Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Easter Caption Contest

One more peep out of you, and this will be you.

One more smell of you will repulse my urge to fish.. lol

"Ugh. This is the dumbest thing these kids have come up with. That fire isn't even believable. I don't even know if this thing will come off my sword! Please, I beg you, throw me away."

The deadline for submission is over. I will post the winners sometime today.

Have fun choosing.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

The following is a list of the 20 winners and their prizes. There were a few comments that suggested I was going to personally select the winners. I apologize if this disappoints some as that wasn't the case. Winners and prizes were determined by using random.org Each 'caption' was determined an entry with a maximum of 3 entries per participant. If you see your name on the list below please contact me with the server and account name you would like to claim your prize on.

captainrick 25 gold
    thor/spice 25 gold
    alliancer 100 gold
    bemac 50 gold
    helix the grey 50 gold
    chymera 100 gold
    givens43 25 gold
    5m4llp0x 100 gold
    cofc 25 gold
    time97 25 gold
    huggywuggy 50 gold
    odinloki 25 gold
    summer 50 gold
    freeflowpk 100 gold
    avowed 25 gold
    rogue15 100 gold
    psychopomp 25 gold
    osiris1023 25 gold
    pinkblade 50 gold
    Edited please 25 gold

If you have any feedback regarding this event please feel free to post here in thread or pm me. Thank to all those who participated and stay tuned for our next contest!

oh they're random? that's kinda silly. doesn't inspire much creativity.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

I think you should pick your top 10 and then run a poll on the best. No gold, but a worthy win still to come?
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

I do not have an account, so I shall just roll around in my pile of gold. I will lord over it like Smaug over the Dwarven Kingdom, but instead of sleeping inside it I will rub the coins on my nipples and enact a few scenes from Katie Perry's California Girls.

Yeah maybe if we give the caption thing another go (it seemed very popular) I'll ask some of the other staff to be on a team to select the winners. I just wanted a fun fair way for everyone to win gold. I loved the responses, they were hilarious. The contests and giving gold away is something we've tried in the past but could never get the participation level. It's a work in progress which is why I keep asking for feedback

I could use more gold for my pile.

Quote Originally Posted by FA Slippery View Post
    I just wanted a fun fair way for everyone to win gold.
    Meaningless. Why Rules: Limit of three entries per person? In fact, it is not necessary creativity, it is not necessary to come up with creative! Enough to leave a smiley face and randomly win a prize.
    I congratulate the winners.

Quote Originally Posted by _w_ View Post
    Meaningless. Why Rules: Limit of three entries per person? In fact, it is not necessary creativity, it is not necessary to come up with creative! Enough to leave a smiley face and randomly win a prize.
    I congratulate the winners.
    I appreciate your feedback. It seems like several others agree that we should have selected the winners based on the most creative entries. I will be sure to be more specific when creating the contests as well as take this feedback to the rest of the team for future competitions.

How is it a contest if winners are randomly selected? That's not a contest - it is a raffle.

What a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco View Post
    How is it a contest if winners are randomly selected? That's not a contest - it is a raffle.

What a disappointment.
    I just saw this now. Yeah, I definitely agree that it's a disappointment. I mean, I don't think my entries would've won, but I definitely think that whoever put the most effort in or whoever had the flat-out funniest post should've gotten the prize. You nailed it right on the head when you called it a raffle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco View Post

What a disappointment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Givens43 View Post
    I just saw this now. Yeah, I definitely agree that it's a disappointment. I mean, I don't think my entries would've won, but I definitely think that whoever put the most effort in or whoever had the flat-out funniest post should've gotten the prize. You nailed it right on the head when you called it a raffle.
    Thank you both for your comments. Going forward I will be more specific when starting the 'contests'. We did a 'give-a-way' around Christmas but that was phrased as 12 days of giving. Either way, message received. Next caption contest, may the most creative and hilarious win!

I knew it would be random draw just by the way the OP was worded and the fact that we each got 3 entries, and the fact that there would be 20 winners. I see nothing wrong with the way things were done (except that I wasn't one of the lucky winners). Yes, it could be more clear, but it didn't have to be.