Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TAKE A VOTE/Bring back a old school server

-New Users-

Default version 3.6

I loved 3.6 version! I'm constantly looking for those to play. Sorry to say I don't like the new versions like Kingdoms and those. I'm old school love them!!!!

Without going into too much detail.

T3 is no longer possible to run on modern servers or browsers. Because of the age of the coding and the way the coding was built upon previous versions (unlike TK which was a complete fresh start) its not even possible to unravel the code and change it.
    T3 and its predecessors were written for browsers that are no longer available and use obsolete coding that is not supported by chrome, Edge or firefox now.

Previous posters have mentioned security and this is also a factor to migrate the database to a newer version broke it completely when it was tried. The cost, man hours etc to resurrect T3 makes it economically not viable and if we are completely honest to try to re-code T3 would not give you the same experience.

I have sat round a table in Munich having this discussion and all were in agreement that as nice as it would be for a new T3 server its never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by m.hudson View Post
    Without going into too much detail.

T3 is no longer possible to run on modern servers or browsers. Because of the age of the coding and the way the coding was built upon previous versions (unlike TK which was a complete fresh start) its not even possible to unravel the code and change it.
    T3 and its predecessors were written for browsers that are no longer available and use obsolete coding that is not supported by chrome, Edge or firefox now.

Previous posters have mentioned security and this is also a factor to migrate the database to a newer version broke it completely when it was tried. The cost, man hours etc to resurrect T3 makes it economically not viable and if we are completely honest to try to re-code T3 would not give you the same experience.

I have sat round a table in Munich having this discussion and all were in agreement that as nice as it would be for a new T3 server its never going to happen.
    I think what a lot of people want from it is the removal of the 4 attack per wave cap, no items (Thus removing the dailies) and better performance (likely through lower resolution graphics).

Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    I think what a lot of people want from it is the removal of the 4 attack per wave cap, no items (Thus removing the dailies) and better performance (likely through lower resolution graphics).
    I'd love to lose the 4 attacks/second limit. I think it has made players more apprehensive about attacking than they used to be. It's hard to convince people to send more than four waves, and people who can't manage multiple waves in the same second don't want to attack at all. The result is fewer places for defenders to cut into waves, which often means the few opportunities they do have are jumped on (which then reinforces the attacker apprehension).

S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    They didn't say the problem was in scripted bot accounts, they said it was with personal information security. It doesn't matter if you are a "good guy" if your opponent can get your password and use your own troops against you.
    Well, I agree with you. That was a post made by emotion. I loved the classic server ... I just wish there could be a way for it to come back.

there is always a way but it has to make money so there is your answer