Thread: Farm Finder

Default Farm Finder

http://travian.lordy.us/

originally posted in s1 only, but i updated for all 5 servers now. make sure to select the server you are on.

check it out.

it's very rudimentary, but it'll find you the people closest to you, and it has links to some of their info (player, alliance, and attack village link).

i plan on working on it to make it a bit better overall, (especially if anyone remembers ze's farm finder.) I'll add some more stuff later tonight (something like an activity calculator, based on how much the village was built)

let me know if you want me to add anything, or if it's even useful for you. if it is useful, i'll continue working on it and if anyone has suggestions, let me know.

it will update everyday between 2 AM to 2:30 am EST (depending on if map.sql is updated, and the server)

also, if you know what the &c= is at the end of village URLs, and how to calculate, please let me know so I can link to villages too. (more/less info in thread below)

http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=15721

does speed not count as a server anymore?

what about server 3x. would you put that on there.
    you dont have s3x

duh... youre using the wrong link...

http://speed.travian.us/map.sql

thanks, adding

sorry, i don't play speed looked to me like it said sX.travian.us

edit:it's up now
    Last edited by Lordy; 03-06-2008 at 12:43 AM.

Wow... I searched, and found myself listed .
    I used to have a better signature, but then it was mercilessly slaughtered. May it rest in peace.

you mean by coordinates?

it's just a list of closest villages! use discretion when attacking.

i'll be able to provide more information on who to attack later on, based on some ratings that i devise

When i get to 1000 pop. and you use this to exploit my godliness, I'll farm your capital and message you 'All your bases are belong to us' every time I raid you.That is, if i get that far.
    http://synsterr.myminicity.com<---------has website that shows 1 lego owning 50 legos

Thanks Lordy.

It's pretty cool, I like the fact that it's much easier to determine attack time with the distances you've provided rather than the pythagorem theorem.

This rocks!
    Could it also have what race the village is?
    Thanks!

EDIT:
    Just found the symbol that shows race. I was looking for it spelled out like the alliance, but this makes more sense since ther are only three options. Sorry.

Last edited by Nati_A; 03-07-2008 at 04:39 PM.

Is it possible to list whether someone is still under beginner's protection?

Great tool, but all the villages near me are already farmed by me and others, or empty of resources.
    "All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others."
    George Orwell

yes, i can add if they are in newb protection or not, but it'll only be a rough estimate of the day, not the time that they will come out. i will base it off 7 days after they come into map.sql that they are off newb protection.

also, it's to find all the people close to you, so you dont always have to find the clsoests, you should expand your radius if you are already raiding them all

Does this pull information from the server, or is it the map at night or something?
    I are teh troll.

This does not show inactives this shows all players around you. If you are looking for inactives this is not the place to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargate View Post
    Does this pull information from the server, or is it the map at night or something?
    yeah, it's the map at night, based off map.sql

@ttccs, yes it's a farm finder, not inactive finder
    i will code it to make a best-judgement guess on whether a player is inactive though.

although, to me, everyone is a farm

Quote Originally Posted by Lordy View Post
    yes, i can add if they are in newb protection or not, but it'll only be a rough estimate of the day, not the time that they will come out. i will base it off 7 days after they come into map.sql that they are off newb protection.

also, it's to find all the people close to you, so you dont always have to find the clsoests, you should expand your radius if you are already raiding them all
    Yep, all the noobs in my 7x7 have been pushed out, or soon will be. The same is true of the ones north, south, east, and west of me.

Oh yeah, I just checked. The stats on the farm finder are a few days old. If it helps, I'm on the Speed server. My village has doubled in size since the stats listed.
    "All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others."
    George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by hchanman View Post
    Yep, all the noobs in my 7x7 have been pushed out, or soon will be. The same is true of the ones north, south, east, and west of me.

Oh yeah, I just checked. The stats on the farm finder are a few days old. If it helps, I'm on the Speed server. My village has doubled in size since the stats listed.

hmm, i see.

updated, and looking into the problem.

you can read a 4-6 hour radius

especially since it's speed, i think you are only doing 1 hour with your 7x7 and the ones around you (equivalently making a 21x21?) or is that 1.5 hours?

Default suggestion

I'd got a suggestion... could you make it so whenyou click on the little magnifying glass (to see user info) that it opens a new window? It would make it easier to keep the finder open always and dispatch your troops/scouts int he new window (then close it when you're done.)

How often does it update? I know a few villages delete off speed, but showed up still on the finder for another 2-3 days.

wow this is cool... it doesn't show realtime though. that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Castor Troy9283 View Post
    wow this is cool... it doesn't show realtime though. that would be awesome.
    That would be illegal.

This tool draws from a text file, which is updated once daily.

-w_w

90% of teens today would die if Myspace was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

Lightbulb A couple of suggestions

-Add a "center map" link, so that if the village doesn't exist anymore it's easier to confirm that (currently profile link gives a blank page, and attack link appears to work normally at first)
    -Add a way to see change in population from the previous day's query, so it's easier to tell if someone's inactive.
    -Also, I second the nomination for links opening in a new window. (I think common internet practice these days is to always do that for external links, or at least it ought to be. =)

Thumbs up

All in all, a nice utility.

how's the updates going?

some of this info is still uptodate, but there's a lot of names that have deleted themselves, some that have grown, and some that havent.

it is great though