Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,880 of 2938

Thread: Server 1 LOUNGE

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    You always post that so late at night. I was asleep
    Well, right now it's the middle of the day.....
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    Well, right now it's the middle of the day.....
    I could use a drink, Meherrin .
    US1 - Redemption. US2 - Luisss.

"Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

*whispers* shhhh Luis, we're not welcome in these parts of town anymore. Come on quick, let's leave before they notice you... *speaks louder* nothing to see here fellas, carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by banzai130 View Post
    we're not welcome in these parts of town anymore.
    banzai you are always welcome as is PoP and Monster.

The time I am usually at work!

This makes me wonder about the way humans use our time. 1/3 sleep, 1/3 work and just 1/3 for me. Whose idea was this?
    "The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice... It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, and the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one. No matter the blood. No matter the skin. No matter the world. No matter the star. We are one. No matter the pain. No matter the darkness. No matter the loss. No matter the fear. We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognise this singular truth and this singular rule: that we must be kind to one another. Because, each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one." ~G'kar

Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    I could use a drink, Meherrin .
    It's been rough lately. What'll you have?

Quote Originally Posted by banzai130 View Post
    *whispers* shhhh Luis, we're not welcome in these parts of town anymore. Come on quick, let's leave before they notice you... *speaks louder* nothing to see here fellas, carry on.
    The lounge is a DMZ. Everyone is welcome, and bringing outside quarrels into the lounge is strongly discouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    banzai you are always welcome as is PoP and Monster.
    Everyone is welcome here. Would you like a drink?

This makes me wonder about the way humans use our time. 1/3 sleep, 1/3 work and just 1/3 for me. Whose idea was this?
    I don't know. It seems rather unfair.... Unless one enjoys one's work, in which case, it's 2/3 for you.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.

I've heard said "do what you love and the money will follow," but that's just not true about the things I love! It actually ends up being less than 1/3 me, too, after consideration of all the things I have to do in that time to prepare for the other times.

BUT -- I believe this is why they invented alcohol. And I have like 6 different persuasions of beer to try this evening ^^
    "The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice... It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, and the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one. No matter the blood. No matter the skin. No matter the world. No matter the star. We are one. No matter the pain. No matter the darkness. No matter the loss. No matter the fear. We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognise this singular truth and this singular rule: that we must be kind to one another. Because, each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one." ~G'kar

Do tell. Do not leave us hanging.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

It's been rough lately. What'll you have?
    I'll start with a tall Angry Orchard, and work my way to Cranberry/Rasberry Stoly, please .
    US1 - Redemption. US2 - Luisss.

"Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

BUT -- I believe this is why they invented alcohol. And I have like 6 different persuasions of beer to try this evening ^^

And which persuasion will you have to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    I'll start with a tall Angry Orchard, and work my way to Cranberry/Rasberry Stoly, please .
    That's an interesting combination. Which variety of Cider would you like? We of course have them all.

That's an interesting combination.
    Might as well change the name of this thread to "s1 players like fruity ****." =p
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

[7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    Might as well change the name of this thread to "s1 players like fruity ****." =p
    "Do tell," she says, savouring her Ardbeg Uigeadail.

I drink Jagermeister. Chase it with Dr. Pepper.

I had some beer called Nosferatu brewed in Cleveland. Then I had an Innis and Gunn and then I had a Blithering Idiot.

Then it was late so I didn't have any more .

And now I must compose a mafia post!

Sorry for leaving you hanging there Flossie. I was busy drinking with one of my best friends ever .

YA! Me too! Time is an odd invention. It should be we sleep when we want to and not when the sun rises and when it sets.

I don't know. It seems rather unfair.... Unless one enjoys one's work, in which case, it's 2/3 for you.
    I love my work. But it isn't quite 2/3. My happiness scale has recently been up and down. Problems with coworkers but also maybe I just need a vacation. I have worked a full year now, and have not once asked for time off. Today before I left I wrote a note and left it on Chef's wall. I will speak to him when I return to work on Thursday.

I've heard said "do what you love and the money will follow," but that's just not true about the things I love! It actually ends up being less than 1/3 me, too, after consideration of all the things I have to do in that time to prepare for the other times.

Doing what you love is great, very few people find it in the first place. I find that even when you do what you love, money is not a promised guarantee. And perhaps it may even take longer for the money to flow. But happiness is an important factor, right?

Hmmm. Talking about work appears to have killed the conversation in here.

Can we find a more congenial subject? Like, it's Saturday night in North America, why not drop by the lounge for a drink and some harmless flirtation?

Lemonade!
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

And cookies!

Now serving enchilada stew over brown rice and beer to wash it all down.

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    Now serving enchilada stew over brown rice and beer to wash it all down.
    Yummy goodness. I can't imagine why no one else has dropped by to sample it.

Idk sounds like something I can't eat .

Idk sounds like something I can't eat .

Food sensitivities? Tell us what you would want instead, and it shall be yours.

I assume my food preferences are "peasants," since I'm a dragon. Do they serve peasants here?

(Rawr)

I thought you dragons snuck in the odd cow now and then.

We have ah.....tofu peasant.

I thought you dragons snuck in the odd cow now and then.

We have ah.....tofu peasant.

I know a dragon who is very fond of sheep.... Being a socialist dragon, however, peasants are not on their menu. That would be exploitation of the working classes, you see.

I know a dragon who is very fond of sheep.... Being a socialist dragon, however, peasants are not on their menu. That would be exploitation of the working classes, you see.
    Ah....mutton it is then.

Ah....mutton it is then.

Mmmmmm, mutton.

They say .... true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe....

My dragon personality is Czar Nicholas II, so peasants will do just nicely.

I have just decided upon my dragon personality.

My dragon personality is Czar Nicholas II, so peasants will do just nicely.

I have just decided upon my dragon personality.
    So sorry, but we do not offer dishes based on peasant. May I offer instead this pleasant bit of pheasant?

I only accept pheasant if it's plucked. Plucked pheasant is pleasant. Now don't be hesitant to get my pleasant plucked pheasant in the present, peasant!

(Words level +1?)
    Last edited by The Burninator; 04-05-2017 at 03:48 AM.

Mmmmmm, mutton.

They say .... true love is the greatest thing in the world - except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomatoes are ripe....
    As you wish!

I only accept pheasant if it's plucked. Plucked pheasant is pleasant. Now don't be hesitant to get my pleasant plucked pheasant in the present, peasant!

(Words level +1?)
    Behold a pleasant present of plucked pheasant shorn of feathers iridescent served by our staff, omnipresent and most happily acquiescent - though no one here responds in present to incessant shouts of "Peasant!"

(Word wars!)

Quote Originally Posted by Pile of Pandas View Post
    As you wish!
    Wesley!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Meherrin; 04-05-2017 at 04:36 AM.

Senior Community Moderator SMOD polkadot's Avatar

Um...I am a dragon too, but your food choice is making me squirm a little.

May I have a shrimp pesto linguine please?

(I know, I'm boring.)

Quote Originally Posted by SMOD polkadot View Post
    Um...I am a dragon too, but your food choice is making me squirm a little.

May I have a shrimp pesto linguine please?

(I know, I'm boring.)
    Dearest Kabie, you are never boring. And seen far too infrequently around here.

Your shrimp pesto linguine awaits. Would you care for a beverage with that? Will you dine at table or take your meal in a cozy chair by the fire?

Dearest Kabie, you are never boring. And seen far too infrequently around here.
    I will try to visit more often.

Your shrimp pesto linguine awaits. Would you care for a beverage with that? Will you dine at table or take your meal in a cozy chair by the fire?
    At the Bar please? So I may chat with the Bartender! A fizzy drink sounds good for now, so a Ginger Ale please.

I will try to visit more often.

At the Bar please? So I may chat with the Bartender! A fizzy drink sounds good for now, so a Ginger Ale please.
    Your repast is served.

So... Let's chat....

Did I tell you I am finally taking time off from work? The one day in which Chef offered to me and I took does not count. Only two weeks, but it may do me some good. I will see how I feel when I return to work and go from there.

Did I tell you I am finally taking time off from work? The one day in which Chef offered to me and I took does not count. Only two weeks, but it may do me some good. I will see how I feel when I return to work and go from there.
    It's always good to have time off to relax, recuperate and re-evaluate. Do yiu have anything planned, or are you just going to veg out?

The original idea was to just veg out. But the thought of spending a few days in California has crossed my mind. Not sure yet. Thank goodness I still have time to mull things over.

The original idea was to just veg out. But the thought of spending a few days in California has crossed my mind. Not sure yet. Thank goodness I still have time to mull things over.
    California is nice. You could visit Flossie.