Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 236371727374 LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,920 of 2938

Thread: Server 1 LOUNGE

Senior Community Moderator SMOD polkadot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    California is nice. You could visit Flossie.
    That is one of the reasons. I have another friend to visit there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOD polkadot View Post
    That is one of the reasons. I have another friend to visit there as well.
    All the more reason, then.

I've been to California a few times myself over the years, it's always been an interesting place to visit, even without having friends there, even more so on the times I was visiting with folks I knew.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

All the more reason, then.

I've been to California a few times myself over the years, it's always been an interesting place to visit, even without having friends there, even more so on the times I was visiting with folks I knew.
    I love California. I've got family all over the state, but most are in San Diego and at Beale AFB

Quote Originally Posted by SMOD polkadot View Post
    But the thought of spending a few days in California has crossed my mind.
    I highly recommend this. San Diego is gorgeous, L.A. has Hollywood, Disneyland, and is just a special place. Santa Barbara has beaches and a wine country to the north. You can veg out on the beach, do any number of things or ski in the mountains. It's heaven on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Pile of Pandas View Post
    I love California. I've got family all over the state, but most are in San Diego and at Beale AFB
    I'm young enough and have nothing tying me down, I've strongly considered moving out there. Expensive to live in the fun areas though
    I've probably played 30 servers at this point

US1 Honeybadger - http://travian-reports.net/us/report/46781746d83

I blame blazin1 for any actions that may occur during the course of any server

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    It's heaven on earth.
    a very expensive heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Teutons View Post
    I'm young enough and have nothing tying me down, I've strongly considered moving out there. Expensive to live in the fun areas though
    I posted above then read what you wrote. lol
    US1:R3 Alliteration -oNE R10 Twist of Fate -GONE
    US3: R10 Buccaneers - TBN (dual)
    US4: R2 Eris ABT-PANTLESS R3 Fluffy MORON R4 ThePanda MORON R8 Leep
    US5: R2 Susugam - ROBR R3 Twist of Fate - NEWD

Quote Originally Posted by Teutons View Post
    Expensive to live in the fun areas though
    a very expensive heaven.
    It can be. The average home cost in Santa Barbara is $1 million and a condo runs about $400k. A hole in the wall apartment in Santa Monica is $2,000 a month and my rent, paid for by my employer, was more than that. I ordered a beer in a Hollywood club and it was $19. $19 for one beer plus a cover charge to get in the door.

I spent a a lot amount of time in Beverly Hills and it was a bit too snooty for me. Hell I knew a guy who was embarrassed to be seen driving a BMW because really it's just the Toyota of Europe.

After I got laid off I spent a significant amount of time in South Central. The rent is cheap, the beer is cheap, and the people are genuine and real. It's probably not your scene though.

Those are two extremes. For polkadot it's worth a visit and sticking close to the beach. For Teutons I say do it! Avoid the extremes I mentioned and pick some place like Long Beach. Long Beach is great and there's a much younger crowd with the college. If you know the local spots you can find cheap food, cheap drinks and cheap rent.

Forget the glass.....can I have a bottle of my favorite cheap wine please?
    The ORIGINALCisalpine! Retired

http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=95436 for the Awesome Natar Win
    http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=93085 For US S1 history

Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    Forget the glass.....can I have a bottle of my favorite cheap wine please?
    You deserve it. Have whatever you want. Here, start with this....

::hands Cis her bottle of wine::

You want some bruschetta with that? Or sone garlic and cheese breadsticks?
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.

Garlic and cheese breadsticks!!! The garlic may keep the nasties away!!!
    The ORIGINALCisalpine! Retired

http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=95436 for the Awesome Natar Win
    http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=93085 For US S1 history

I think I will join you all with some wine of my own. I spent the day resetting up my studio after my move and several things are missing or broken. Super bummed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    Garlic and cheese breadsticks!!! The garlic may keep the nasties away!!!
    Coming right up.

Mind if I join you? Wine and garlic cheese breadsticks sounds pretty good to me right now.

I think I will join you all with some wine of my own. I spent the day resetting up my studio after my move and several things are missing or broken. Super bummed.
    Yay, it's Pandas. Girls' night out.
    Last edited by Meherrin; 04-14-2017 at 03:35 AM.

*sneaks in to join the gals
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    *sneaks in to join the gals
    Yay, Flossie's here. (Hope she brought the mead.)

But of course! Only the best for my gals.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    But of course! Only the best for my gals.
    Party-time with the girls is a wonderful thing.

Did somebody say party?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Did somebody say party?
    It's always a party in here.

I suppose Scarecrow can be an honorary girl.....

Wouldn't be the first time....

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Excellent, girl's night out continues. Uncork the mead, let merriment flow.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to require a story on this one, dear SC
    "The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice... It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, and the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one. No matter the blood. No matter the skin. No matter the world. No matter the star. We are one. No matter the pain. No matter the darkness. No matter the loss. No matter the fear. We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognise this singular truth and this singular rule: that we must be kind to one another. Because, each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one." ~G'kar

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    I'm afraid I'm going to have to require a story on this one, dear SC
    Suffice it to say one of my previous nicknames was J.Lo.

Suffice it to say one of my previous nicknames was J.Lo.
    No, no, no, it does not suffice! I say when we have reached sufficiency!

*TB awaits the delivery of the story he has demanded.*
    "The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice... It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, and the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one. No matter the blood. No matter the skin. No matter the world. No matter the star. We are one. No matter the pain. No matter the darkness. No matter the loss. No matter the fear. We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognise this singular truth and this singular rule: that we must be kind to one another. Because, each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one." ~G'kar

Story time! Story time! Scarecrow's gonna tell us a story!

Now, now. I'm sure we can't go giving out the secrets of what goes on at women's parties to Burn without inducting him first.

Story time! Story time! Scarecrow's gonna tell us a story!
    Ive heard stories that would make your hair turn white and make you spew green slime......
    The power of Murdok......
    wow i love that Murdok guy he ain't even a Mh anymore but i am still scared he will ban me lol

... Reputation and respect are earned, not given, no matter how big your ban-stick may be. He ain't no Murdok.

Do go on.

Ooooh it's getting good in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdok View Post
    Ive heard stories that would make your hair turn white and make you spew green slime......
    That's not easy to do....

If you all share your stories, I'll share an embarrassing one of mine.

If you all share your stories, I'll share an embarrassing one of mine.
    Sorry I was sworn to secrecy and I'm a man of his word
    The power of Murdok......
    wow i love that Murdok guy he ain't even a Mh anymore but i am still scared he will ban me lol

... Reputation and respect are earned, not given, no matter how big your ban-stick may be. He ain't no Murdok.

What kind of stories do you want, Pandas? I'm not a great storyteller, but there are some odd bits in my life, particularly from my hippie commune-dwelling days....

particularly from my hippie commune-dwelling days....
    Interesting...

*sets out platters of charcuterie

home made bread

cheese

Interesting...
    It was, rather. This was on the Nova Scotia side of the Bay of Fundy, on what's called the North Mountain. A group of us bought 110 acres of scrub forest near a very small town called Baxter's Harbour and built rustic cabins in the woods and farmed a couple of acres and then harvested firewood out of the rest of it for a few years until several of the group trained in stained glass work and started a business cleaning and restoring stained glass windows around the maritimes.

I left the commune after a few years, but it is still a going concern with a handful of the original members, their families, and some new additions still living on the land there.

We did all the standard hippie stuff, of course, from weird new age religions to drugs and experiments with democratic decision-making on everything from where to put the new outhouse to where to plant the sunflowers.

It was, rather. This was on the Nova Scotia side of the Bay of Fundy, on what's called the North Mountain. A group of us bought 110 acres of scrub forest near a very small town called Baxter's Harbour and built rustic cabins in the woods and farmed a couple of acres and then harvested firewood out of the rest of it for a few years until several of the group trained in stained glass work and started a business cleaning and restoring stained glass windows around the maritimes.

I left the commune after a few years, but it is still a going concern with a handful of the original members, their families, and some new additions still living on the land there.

We did all the standard hippie stuff, of course, from weird new age religions to drugs and experiments with democratic decision-making on everything from where to put the new outhouse to where to plant the sunflowers.
    That's really cool.

That was before my time (I was born in the 80s) but if I had been born back then, I probably would have been a hippie. My mom was to a degree. Not quite commune living in the woods level though.

My husband and I have talked about living off grid and homesteading, but we're both too attached to the internet to make it work and stay sane. lol We compromised and raised a flock of ducks and I make a lot of stuff from scratch.

That's really cool.

That was before my time (I was born in the 80s) but if I had been born back then, I probably would have been a hippie. My mom was to a degree. Not quite commune living in the woods level though.

My husband and I have talked about living off grid and homesteading, but we're both too attached to the internet to make it work and stay sane. lol We compromised and raised a flock of ducks and I make a lot of stuff from scratch.
    Living off the grid can be a lot of work, but it is a useful experience to have. There are things that became a part of my lifestyle from that period that have never really changed. Cooking primarily from scratch, using very little in the way of prepared or heavily processed foods and buying in bulk for example. When the whole 'reduce, reuse, recycle' approach became common, it was no change for me at all, i was used to living in a way that produced minimal garbage. Things like that.

Meherrin tells great stories.

Much better than SC, who somehow just got off without telling me a story