Page 71 of 74 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,840 of 2937

Thread: Server 1 LOUNGE

Quote Originally Posted by Pile of Pandas View Post
    I will have to check this one out.

Now that This is Us is done for the season, I started watching The Expanse a couple nights ago. I'm really liking it thus far.
    I have been enjoying The Expanse too. Well written, compelling characters, good acting, complex story....

Arrival is very good. Intelligent SF.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

Sapient would be very upset that you credited me with this trend and not him, but fortunately he does not read this section so he will never know . It's an excellent show, so I'm glad you like it!
    "The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice... It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, and the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one. No matter the blood. No matter the skin. No matter the world. No matter the star. We are one. No matter the pain. No matter the darkness. No matter the loss. No matter the fear. We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognise this singular truth and this singular rule: that we must be kind to one another. Because, each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one." ~G'kar

Well I don't read gen chat that often and your post about the show was the one I saw first.

Anyone in the mood for a party? Just to set aside all our differences and have some silly fun?

The bar is always open.....
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.

Depends -- do I still have to go to work tomorrow? If so it might be a bit late to make a run at the bar
    "The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice... It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, and the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one. No matter the blood. No matter the skin. No matter the world. No matter the star. We are one. No matter the pain. No matter the darkness. No matter the loss. No matter the fear. We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognise this singular truth and this singular rule: that we must be kind to one another. Because, each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one." ~G'kar

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    Depends -- do I still have to go to work tomorrow? If so it might be a bit late to make a run at the bar
    It's a virtual bar, it can be any tine you want it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    It's a virtual bar, it can be any tine you want it to be.
    I suppose that this arrangement does have its virtues. If you catch my drift.

In that case, I suppose I'll have all the liquor. But only the ones that taste good.

So I suppose that actually means less than half the liquor.

OK, I've made my decision -- I'll take one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer.

I suppose that this arrangement does have its virtues. If you catch my drift.

In that case, I suppose I'll have all the liquor. But only the ones that taste good.

So I suppose that actually means less than half the liquor.

OK, I've made my decision -- I'll take one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer.
    One bourbon, one scotch, one beer, coming up. One for Johnny Lee, one for George, and one for good old Amos.

My favorite / least favorite part about that one is how nonspecific it is. What kind of drink isn't really specified. All it specifies is what categories of drink. This would be ok if he didn't have another song with lyrics that were all puns on specific drinks.

So Meherrin, how are you?

So Meherrin, how are you?
    Wasted away in margaritaville?

Red, red wine.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Strawberries, cherries and an angel's kiss in spring, my summer wine is really made from all these things....

I could use a drink and some silly. Selling a house, packing and moving with 4 children under 5. I may have literally bit my tongue a few times today. A couple of painful anniversaries are on the horizon as well as a diagnosis for a non curable disease. It's been a tough couple weeks on this roller coaster.

Sadly, the coke zero I'm currently drinking doesn't quite help. The good news is, the cable guy was able to fix our internet today so it doesn't go out every 15 minutes anymore.
    US1:R3 Alliteration -oNE R10 Twist of Fate -GONE
    US3: R10 Buccaneers - TBN (dual)
    US4: R2 Eris ABT-PANTLESS R3 Fluffy MORON R4 ThePanda MORON R8 Leep
    US5: R2 Susugam - ROBR R3 Twist of Fate - NEWD

I could use a drink and some silly. Selling a house, packing and moving with 4 children under 5. I may have literally bit my tongue a few times today. A couple of painful anniversaries are on the horizon as well as a diagnosis for a non curable disease. It's been a tough couple weeks on this roller coaster.

Sadly, the coke zero I'm currently drinking doesn't quite help. The good news is, the cable guy was able to fix our internet today so it doesn't go out every 15 minutes anymore.
    Yes, I'd think drinks and silliness are definitely in order.

What'll you have?

If you like pina coladas....

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    Yes, I'd think drinks and silliness are definitely in order.

What'll you have?

If you like pina coladas....
    Tonight, honey infused bourbon.

Tonight, honey infused bourbon.
    You got it.

There must be a moon over bourbon street tonight.

I actually don't like bourbon, but I figured virtual bourbon can't be too bad

I prefer scotch myself, and am quite picky about beers.

We have so much in common. Are you actually me?

Honey infused isn't bad. It's less intense as the honey cuts it a bit. The first time I got drunk, it was on this stuff. I've only been drunk a handful of times, but this does the trick when needed.

*Slides PoP another*

Have you tried mead?
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

We have so much in common. Are you actually me?
    I don't think so.... But identity can be such a slippery thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    *Slides PoP another*

Have you tried mead?
    Oh, PoP you must try Flossie's mead. House specialty.
    Last edited by Meherrin; 03-21-2017 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    *Slides PoP another*

Have you tried mead?
    Can't say that I have.

Can't say that I have.
    It's great stuff. Be sure to get a reasonably reputable brand and use the mulling spices. Nice and warm.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

[7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

I can't think of a better alcoholic beverage than mead. It's my absolute favorite. Egyptian spiced mead is without a doubt the best, but you find a nice cottge mead every now and again as well.

Nothing tops a a well made plain mead. The first mead I ever tasted was a mead from Cornwall made with wild heather honey.....it was pure unadulterated love at first sip.

*slides PoP a lovely measure of her favorite mead.

More party times?

I have 99 bottles of beer on the wall, who wants one?

I want a birthday cake!!! I dropped so many hints it wasn't funny. No cake, cards, presents from anyone in the house. My oldest took a pic of a card in the store and said "Sorry, I'm broke" at 11:45. (Also, it was a cartoon drawing of sparkling pile of poop) She just made it. So I want birthday cake for everyone in the lounge. With spiked punch!!
    The ORIGINALCisalpine! Retired

http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=95436 for the Awesome Natar Win
    http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=93085 For US S1 history

Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    I want a birthday cake!!! I dropped so many hints it wasn't funny. No cake, cards, presents from anyone in the house. My oldest took a pic of a card in the store and said "Sorry, I'm broke" at 11:45. (Also, it was a cartoon drawing of sparkling pile of poop) She just made it. So I want birthday cake for everyone in the lounge. With spiked punch!!
    Birthday cake for all!

Are you trying to ruin my boyish figure? Are you?

Are you trying to ruin my boyish figure? Are you?
    Go for a long walk afterwards. Or go dancing with your partner. Or something physical and fun. It'll wear off the calories in no time.

Have some cake. Have sone punch. Cis just had a birthday - and so, for that matter, did I.

Lol, it's 35 degrees out and there's snow on the ground! Nope.

Also, pls -- there's a 0% chance he'd be down for that . I've tried to get him to move with rhythm to music before. It hasn't been particularly successful. It's ok though, because he's cute .

But -- if it's celebratory, I suppose I'll join you both

Also, pls -- there's a 0% chance he'd be down for that . I've tried to get him to move with rhythm to music before. It hasn't been particularly successful. It's ok though, because he's cute .

Ah, I know what it's like to have a partner who can not or will not dance. Mine's cute too (to say nothing of his being a radical socialist and feminist) so I kept him anyway.

Here, have a tiny piece, then.

Lol, it's 35 degrees out and there's snow on the ground! Nope.

Enough wine/liqour PLUS all that sugar, I'll dance your *** off. I wasn't feeling any pain a couple of weeks ago and taught my daughter's friends the Macarena and the Electric Slide. Her friends now think I'm da bomb. We had freestyle when I cranked up Gold Digger. And my soon to be ex husband is the stereotypical white guy. He ain't got no rythym. Sigh
    Last edited by Cisalpine; 03-23-2017 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Clarification

Lol. Cis I dance almost exclusively to Ska/punk, and I do it almost exclusively by myself. Two reasons: none of my friends are crazy enough to join me, and because I don't really like groups of people/crowds so I don't do it in public.

In conclusion, I'm sure you're way cooler than I am.

Happy birthday, btw

Lol. Cis I dance almost exclusively to Ska/punk, and I do it almost exclusively by myself. Two reasons: none of my friends are crazy enough to join me, and because I don't really like groups of people/crowds so I don't do it in public.

In conclusion, I'm sure you're way cooler than I am.

Happy birthday, btw
    Once upon a tine, i would dance to just about anything. When I went out with friends, but also alone at home. I think dancing is one of the things I miss the most about being non-mobile.

Ze punch is ready!

Oh, we have SO much to celebrate!!! I will most definitely be getting drunk tonight!

I have a beautiful rainbow cocktail I am partaking in. Night. Love you guys.
    Last edited by Cisalpine; 03-24-2017 at 07:44 PM.

I'm bored. Who wants to come over here and be silly with me?

You always post that so late at night. I was asleep