Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hidden Oasis

Default Hidden Oasis

Have you ever wondered what an oasis would look like in real life? Well with the weather getting warmer now's your chance to go on an adventure of your own, to find an oasis near you! Take a picture of your oasis to be entered in a chance to win 250 free gold!

Prizes will consist of 250 gold for each category. The categories will include: "Best Photo", "Most Travianesque", "Most Creative" and "Most Serene". Winners will be selected by your fellow forum staff.

Use your imagination, even if you don't live near nature do not be discouraged! I have enough lettuce in my fridge to make a forest myself

Rules
    1. Must be an original photo.
    2. You may submit old photos, or newly taken ones - the timescale doesn't matter.
    3. Photoshopping is NOT allowed. The ONLY exception to this is that images may be cropped and/or resized and/or rotated for uploading. Any other visual edits are not allowed.
    4. Photos must be hosted online using sites such as photobucket, imageshack, tinypic, imgur, etc.
    5. Limit of 2 entries per person
    6. Entries may be made by posting in this thread or in the form of a pm to FA Slippery
    7. Deadline is Sunday June 28th 2015
    8. Staff members may not enter

My Oases. The Illinois Highway Oasis lol time for some summer road trips.

Oasis-1b.143104804_large.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
    If I don't attack any WWs, can I take credit for the win?

Trick question, of course I can. After all, here in the forum no rules apply. Folks just declare themselves the winner. Easier. No unpleasant bending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Pap is trying to do a wildfire with weird.

[/U]

And this barely had a beach, but it was just a beautiful place to relax:

Last edited by Sapient; 06-11-2015 at 05:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

Oh, and this is Battle Lynx's choice:

I'm not very bright.

Customer Service Team Grasshopper's Avatar

I know I can't officially enter, but figured I'd post one as well for giggles.

This is on my flight home in January 2014 from Portland, OR. Got a great shot of 4 of the well known mountains in the Cascade range on a beautiful, clear day. Mount Hood is in the foreground, followed by Mount St. Helens in the midground to the left and Mount Adams to the right, and finally Mount Rainier in the background. You can also see the height of the mountains by the low cloud cover well beneath the various mountain peaks.

p.s. Please excuse the well placed airline advertisement in the photo. Sadly I do not have super powers to fly at 30,000 feet in the air to take amazing shots like this. I needed to rely on the airplane taking me home

mar chiquita.jpg

A secluded beach in the northern coast of Puerto Rico where I like to escape for a few hours and where I would rather be instead of the winters I've spent in Boston.
    US1 - R8: Seba18 - TMH
    US1 - R9: Easy Faked Oven - RIP (http://travian-reports.net/us/report/284151238bd/http://travian-reports.net/us/report/293427537bc)
    US19 - R1: Seba18 (win)

Quote Originally Posted by Seba View Post
    mar chiquita.jpg

A secluded beach in the northern coast of Puerto Rico where I like to escape for a few hours and where I would rather be instead of the winters I've spent in Boston.
    I assume it's Chiquita sea, or Chiquita beach? Since Little girl sea sounds weird.
    I'm not very bright.

Here's an actual picture of Canada in July:

And this is New York in June:

S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

This is going to be tough....

Sap, I love that you are sharing your wonderful pictures but the limit is 2 entries. I will consider the first 2 your entries unless you state otherwise.

Senator

These are both from the monasteries at Meteora in Greece. Don't know if you'd classify these as nature pictures, but it's a pretty darn serene place, so I thought I'd share.

Edit: I forget how to resize, halp!
    Last edited by Former FA; 06-12-2015 at 02:31 PM. Reason: I got your back ;)
    My first hammer: s8r1 - mhisti
    Not my first hammer: s1r4 - Loved1

s1r7 - Ifrit 3,111,384 offense points

[6:49:56 PM] Bugzy: Let's report Ifrit for genocide

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    And this is New York in June:

I was there very recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I was there very recently.
    Shh! it's supposed to be hidden!

S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

This was taken at the Tulum Ruins, Cozumel, Mexico while I was on my Cruise in the Western Caribbean

Minnehaha Falls, Minneapolis, Minnesota. This was taken last summer, after it had calmed down a bit from all the rain we had received.

Last edited by SMOD polkadot; 06-13-2015 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Merging the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    Shh! it's supposed to be hidden!
    42.535956, -76.609183. How's a state park hidden?
    I'm not very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    42.535956, -76.609183. How's a state park hidden?
    It's a joke on the contest title. Though honestly one reason I like going to state parks around the country because they are more hidden (less crowded) than the National Parks (even the Canadian National Parks like my other photo).

I assume it's Chiquita sea, or Chiquita beach? Since Little girl sea sounds weird.
    Mar Chiquita in Manatí. How'd you know?
    US1 - R9: Easy Faked Oven - RIP (http://travian-reports.net/us/report/284151238bd/http://travian-reports.net/us/report/293427537bc)

I'm a ninja.
    I'm not very bright.

I'm a ninja.
    lol forgot I re-named the photo

Quote Originally Posted by Seba View Post
    lol forgot I re-named the photo
    Oh, i didn't even notice!
    I'm not very bright.

My oasis.. Located at Glan, Sarangani Province, Philippines

http://prntscr.com/7h7jyn
    http://prntscr.com/7h7k9t

From my home in Norway.
    Vinter and Summer.
    Best place on earth. Sugar water ,salt water and the mountains.

Pilot Mountain2.jpg

This is Pilot Mountain State Park, near my hometown Winston Salem, NC. This is my favorite place to go in EVERY summer for rock climbing, hiking, camping and just be one with Nature.

Chiquita could just mean 'small', chiquita mar could mean small sea. But the description in the photo is Mar Chiquita, so my guess is it just means an ocean, as in a photo of the ocean and small as in a small picture of the ocean.

The word for a little girl is usually chica or niña, but chiquita can also be used as a term for little girl, though usually in the tense of being the smallest in a group - for example la mas chiquita, the smallest one.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Chiquita could just mean 'small', chiquita mar could mean small sea. But the description in the photo is Mar Chiquita, so my guess is it just means an ocean, as in a photo of the ocean and small as in a small picture of the ocean.

The word for a little girl is usually chica or niña, but chiquita can also be used as a term for little girl, though usually in the tense of being the smallest in a group - for example la mas chiquita, the smallest one.
    Tu quires me mucho grande....
    I'm not very bright.

This is a picture taken outside of my home town in Zacatecaz, Mexico where there are clay rich field as far as the eye can see. In some places where there is no vegetation it kind of looks like the surface of Mars. I really like this picture because my home town is in the background while rain is rolling in on it.

DSC02502.JPG

may in canada.jpgthis picture was taken at our trailer on the lake on may 24 weekend

Can the photo be hosted on Google Drive or Pinterest?

I've been there!
    Last edited by Former FA; 06-16-2015 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Double posts make your eye lashes fall out and that, that is dangerous!

Quote Originally Posted by LiminalLife View Post
    Can the photo be hosted on Google Drive or Pinterest?

I've been there!
    Please use a site like photobucket, imageshack, tinypic, imgur or something similar. They are really quick to upload if you've never used one.

e03cd0e867b245ca09a81b10f4858c47.jpg

Took this picture roughly a year ago when I served in military (don't mind me sniping there, I have no photoshop skills to crop myself out). The "desert" was 20x20sq km, which is quite a lot here in Finland, where it's mostly forest:P

Tu quires me mucho grande....
    Clarisimo

Quote Originally Posted by OCB View Post
    e03cd0e867b245ca09a81b10f4858c47.jpg

Took this picture roughly a year ago when I served in military (don't mind me sniping there, I have no photoshop skills to crop myself out). The "desert" was 20x20sq km, which is quite a lot here in Finland, where it's mostly forest:P
    OMG, it's Chris Kyle!
    I'm not very bright.

After becoming a farm numerous times and surviving through 1-2 times
    I had started on my second USx server with a few other friends, I think it was r12 not sure.
    We were simming hard during the first week mostly cause we didn't have gold and we figured the only way to not be farmed would be to grow and raid harder than anyone else. Middle of the week we realized that we had a shot at getting our first climbers medal as we were ranked 5th.
    We started working with a new kind of vigour putting in day and night into the game. It was a very tight race but by midnight server time. It was 5 a.m. where we were the first week came to an end. Got the rank one climbers medal as well as the 4th ribbon for being in the top robbers of the week.
    Those were the first time I had won medals in Travian. It felt like a huge accomplishment. In our joyous ecstasy we went for incline sprints on this little highland nearby(We had not gotten too much exercise that week as we constantly worked on that account). It was a beautiful day, we felt we could achieve anything.
    Below is a picture of me once I reached the top of that hill. My hidden oasis. Clicked by my Dual to that account

DP.jpg

My second oasis.jpgMy oasis.jpg
    I know I have posted already, but I wanted to share these two, hand sketched oases. These are just fictional places, the product of my imagination...but just to share with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildfire8 View Post
    My Oases. The Illinois Highway Oasis lol time for some summer road trips.

Oasis-1b.143104804_large.jpg
    I've been there!!! This is actually called an oasis in Illinois, funny! I know there are quite a few in the Chicago area, but I hope this is the one closest to the airport off of 294. Not that it matters, but I stopped there recently on recent travels.
    Last edited by SMOD polkadot; 06-17-2015 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Merging Double Post

Oasis #1

100_1213_0087_zpsrzlrrcq8.jpg

Oasis #2 (what you might find way up north in Travian Land)

IMG_20130209_082803_645_zpslwgfcv33.jpg
    Last edited by SMOD polkadot; 06-17-2015 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Merging Double Post

I took this photo a few years ago when I still had my snowmobile and was always my favorite spot to go to in the spring.

323205_106207006155806_1299045960_o_zpsgf5lt8r6.jpg

This is a photo of my back. It was taken last year in august when I was working on a vessel taking part on a Bowhead whale research. This is on our way home and I always like going through here every year when we go hunting.

IMG_0846_zpsbradnhnv.jpg

Both photos are taken in my home town in Canada, Nunavut.
    It doesn't have to mean anything if it's thought provoking. Just make sure it looks like it was made by an intelligent person.

this is El nido palawan ^^
    where one of the current 7 world wonder is ^^

yet another one of El nido's wonder ^^
    Last edited by SMOD polkadot; 06-18-2015 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Merging Double Post

I looked thru almost 500 pictures from various vacations over the last 5 years and it was very difficult to narrow it down to only 2 choices, but here they are. I have never uploaded a picture online and rarely post to this forum, so not sure if I am doing it right.

Last edited by SMOD polkadot; 06-22-2015 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post

The beach is actually called Mar Chiquita.