Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 357

Thread: Christian Mythology Logic

  1. #1

    Default Christian Mythology Logic



    That is all.

    Edit: Oh yeah, this thread is for funny Anti Christian Mythology (or Pro Logic) humor.



    Last edited by Sapient; 05-17-2013 at 06:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

  2. #2

    Default

    Christian logic you say?

    God is understood to be a being than which no greater can be conceived. The idea of God exists in the mind. A being which exists both in the mind and in reality is greater than a being that exists only in the mind. If God only exists in the mind, then we can conceive of a greater being—that which exists in reality. We cannot be imagining something that is greater than God.
    Therefore, God exists.

  3. #3
    Philosopher Jacana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Solving Agatha Christie's problems.
    Posts
    11,523

  4. #4

    Default

    Warning: Some hand gestures may be NSFW.


  5. #5

    Default

    DarkMatter2525 is the best guy ever on youtube.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

  6. #6
    Philosopher Daft Punk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Not even mad
    Posts
    2,676

    Default

    Fitting that they chose Handel as the background music for the "models" of Christian faith.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daft Punk View Post
    Fitting that they chose Handel as the background music for the "models" of Christian faith.
    Go listen to your devil music!



























    Last edited by Sapient; 05-17-2013 at 09:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

  8. #8

    Default

    I like his most recent one and it does raise a good point, too. If super heroes behaved like god we'd be less apt to watch them. I really don't wanna see Batman killing the first born of every child. Or Superman flooding Metropolis because of the crime. Or Spiderman letting murderers do their thing because it 'interferes with free will' yet suffocating people in a web for disobeying his demands. These just don't seem like good things.

  9. #9

    Default

    I haven't seen that one. Sounds like a pretty apt comparison.
    Last edited by Sapient; 05-18-2013 at 03:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

  10. #10

    Default

    I didn't wanna post it because most of his videos have strong language.

  11. #11

    Default

    I guess Christian Moderators like to delete my videos because they disagree with their views...pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

  12. #12
    Slippery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Right here!
    Posts
    1,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    I guess Christian Moderators like to delete my videos because they disagree with their views...pathetic.
    For the record I am not a Christian and if you wish to discuss the real reason why your video is removed there should be a message in your inbox from when it was deleted that you are more than welcome to reply to

  13. #13

    Default

    Flexin the super. A whole new mod on a power trip to be retrained.
    Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach
    Stop tooting on flutes and go read a book.

  14. #14
    Slippery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Right here!
    Posts
    1,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Quinn View Post
    Flexin the super. A whole new mod on a power trip to be retrained.
    Retrained? Honey that is so adorable but I'm a pro... there is no power trip here. I am a bit hard to handle at times though

  15. #15

    Default

    Did the fundie atheists run out of comic strips or did ADHD get the best of them? Not even 1 full page mocking Christian logic... how depressing.
    Excuse me for disagreeing that your degeneracy is sacred.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery View Post
    For the record I am not a Christian and if you wish to discuss the real reason why your video is removed there should be a message in your inbox from when it was deleted that you are more than welcome to reply to
    So the unwritten precedent of putting "Explicit Language" in the title no longer applies? Because for at least 6 years it has. But I'm sorry, you having a stick in an uncomfortable place has nothing to do with you flexing your S-mod powers or because of the Santa Claus fiasco, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Eb0l is the alpha and the omega
    The eternal pumpkin queen, and mother of gerbils
    So it was written and so it must forever be

  18. #18
    Slippery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Right here!
    Posts
    1,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    So the unwritten precedent of putting "Explicit Language" in the title no longer applies? Because for at least 6 years it has. But I'm sorry, you having a stick in an uncomfortable place has nothing to do with you flexing your S-mod powers or because of the Santa Claus fiasco, huh?
    I am actually already checking on this Because I had someone before you discontent and it's not the first instance I've seen recently. But this isn't really the place to discuss that. I merely thought I ought to straighten out your slighted view on why I removed the post in the first place. Silly me, I thought I was clear.... I'll keep trying

  19. #19

  20. #20
    Philosopher Belladonna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Among your myelinating glia-oligodendrocytes
    Posts
    4,329

    Default

    That video didn't belong in Gen Chat especially without a NSFW warning (I edited in the warning until I or someone else had time to review the video). If an imagine or video contains language normally caught by the language filter it doesn't belong in Gen Chat. That's it. If you wish to discuss this further take it to PM with a staff member.

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery View Post
    I am actually already checking on this Because I had someone before you discontent and it's not the first instance I've seen recently.
    Discontent with your interpretation of the rule, or with my posts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
    That video didn't belong in Gen Chat especially without a NSFW warning (I edited in the warning until I or someone else had time to review the video). If an imagine or video contains language normally caught by the language filter it doesn't belong in Gen Chat. That's it. If you wish to discuss this further take it to PM with a staff member.
    I don't like when you guys edit my posts without showing you edited them...it's unfair.
    Last edited by Scarecrow; 05-21-2013 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Dp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

  22. #22
    Slippery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Right here!
    Posts
    1,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    Discontent with your interpretation of the rule, or with my posts?
    Discontent with my interpretation... I'm not always right and I'm able to admit that and stay open minded about changing my views. But alas, I am right in this situation *sigh* feels good sometimes!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    I don't like when you guys edit my posts without showing you edited them...it's unfair.
    That's a special Bella thing

  23. #23

  24. #24
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    When were these books originally written?
    In what language were they written?
    How do you know the translations are perfect?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006V4NVP0
    US1 - Redemption. US2 - Luisss.

    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  25. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    Luissssss, why doesn't god himself give us an updated version that clears up all translation issues and denounces all the other religions? I mean his book mentions nothing about mormons or pastafarians nor does it bash Hindus. The only ones I remember it talking about are the Jews and the Pagans.

    Why won't god update his instruction manual for us and clear up the confusion?

    (welcome back- I've missed this)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Eb0l is the alpha and the omega
    The eternal pumpkin queen, and mother of gerbils
    So it was written and so it must forever be

  26. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    When were these books originally written?
    In what language were they written?
    How do you know the translations are perfect?
    Oh that ******** argument. "I will follow the book to the letter, but argue that it was all mistranslations!"

  27. #27
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Luissssss, why doesn't god himself give us an updated version that clears up all translation issues and denounces all the other religions? I mean his book mentions nothing about mormons or pastafarians nor does it bash Hindus. The only ones I remember it talking about are the Jews and the Pagans.

    Why won't god update his instruction manual for us and clear up the confusion?

    (welcome back- I've missed this)
    Well, according to the instruction manual, the way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ. That's about as simple of an instruction as it gets. What do you think needs updating?

    (thanks!)
    US1 - Redemption. US2 - Luisss.

    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  28. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    Well, according to the instruction manual, the way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ. That's about as simple of an instruction as it gets. What do you think needs updating?

    (thanks!)
    The hypocrisy, "mistranslations", and other such bull****.

  29. #29
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    The hypocrisy, "mistranslations", and other such bull****.
    A challenge then?

    Find one point from the bible that you believe hypocritical.

    I'm not asking for a link, I'm asking for you to point to a verse (or several) that you believes displays hypocrisy, and why.
    US1 - Redemption. US2 - Luisss.

    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  30. #30

    Default

    Someone accept his challenge, damn it!
    Excuse me for disagreeing that your degeneracy is sacred.

  31. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    A challenge then?

    Find one point from the bible that you believe hypocritical.

    I'm not asking for a link, I'm asking for you to point to a verse (or several) that you believes displays hypocrisy, and why.
    Exodus 22:18
    Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.
    http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/1sam/28.html
    It's cool for Saul to hang with witches, but not anyone else?

  32. #32
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    Exodus 22:18
    Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.
    http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/1sam/28.html
    It's cool for Saul to hang with witches, but not anyone else?
    First, you specifically broke the challenge by citing a link. I asked for your personal knowledge, not a secondhand source.

    Second, did you read the verses you highlighted in your link? They speak of God shunning Saul. Specifically, it states "The Lord answered him not" - Saul states "God has departed from me", and the passage goes on to say the following:

    28:18 Because thou obeyedst not the voice of the LORD, nor executedst his fierce wrath upon Amalek, therefore hath the LORD done this thing unto thee this day.

    So what verse do you believe shows God's approval of Saul's actions in regards to witches?
    US1 - Redemption. US2 - Luisss.

    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  33. #33
    Philosopher Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Posts
    13,251

    Default

    I think there's a verse somewhere that says "Let your yes be yes and your no be no". Pretty sure it's referring to ragequitting internet forums :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    OMG, Wodey found a woman who agrees with him. He must be right, cos all women are always right all the time.

  34. #34

    Default

    Read it again. He prayed, no answer, so he went to another source.
    God's angry at him for not killing all the Amalekites, not for the witch.

    There's another big one, too.
    Exodus
    20:13 Thou shalt not kill. (Except when god tells you to to commit genocide?)
    Or for not knowing God. (2 Thessalonians 1:7-9)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    I think there's a verse somewhere that says "Let your yes be yes and your no be no". Pretty sure it's referring to ragequitting internet forums :P
    You mean this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    These forums are taking time away from both my academic and religious commitments.

    I won't be posting anymore. Goodbye and God Bless.

    *Que the "He's done this before posts"*

  35. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    Read it again. He prayed, no answer, so he went to another source.
    God's angry at him for not killing all the Amalekites, not for the witch.
    Saul went to a sorceress/medium and the spirit she conjured (Samuel) is the one who told Saul God is angry at him for not killing the Amalekites, he will lose Israel and his life for it, and David will now be running things. That means the medium was speaking those words under the pretense they came from the spirit of a dead guy named Samuel.

    2 chapters later, outnumbered and under God's protection, David starts destroying the Amalekites because they were slavers and scumbags. Then Saul kills himself in the next chapter when Israel is defeated and he is surrounded by Palastines.

    So your problem with this gripping drama is you think God is fine with Saul hanging out with witches while he forbids everyone else?

    Wouldn't it be easier to argue that if the bible is truth, that means mediums must exist. Then you demand the Christian prove dead people can speak through certain living people (mediums). Mention how Houdini debunked the existence of mediums. If they somehow prove mediums exist, that means they are a witch and God commands us to kill them.

    Checkmate.
    Excuse me for disagreeing that your degeneracy is sacred.

  36. #36

    Default

    I did go with 10 commandments vs god commanding genocide. That is a bit hypocritical, especially since HE told Moses what the commandments are.

  37. #37
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    I think there's a verse somewhere that says "Let your yes be yes and your no be no". Pretty sure it's referring to ragequitting internet forums :P
    All have sinned and fallen short . I certainly have my shortcomings, as does everyone else.

    Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    Read it again. He prayed, no answer, so he went to another source.
    God's angry at him for not killing all the Amalekites, not for the witch.

    There's another big one, too.
    Exodus
    20:13 Thou shalt not kill. (Except when god tells you to to commit genocide?)
    Or for not knowing God. (2 Thessalonians 1:7-9)

    You mean this?
    For the first point - Basically what Erbal said.

    For your second point, there are plenty of instances in which killing is morally acceptable. What's hypocritical about God punishing his creation through others?

    Or do you really think a Heavenly being is hypocritical by not following the rules that he set forth for his creation?
    US1 - Redemption. US2 - Luisss.

    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  38. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    All have sinned and fallen short . I certainly have my shortcomings, as does everyone else.



    For the first point - Basically what Erbal said.

    For your second point, there are plenty of instances in which killing is morally acceptable. What's hypocritical about God punishing his creation through others?

    Or do you really think a Heavenly being is hypocritical by not following the rules that he set forth for his creation?
    He said "thou shalt not kill" not "Thou shalt not kill, except when convenient". Also, he could have done it himself, instead of forcing people to break commandments. Especially since breaking them is punishable by damnation and hellfire.
    And yes, yes I do. Especially since that is the very definition of hypocrisy.
    hypocrisy [hɪˈpɒkrəsɪ]
    n pl -sies
    1. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc., contrary to one's real character or actual behaviour, esp the pretence of virtue and piety

    He demands that we do not kill one another, but orders and (sometimes) even carries out the death of people.
    Last edited by 5m4llP0X; 05-21-2013 at 01:30 PM.

  39. #39
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    He said "thou shalt not kill" not "Thou shalt not kill, except when convenient".
    The bible also says that you reap what you sow. If you sin, you are punished. How God chooses to punish you (whether it be lightning strike or by allowing the local robber to get into your home) is ultimately His choice. That said, He never forces anyone to do anything.

    And yes, yes I do. Especially since that is the very definition of hypocrisy.
    In order to be hypocritical, wouldn't God have to say that He follows the rules He creates for humans?

    Why on earth would a transcendental being have to follow the rules it creates for their creation (who is less intelligent, less powerful, and born with sin)?
    US1 - Redemption. US2 - Luisss.

    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  40. #40

    Default

    Hey Luissssssssss,

    I thought of this all by myself. If the bible is truth, that means mediums must exist. Then you must prove dead people can speak through certain living people (mediums).

    It's a good challenge isn't it. I'm glad I thought of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Eb0l is the alpha and the omega
    The eternal pumpkin queen, and mother of gerbils
    So it was written and so it must forever be

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •