Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to make the population growth faster

Default How to make the population growth faster

How to make the population growth faster? I've tried upgrading wheat field but I don't see any difference. What is the best way to grow faster?

Now, where's my pitchfork? Nickster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beast King03 View Post
    How to make the population growth faster? I've tried upgrading wheat field but I don't see any difference. What is the best way to grow faster?
    other resources (Wood,clay,iron) should help you alot, then switch to raiding and building
    wheat is to expand your growth to get more pop

oh yeah if you are a teuton you should also raid as well as build up resources
    Nickster, Pissing off Eastern Canadians since 1995.

Quote Originally Posted by Theo View Post
    I hate you, Taranis. Can't even let me have my fun.

90% of teens today would die if Myspace was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

Live forum live!

Population comes from all other buildings. You see it as the fifth cost of building something, the wheat with the red line through it.

Most good players don't want to increase their population for the sake of getting a higher number... but iron mines are usually a good bet.

Now, where's my pitchfork? Nickster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Narodnik View Post
    Population comes from all other buildings. You see it as the fifth cost of building something, the wheat with the red line through it.

Most good players don't want to increase their population for the sake of getting a higher number... but iron mines are usually a good bet.
    haha i beat you Nar
    Nickster, Pissing off Eastern Canadians since 1995.

Quote Originally Posted by Theo View Post
    I hate you, Taranis. Can't even let me have my fun.

90% of teens today would die if Myspace was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

Live forum live!

thx, I'm not doing this to to show off my pop but to make my resource growth faster. More people, more resource every hour

My duty is to the bribe!. Tinasilna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beast King03 View Post
    thx, I'm not doing this to to show off my pop but to make my resource growth faster. More people, more resource every hour
    Thats like one of my jokes about my men not working hard enough to bring in more resources ...

T.

I agree with Woden on this. Don't focus on your population being pretty. Actually, in early game be afraid/watch those with LESS pop and/or those that are growing slower.

It's quite possible they're just not that active. It's also quite possible they don't care about pop and are just building troops...

one word for quick pop growth : Gold.

Now, where's my pitchfork? Tassie's Avatar

I saw somewhere here (and can't find now!) the proper balance of troops to pop if you're here to really play the game and not simming or just trying to build a huge army to run about and bite people. If you have say 500 pop and 250 of them are troops is that about the right balance at that point?
    Another from the land ɹǝpunuʍop!

Thumbs up The Above is correct but not complete...

Quote Originally Posted by Narodnik View Post

The Fifth number that you see shows your correct pop if you have no troops. Otherwise, in most cases, it will show your pop consumption plus the wheat consumption of your troops. It is really only showing you the consumption of your village. Building resources will increase your pop because it takes worker to farm resources. So by looking at the wheat consumption of any building or resource you want to make you will see how much that will increase your pop. There are exceptions, but for the most part that is how I understand it to work. Please, respond if I am incorrect on anything, or have left anything out.

I forgot to mention upgrading wheat. It does not increase your pop. the best reason i can come up with is it cancels itself out. It says it consumes 1 wheat an hr but once upgraded the wheat consumption # does not go up. This is not an adding problem as your wheat production goes up exactly as it says it will. I think it is just already accounted four. Meaning, by upgrading your wheat from 2 to 3 it really goes up to 46 but subtract 1 for the consumption and you get 45 with no actual change in your listed consumption and thus no change in your pop.

As I said above. feel free to reply. I hope this info helps.
    Last edited by dbeeve3; 10-23-2008 at 07:13 AM.