Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian Mythology Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Hey Luissssssssss,

I thought of this all by myself. If the bible is truth, that means mediums must exist. Then you must prove dead people can speak through certain living people (mediums).

It's a good challenge isn't it. I'm glad I thought of that.
    If you assume the bible is truth then the challenge is already met.
    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    If you assume the bible is truth then the challenge is already met.
    I'm gonna need a minute. Please just ignore this next part.

(psssst Erbal, what do I say now?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Eb0l is the alpha and the omega
    The eternal pumpkin queen, and mother of gerbils
    So it was written and so it must forever be

Or do you really think a Heavenly being is hypocritical by not following the rules that he set forth for his creation?
    I'm personally not a fan of 'do as I say, not as I do'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Hey Luissssssssss,

I thought of this all by myself. If the bible is truth, that means mediums must exist. Then you must prove dead people can speak through certain living people (mediums).

It's a good challenge isn't it. I'm glad I thought of that.

Long Island Medium

The bible also says that you reap what you sow. If you sin, you are punished. How God chooses to punish you (whether it be lightning strike or by allowing the local robber to get into your home) is ultimately His choice. That said, He never forces anyone to do anything.
    No, but if you disobey him you'll end up worse than Job during god's bet with satan. which sounds like a completely wise idea!
    In order to be hypocritical, wouldn't God have to say that He follows the rules He creates for humans?

Why on earth would a transcendental being have to follow the rules it creates for their creation (who is less intelligent, less powerful, and born with sin)?
    Simple: practice what you preach.
    hyp·o·crite
    noun \ˈhi-pə-ˌkrit\
    1: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
    2: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings
    Your very comment makes your god a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    That is all.

Edit: Oh yeah, this thread is for funny Anti Christian Mythology (or Pro Logic) humor.
    I guess the theme is pics that parody christianity that we've all already seen, here's my personal favorite that is an oldie but goodie.

Gee, luoooser leaves and comes back and starts arguments about his religion. Who would have thought. If that is all you are going to do please just leave, things were getting a bit better. I don't care about your god, quit talking about him all the dam time.
    Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach
    Stop tooting on flutes and go read a book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Quinn View Post
    Gee, luoooser leaves and comes back and starts arguments about his religion. Who would have thought. If that is all you are going to do please just leave, things were getting a bit better. I don't care about your god, quit talking about him all the dam time.
    Something tells me he has it ping him whenever words like 'Christian', 'god' or 'Logic' are used.

He just argues it to death. He doesn't understand each person having an opinion and they might be differant.

He just argues it to death. He doesn't understand each person having an opinion and they might be different.
    That part is moot. I pointed out hypocrisy and now he's trying to justify it because he thinks it'll make it 'not hypocrisy'. When you speak in absolutes (as the 10 commandments do) then have minions go against them that's hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I'm personally not a fan of 'do as I say, not as I do'.
    You're also not a transcendental being talking to your creation, so that makes sense.

His rules are essentially how humans should act by virtue of their humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by 5m4llP0X View Post
    No, but if you disobey him you'll end up worse than Job during god's bet with satan. which sounds like a completely wise idea!
    Yet so many people choose the idea, don't they?

Simple: practice what you preach.
    hyp·o·crite
    noun \ˈhi-pə-ˌkrit\
    1: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
    2: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings
    Your very comment makes your god a hypocrite.
    You want him to practice being a human? He has laws that are meant for humans because they are human, why on earth would He follow those laws seeing as he is not one? If you train a dog to poop outside it doesn't mean you're hypocritical because you don't poop outside. You're different and follow different rules than a dog - the same applies in the situation of God/Man.

I started an argument? This whole thread is bashing the Christian religion, I would think its the exact opposite.

I started an argument? This whole thread is bashing the Christian religion, I would think its the exact opposite.
    Then stop derailing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

Yet so many people choose the idea, don't they?
    He's kinda stopped talking to people and demanding specific people to do things. When is the last time he told someone to kill another? Or commit genocide?
    You want him to practice being a human? He has laws that are meant for humans because they are human, why on earth would He follow those laws seeing as he is not one? If you train a dog to poop outside it doesn't mean you're hypocritical because you don't poop outside. You're different and follow different rules than a dog - the same applies in the situation of God/Man.
    You're reaching, horribly, but I'll bite (mainly because there's jack all else on the forums worth discussing). Shall I bother to mention that animals don't have the reasoning skills to understand why we hold it for a toilet? I could go into that argument, but it's really not worth it. The simple explanation is: we train a dog to go outside because they can't use the toilet. Many cat owners are training their cats to poop in toilets because cats can easily do that. If they actually created a toilet for animals to use, I could guarantee you that people would install it because poop is disgusting. No one wants to smell it, see it, pick it up, step in it, or even know it exists. (Well, except Germans. But they're strange people)

I could also go into he didn't "preach humans" because that's not something you "preach". He created us than gave us a code of ethics to live by, which he than broke to all hell and back at his own convenience.

To be fair, that was Sapient who began it.
    You're also not a transcendental being talking to your creation, so that makes sense.
    His rules are essentially how humans should act by virtue of their humanity.
    =\

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

=\
    No, this thread was about people posting on the topic,it turned into debate when luiss showed up. You do not have an understanding of fair.

I didn't start any argument. I simply created a thread for pics of Anti-Christian Mythology sentiment. That's not asking for opposing views, debates, or discussion. Just lulz of illogical views.
    I'm not very bright.

If you believe its a derailment I'll leave the discussion where it stands.

P0x, I'll PM you a response in a bit!

I find it interesting that a thread like this is even allowed to exist, though. A whole thread dedicated to bashing a religion through images. It's almost like this isn't the fist time its happened. Oh well.

Hit the road jack and don't ya come back no more no more

Among your myelinating glia-oligodendrocytes

Quote Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
    Hey Bella..I have a tongue like Gene Simmons.

couldn't you get banned for sugesting a mod has a tight place?

Among your myelinating glia-oligodendrocytes

I'm gonna need a minute. Please just ignore this next part.

(psssst Erbal, what do I say now?)
    The challenge was to prove mediums exist.
    The only assumption made was proof of mediums is proof the bible's the truth.
    Excuse me for disagreeing that your degeneracy is sacred.

And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

I find it interesting that a thread like this is even allowed to exist, though. A whole thread dedicated to bashing a religion through images. It's almost like this isn't the fist time its happened. Oh well.
    If you would like, you can create a Pro-Christian Mythology thread and put all your illogical stances in there. But don't try to clutter my thread with them.
    I'm not very bright.

That part is moot. I pointed out hypocrisy and now he's trying to justify it because he thinks it'll make it 'not hypocrisy'. When you speak in absolutes (as the 10 commandments do) then have minions go against them that's hypocritical.
    So you're saying that telling someone "Thou Shalt Not Kill" one day, then telling them "Now go kill all of those people... even their wives, kids and all their animals, too!" is hypocrisy? No....

He's kinda stopped talking to people and demanding specific people to do things. When is the last time he told someone to kill another? Or commit genocide?
    If you listen to a large number of killers & mass-murderers, he's been telling lots of people to kill other people...

At least their not Graven Images...
    TCG says... sign your -Rep, cowards. I don't -Rep people just because they -Rep me.
    The Dinosaur says: (img)Image removed (/img) http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/x...eSignature.png

Oh boy, now people are arguing "Thou Shalt Not Kill" means we can't kill animals for food?

Quote Originally Posted by Erbal View Post
    Oh boy, now people are arguing "Thou Shalt Not Kill" means we can't kill animals for food?
    Nope... the Hebrews weren't allowed to eat those animals. They were to be wiped out because they belonged to the enemy.
    TCG says... sign your -Rep, cowards. I don't -Rep people just because they -Rep me.
    The Dinosaur says: (img)Image removed (/img) http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/x...eSignature.png

So they can't kill animals for food? Isn't that what I said you were arguing?

If the Hebrews weren't allowed to kill animals for food, why were they allowed to commit genocide? Your arguments are amusing.

So they can't kill animals for food? Isn't that what I said you were arguing?

If the Hebrews weren't allowed to kill animals for food, why were they allowed to commit genocide? Your arguments are amusing.
    Your ignorance is showing... along with your deliberate attempts to misunderstand the words I used.

Because, you know, the connotations of "Murder" are exactly the same as the ones for "Kill"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    OMG, Wodey found a woman who agrees with him. He must be right, cos all women are always right all the time.

If you notice, Agnostic and Atheist have the most money in them.

I'm not very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat Goddess View Post
    Nope... the Hebrews weren't allowed to eat those animals.
    Why couldn't they eat the animals!?

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post

If you notice, Agnostic and Atheist have the most money in them.
    Buddhist looks to be doing okay. I like the hairband in there too, because the average Buddhist probably doesn't have much use for it; and that guy has one hell of a beard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacana View Post
    Buddhist looks to be doing okay. I like the hairband in there too, because the average Buddhist probably doesn't have much use for it; and that guy has one hell of a beard.
    It looks like a bracelet.
    I'm not very bright.

Why couldn't they eat the animals!?
    Because they were animals owned by the tribes that were the enemies of the Hebrews... thus, they were "unclean".

Even worse, they couldn't eat any of the fruits or crops grown by the enemy. In fact, the ground that the enemy grew crops in was so "unclean" that the Hebrews weren't allowed to eat their own crops grown in that soil for a year (actually, two years... but the second year's worth of crops were to be sacrificed to their God so the land could be "purified").

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Because, you know, the connotations of "Murder" are exactly the same as the ones for "Kill"
    While I will admit that the most likely translation of the Commandment is "Thou Shalt Not Murder", the standard translation is "Thou Shalt Not Kill". Also, there's a big difference between killing enemy soldiers and killing non-combatant women & children. The latter usually falling under most people's definition of "Murder" or "Slaughter".
    Last edited by The Cat Goddess; 05-23-2013 at 08:24 PM.

Because they were animals owned by the tribes that were the enemies of the Hebrews... thus, they were "unclean".

Even worse, they couldn't eat any of the fruits or crops grown by the enemy. In fact, the ground that the enemy grew crops in was so "unclean" that the Hebrews weren't allowed to eat their own crops grown in that soil for a year (actually, two years... but the second year's worth of crops were to be sacrificed to their God so the land could be "purified").

While I will admit that the most likely translation of the Commandment is "Thou Shalt Not Murder", the standard translation is "Thou Shalt Not Kill". Also, there's a big difference between killing enemy soldiers and killing non-combatant women & children. The latter usually falling under most people's definition of "Murder" or "Slaughter".
    Either go frolick with your partner in Texas, or make your own religion debate thread, but you can't either here...
    I'm not very bright.

If you believe its a derailment I'll leave the discussion where it stands.
    P0x, I'll PM you a response in a bit!
    So, a continuation of that wonderful debate LuissSsSssSSSsss and I are having.

I think it's safe to say that I'm winning.
    Last edited by 5m4llP0X; 05-23-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Neat story. And what is the root source for all this? By any chance did a single Hebrew happen to claim God commanded him to essentially commit genocide against his enemy? Or did God tell all the Hebrews what he did and did not want done with their enemies?

Are you satisfied with the credibility of the source?

While I will admit that the most likely translation of the Commandment is "Thou Shalt Not Murder", the standard translation is "Thou Shalt Not Kill".
    There is no standard version or translation of the commandments. Sorry. Feel free to prove there is a standard translation.

If it's don't kill instead of don't murder, how could we survive if we never killed plants or animals? We can't ever defend ourselves from a grave threat, just sit there and die or go to hell? Let's not forget the Hebrew scriptures (source of the commandments) explains there are lawful human killings, so why would they explain what is a justifiable killing if there is no such concept?

So, a continuation of that wonderful debate LuissSsSssSSSsss and I are having.

I think it's safe to say that I'm winning.
    Sorry, moving to a new apartment. Will sit down and give you a response tonight when I get out of work - spent all day moving stuff.