like he did. Kinda like calling Jimmay out the other day, only to have him disappear. Still haven't gotten a PM with an account name. Maybe because there isn't one?

Why do you think I care what you believe?
    Otherwise you wouldn't have posted it.

Otherwise you wouldn't have posted it.
    Thanks for the psychological lesson, doc...but no, I really don't care what you believe.

Sorry if the internet lied to you and told you that if someone posts something that means that they care.

Thanks for the psychological lesson, doc...but no, I really don't care what you believe.

Sorry if the internet lied to you and told you that if someone posts something that means that they care.
    Cute.

Generally speaking, if I post something, it means I care, at least a little bit. But then, I am known to be strange.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    Generally speaking, if I post something, it means I care, at least a little bit. But then, I am known to be strange.
    Even if it is just a lie, like this looks to be... the misdirection means something.

Ok, I give up... What do the pop tarts reference?
    US1:R3 Alliteration -oNE R10 Twist of Fate -GONE
    US3: R10 Buccaneers - TBN (dual)
    US4: R2 Eris ABT-PANTLESS R3 Fluffy MORON R4 ThePanda MORON R8 Leep
    US5: R2 Susugam - ROBR R3 Twist of Fate - NEWD

Quote Originally Posted by Pile of Pandas View Post
    I've been assuming it's just some random insult, like calling someone a snowflake if they object to anything another person says or thinks...

But then, I don't likr poptarts (way too sugary and fake tasting, they would make me sick when I was a kid, it was a mystery to me why all the other kids thought they were amazing) so I may be reading something that's not there.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.

I found GONE's pop tarts..

I do wonder why you chose this particular image to show.

I've been assuming it's just some random insult, like calling someone a snowflake
    Like calling certain trolls snowflakes because they believe they're special and unique while they're also terribly fragile and prone to melting away when things heat up.

But then, I don't likr poptarts (way too sugary and fake tasting,
    Google "Korean girls eating pop tarts." They say the same thing.
    Last edited by Lord Bane; 02-17-2017 at 07:11 PM.

Got me.. Nich came up with it and I just ran with it.. Here's where it all started..
    /me starts frantically raiding teammates out of laziness but determination not to get out-pop-tarted by the competition

I do wonder why you chose this particular image to show.
    I have twin daughters, and when shopping one day they saw them and had to have them, so when Nich mentioned pop-tarts, I had to go look for the pic and it all tied in from there.. Some of the best trolling you can ever do is as effortless as it comes..

Not me.

The issue in question was the amount of siege I claimed to lose, although I did not post a specific number. Kurtz is obviously jealous because I had a bigger hammer, which probably isn't the only time in his life that he's been on the short end.

Quote Originally Posted by jjpackrats View Post
    Sounds to me they acted like a Pop-Tart
    Got me.. Nich came up with it and I just ran with it.. Here's where it all started..
    It actually started with crybaby
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

Kurtz is obviously jealous because I had a bigger hammer
    I am not playing....

I have twin daughters, and when shopping one day they saw them and had to have them, so when Nich mentioned pop-tarts, I had to go look for the pic and it all tied in from there.. Some of the best trolling you can ever do is as effortless as it comes..
    Were they any good? I'm tired of making omelets/skillets/juevos rancheros/frittata every morning for my kids.

The issue in question was the amount of siege I claimed to lose, although I did not post a specific number. Kurtz is obviously jealous because I had a bigger hammer, which probably isn't the only time in his life that he's been on the short end.
    /me doubles over, laughing hysterically

You don't know much about the history of this server, do you?

AH! A fellow twin parent! I have 2 sets myself.

Has DA ever lied? Or me? He had a lot.
    Last edited by Pile of Pandas; 02-18-2017 at 01:06 AM.

/me doubles over, laughing hysterically

You don't know much about the history of this server, do you?
    It is all my fault.

Has DA ever lied? Or me? He had a lot.
    At this point, there isn't any real reason to not come out with the number...