Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 2940

Thread: Server 1 LOUNGE

Once upon a time...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    Meherrin tells great stories.
    I bet you'd like some stories about my early radicalisation.... I was always anti-authoritarian. I was expelled from nursery school (I was three) for trying to organise a protest against forced naptimes. I'm not sure where I even got the idea of organised protest from, but i had the notion that if we all ran around avoiding the nuns when they came out with the sleep mats, it would be harder for them to catch us and make us sit down. To add insult to injury, I had apparently learned the unexpurgated lyrics to "What Shall We Do with a Drunken Sailor" and taught them to my fellow nursery school inmates to sing while we ran around.

My mother was thrilled.

After that, I spent my days while my mother worked with two very nice Hungarian immigrants named Frank and Eva, who were, I believe, refugees from the suppression of the uprising of 1956. I believe my mother met them through her work with the YMHA (my mother had just begun her long flirtation with conversion to Judaism). They fed me delicious little pastries for tea and played 'liberate the masses' with me and my toys. I remember both these things quite well, especially charging the Mecchano battlements with my stuffed animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Once upon a time...
    It's your turn, Scarecrow. Tell us a story.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    I suppose Scarecrow can be an honorary girl.....
    Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    I'm afraid I'm going to have to require a story on this one, dear SC
    I worked (and still occasionally work) in an establishment which, apart from the owner and myself, is staffed entirely by females (there was also a homosexual male manager until a few months ago which is when he moved city). All the entertainers are also female. In one of the 2 positions I work in, I oversee the entertainers, their requirements and safety. You very quickly become inured and conditioned to what many others would consider the 'largest attraction' to the job. Due to this, I'm treated as 'one of the girls' at that workplace.

During secondary school, my core group of friends was predominantly female. I also studied a number of classes which had a greater proportion of females to males; chemistry and advanced mathematics being 2 such examples.
    On top of this, my tennis coach gave me the nickname of J.Lea while I was training with him and the rest of the tournament squad. At one point, he slipped and called out J.Lo instead. That nickname stuck around the courts and still persists.

Looking elsewhere, I'm in a number of skype rooms where I am one of a few (i.e. 1 of 2) or the only male.
    Last edited by Scarecrow; 04-20-2017 at 10:07 PM.

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I worked (and still occasionally work) in an establishment which, apart from the owner and myself, is staffed entirely by females (there was also a homosexual male manager until a few months ago which is when he moved city). All the entertainers are also female. In one of the 2 positions I work in, I oversee the entertainers, their requirements and safety. You very quickly become inured and conditioned to what many others would consider the 'largest attraction' to the job. Due to this, I'm treated as 'one of the girls' at that workplace.
    The entertainment industry is one where full or partial nudity in certain circumstances becomes invisible. I have been both actor and stage manager with travelling rep companies, small theatres with not much privacy backstage, and so on. When you don't have private dressing rooms, or you have to do a quick change in the closest spot to your exit/entrance, you rapidly get used to just getting on with it, and nit caring who's nearby. And you equally get used to seeing people in various stages of undress, and it becomes completely unremarkable - because it's not erotic, it's getting on with the business.

I remember working with one actor who used to "reassure" newer members of the company who were perhaps not quite acclimatised to dropping trou and changing costume with others around by saying "Don't worry, if I see something I've never seen before, I'll let you know."
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.

Lol, dammit I was hoping for something more... one-time hilarity. Not a completely plausible explanation . I'll take it though

Now if only I had some mead...
    "The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice... It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, and the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one. No matter the blood. No matter the skin. No matter the world. No matter the star. We are one. No matter the pain. No matter the darkness. No matter the loss. No matter the fear. We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognise this singular truth and this singular rule: that we must be kind to one another. Because, each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one." ~G'kar

There is absolutely no reason why the girls tell me I should take up dancing myself. >.>

I heard you should be in the Travian hot guys calendar.

I still need like 8 pics.
    The ORIGINALCisalpine! Retired

http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=95436 for the Awesome Natar Win
    http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=93085 For US S1 history

I'll send some of myself wearing my fireman uniform.

Ooohhhh. Does this mean I should move to your area and set my house on fire???

I tend to rural operations rather than urban.

Scarecrow does not condone arson.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    I think that's a crime.

But in Italian there's an expression: "La colpa dei nostri occhi," or "It's the fault of my eyes." It's for tfw you do something bad by accident because you were distracted by someone's good looking-ness. Is there an English expression to that effect?
    "The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice... It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, and the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one. No matter the blood. No matter the skin. No matter the world. No matter the star. We are one. No matter the pain. No matter the darkness. No matter the loss. No matter the fear. We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognise this singular truth and this singular rule: that we must be kind to one another. Because, each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one." ~G'kar

"Sorry, I was distracted"???

That doesn't also marginally-rudely imply that you were distracted by the other person's appearance, specifically, though!

True. But I DO get distracted easily.

Distractions are the spice of life. Well, one of them, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    Only if you buy home owners insurance first.
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

I can't sleep. I stayed in bed far too long today. Could I request a nice hot "toddy" as my Granny used to say?

I hope you got your hot toddy.....

I'm sitting here munching on cookies and drinking a creme de cacao milkshake. Classic rock on the jukebox. Anyone want to join me?

IN!!!
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    IN!!!
    That's one.

What, no one digs classic rock? Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, the Animals, Jefferson Airplane, the Doors, the Kinks.... Lot of great bands to rick out to...

Requests, anyone?