Page 70 of 72 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,800 of 2855

Thread: Server 1 LOUNGE

FOUL!

All Guthrie references should be got. A moment must be taken to contemplate the pure genius.

- Bugzy "I don't want a pickle" MacCode

PS FRESH POTS!!!!

Did you know: Indians never ate clams?
    "The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice... It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, and the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one. No matter the blood. No matter the skin. No matter the world. No matter the star. We are one. No matter the pain. No matter the darkness. No matter the loss. No matter the fear. We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognise this singular truth and this singular rule: that we must be kind to one another. Because, each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one." ~G'kar

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    Did you know: Indians never ate clams?
    And they didn't have linguini.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

I have been hiding.

Better to keep quiet than to remove all doubt I'm and idiot by opening a chat!

Tazz

Quote Originally Posted by Tazz - View Post
    I have been hiding.

Better to keep quiet than to remove all doubt I'm and idiot by opening a chat!

Tazz
    You can say just about anything here, it doesn't have to make sense.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.

well heres to a good Legg humping!

Quote Originally Posted by Tazz - View Post
    well heres to a good Legg humping!
    Ah, that's our Tazz.

Would you like some coffee to go with those L'eggs?

You have my axe.
    Are you being followed by 2 small men and a ridiculously pale guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Pile of Pandas View Post
    Are you being followed by 2 small men and a ridiculously pale guy?
    I'd say it's more like I'm following them. Something about them all being good at things but I'm basically just there because of the Middle Earth Affirmative Action Law of 1066.
    "The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice... It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, and the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one. No matter the blood. No matter the skin. No matter the world. No matter the star. We are one. No matter the pain. No matter the darkness. No matter the loss. No matter the fear. We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognise this singular truth and this singular rule: that we must be kind to one another. Because, each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one." ~G'kar

I'd say it's more like I'm following them. Something about them all being good at things but I'm basically just there because of the Middle Earth Affirmative Action Law of 1066.
    I've heard you have an aversion to being tossed.

/me drops a full bag of silver on the lounge counter and looks around hoping to catch the attention of someone named either Meherrin or Flossie

/me wonders if they have any Samual Smith Chocolate Stouts in this place

/me notices the chatter is so heavy it's hard to hear the musician plucking away by the wood fire
    What can be broken, must be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    I've heard you have an aversion to being tossed.
    I got over it.

(Whoo with the puns ^^ )

Quote Originally Posted by nichmanic View Post
    /me drops a full bag of silver on the lounge counter and looks around hoping to catch the attention of someone named either Meherrin or Flossie

/me notices the chatter is so heavy it's hard to hear the musician plucking away by the wood fire
    Your coin is not needed here. This is a place of respite and renewal for weary warriors.

And we have everything here, even things which are thought not to exist....

::nods toward the boisterous couple toasting each other with Romulan ale::

If we can acquire that, your request is simple. One Samuel Smith Chocolate Stout coming up.

One Samuel Smith Chocolate Stout coming up.
    Well hey, this is my kinda place. The silver is for this sisterhood coalition I have heard rumors of. Do with it whatever you want, I was hoping for an ear or exchange as some pennies for your thoughts. Up to you, but I'll take it over to your Travian thread if I notice you pouring yourself a drink as well.

Well hey, this is my kinda place. The silver is for this sisterhood coalition I have heard rumors of. Do with it whatever you want, I was hoping for an ear or exchange as some pennies for your thoughts. Up to you, but I'll take it over to your Travian thread if I notice you pouring yourself a drink as well.
    My thoughts are generslly free for the asking.... And sometimes I don;t even wait to be asked. Also, I am, like all good bartenders, a good listener (though I do not wear odd hats). Or at least I try to be.

I'll gladly grab a glass of Harp and join you.

I will accrpt your donation on behalf of the COLs and find a use for it in our Travian Beautification Programme.

I'll gladly grab a glass of Harp and join you.

I will accrpt your donation on behalf of the COLs and find a use for it in our Travian Beautification Programme.
    Awesome choice of drink, and I'm sure this Programme is wonderful and a blessing for those that enjoy this place. I'm gonna take a few more sips and leave something for you to read in your thread.

Awesome choice of drink, and I'm sure this Programme is wonderful and a blessing for those that enjoy this place. I'm gonna take a few more sips and leave something for you to read in your thread.
    I look forward to reading it. I am sure it will be thoughtful and worth consideration.

Best beer brand ever.. My personal fave flavors of theirs are Oatmeal Stout and Winter Welcome..

I officially like you..
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

I'll have an Edmund Fitzgerald Porter, chilled, no glass

PoP looks for some Van Morrison on the jukebox and mutters something about Idaho drivers

I'll have an Edmund Fitzgerald Porter, chilled, no glass

PoP looks for some Van Morrison on the jukebox and mutters something about Idaho drivers
    You wish is my command. If you cant find what you want on the jukebox in the main lounge, try the music listening room, on the left past the bowling ally. We have a very wide selection of recorded music, with comfy chairs and built-in top quality speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by odinloki View Post
    Best beer brand ever.. My personal fave flavors of theirs are Oatmeal Stout and Winter Welcome..
    Yea man, I was lucky and learned about them back when I was in school. I lived behind a liquor store near campus and they had their bottles 2 for $5. I stuck with nut brown, oatmeal, tad porter and the pale ale but I can't remember if I've tried the winter one. I don't know anything about the fruit ones.

I like that they have this old style well water brewery thing going for them.

Um, where are the drunk wenches?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    ::raises hand::

You could argue that I resemble that remark.

Yea man, I was lucky and learned about them back when I was in school. I lived behind a liquor store near campus and they had their bottles 2 for $5. I stuck with nut brown, oatmeal, tad porter and the pale ale but I can't remember if I've tried the winter one. I don't know anything about the fruit ones.

I like that they have this old style well water brewery thing going for them.
    The Winter Welcome only comes out near the Holidays.. It is an annual event that they even commemorate the year on the bottle.. I used to have a very big collection of the bottles, for each year.. But yeah that brand is just the best, I too spent a lot of time with the Taddy Porter and Nut Brown Ale.. Curious, have you ever tried the EKU brand beers ??

For anyone else interested in great beer, here's a list of their product that I highly recommend be sought after at your local specialty liquor store..
    http://www.samuelsmithsbrewery.co.uk...egory/bottles/

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    Rumor has it, they were all bound and gagged in your basement..
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

Of course OdinLoki would know where they are. Those were just my barbie dolls. G.I. Joe is guarding them. Is this a sports lounge? Anyone interested in the NCAA Tourney, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by odinloki View Post
    Curious, have you ever tried the EKU brand beers ??
    I don't think I know who EKU is but a picture might remind me. After clicking that link you shared I will add the SS Imperial stout to my list as well. I laughed where the site's description talks about how it can withstand shipping in foul weather. Makes sense why they stocked it where I once lived during the annual snowstorms LOL
    Last edited by nichmanic; 03-15-2017 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Grammar

So I'm not a huge beer fan. I like dark stouts sometimes.

My favorite thing about beer though is that unlike with harder liquors, the people who make them seem to have a sense of humor that I appreciate. This is my latest favorite:

It describes me so well.

I got over it.

(Whoo with the puns ^^ )
    I've tried to come back with a clever reply to this and your affirmative action comment, but I've come up empty. This deserved some sort of reply, though. So,... hahahahaha!

Hey, lounge peoples.....

I know some of you probably avoid GenChat, but I thought I'd mention that I'm kind of doing a series of suggestion for 'favourite genre films.' We've already done science fiction, but I've got a thread up for horror films, and in a few days I'll do a poll with just the most frequently mentioned ones for people to vote on. If anyone is interested, drop in and let us know what your favourite horror films are.

I missed the science fiction films....so I can't suggest "Blade Runner."

grrrrrr

*goes off to find a stash of her mead
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Hey, lounge peoples.....

I know some of you probably avoid GenChat, but I thought I'd mention that I'm kind of doing a series of suggestion for 'favourite genre films.' We've already done science fiction, but I've got a thread up for horror films, and in a few days I'll do a poll with just the most frequently mentioned ones for people to vote on. If anyone is interested, drop in and let us know what your favourite horror films are.
    I'm not much into horror anymore. I loved them when I was a teen.

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    I missed the science fiction films....so I can't suggest "Blade Runner."

grrrrrr

*goes off to find a stash of her mead
    Blade Runner ended up in a three-way tie with The Matrix and Serenity.

That's because you people haven't seen Arrival yet

Quote Originally Posted by banzai130 View Post
    I have. It was amazing.

Arrival was very good. Was pleasantly surprised.

Why were you surprised? It got amazing reviews overall. Def lives up to the hype

Pleasantly surprised, meaning I was very happy it was as good as it was. Not surprised meaning I expected it to be bad and it was good. I heard it was good and was pleasantly surprised it was excellent and not just good.

FOUL!

All Guthrie references should be got. A moment must be taken to contemplate the pure genius.

- Bugzy "I don't want a pickle" MacCode

PS FRESH POTS!!!!
    That was our problem. I WANTED a pickle, and you wouldn't stop!!!!!
    The ORIGINALCisalpine! Retired

http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=95436 for the Awesome Natar Win
    http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=93085 For US S1 history

I will have to check this one out.

Now that This is Us is done for the season, I started watching The Expanse a couple nights ago. I'm really liking it thus far.

Now that This is Us is done for the season, I started watching The Expanse a couple nights ago. I'm really liking it thus far.
    That show is something amazing. I like how it all started with The Burninator's posts and now most of the gen chat is watching. Thanks TB.