Page 69 of 77 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,760 of 3053

Thread: Server 1 LOUNGE

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    It's an American saying and no comma is necessary.
    You lot never did care too much about grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    Their... they're... there... It's gonna be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    I am going to have to disagree with you on this particular point. It's become a common phrase. "Good people" has entered the lexicon as a specific descriptor, and thus saying "he is good people" is grammatically equivalent to saying "he is tall."

Language flexibility can be fun.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    I am going to have to disagree with you on this particular point. It's become a common phrase. "Good people" has entered the lexicon as a specific descriptor, and thus saying "he is good people" is grammatically equivalent to saying "he is tall."

The fact that it has become a phrase doesn't take away from the fact that it was incorrect to start with.

Indeed it proves my point.

This.

I myself use this phrase.

We are all good people, let's have a drink together.
    Last edited by Meherrin; 02-24-2017 at 06:21 PM.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.

I said it about Cis yesterday. I have no idea whether or not she is tall, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    I said it about Cis yesterday. I have no idea whether or not she is tall, but I doubt it.
    I said grammatically equivalent, not denotively equivalent.

Pull up a chair and have a drink. We're toasting the great lady and warrior queen, Cisalpine.

Pull up a chair and have a drink. We're toasting the great lady and warrior queen, Cisalpine.
    Salud!

Salud!
    Slainte mhath!

Nope. Strawberry shortcake. 5'3"

Wow. I am honored. Thank you.

P.S.
    Erik is good people. LOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post

Wow. I am honored. Thank you.

P.S.
    Erik is good people. LOLOL
    We named an arti villa after you. Because you supported us all.

And he is good peoole, even if he won't admit it.

Nice to see you here in the lounge. Care for a drink? Or some comfort food? Anything you desire....

Yeah well, I kept getting links to the forum, so thought I'd better check to see what was going on. So it's just a fly by, but I will try to drop in occasionally.

And that's cool. I don't think I've had a village named after me before. I'm Travian famous!!!!
    Last edited by Cisalpine; 02-28-2017 at 04:26 PM.

Yeah well, I kept getting links to the forum, so thought I'd better check to see what was going on. So it's just a fly by, but I will try to drop in occasionally.

And that's cool. I don't think I've had a village named after me before. I'm Travian famous!!!!
    Yes, please drop in to say hello whenever you feel like it. We need sinething to tslk about here.

And you've been famous for quite a while in these parts, we simply acknowledged your fame.

I don't think I've had a village named after me before. I'm Travian famous!!!!
    Maybe we can get you a WW before everything is said and done.

Well, I just dropped a hint. LOL. I miss you LB! Everyone else (mostly) is on fb. We're planning a fun live video stream. LOL. Also, I still want that pic some day!

I'll take a bottle of Southern Comfort again please! (I love that stuff)
    Wait!! Recently watched a video about the South. Can I change that to some White Lightinin'? (Moonshine for those that may not know)

I'll take a bottle of Southern Comfort again please! (I love that stuff)
    Wait!! Recently watched a video about the South. Can I change that to some White Lightinin'? (Moonshine for those that may not know)
    Yes, ma'am. As you wish.

Ok. As requested, I am here - drunk and ready for any and all topics! Let's get this party started!
    This is all the way up on my Harman Kardon

I'm right with you, Cis. Lining up my Velvet Hammers.

Where's the rest of the gang? Or have they chickened out?

I'm right with you, Cis. Lining up my Velvet Hammers.

Where's the rest of the gang? Or have they chickened out?
    I think most sane, intelligent people stay away from drunk Cis

Edit: Jesus...why are the forums so DEAD??????

*slips into the back with her mead
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Cis: but drunk Cis can be so much fun.

Flower: yay, here comes the hostess, with her mead stash.

Ohaidere! Is it just going to be a COL gathering?

You beat me! And yes, sometimes drunk Cis can be VERY fun. It's just so hard to find someone to play with! And then it sucks when the one you REALLY want to play with can't or won't.
    Last edited by Cisalpine; 03-09-2017 at 10:46 PM.

What shall we play? Know any good party games?

Spin the bottle! I have one!

EDIT:
    Or....post ideas of things Cis can do while she's all alone for a WHOLE WEEK!!!!

Spin the bottle! I have one!

EDIT:
    Or....post ideas of things Cis can do while she's all alone for a WHOLE WEEK!!!!
    Oh look, the bottle's pointing at you!

So.... What do you want to do with your temporary freedom?

Edit: Jesus...why are the forums so DEAD??????
    Basically every single member of GONE came down with Butthurt Disease. It's highly contagious and spread through them like wildfire.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

[7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

Oh look, the bottle's pointing at you!

So.... What do you want to do with your temporary freedom?
    I think that may break forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    Basically every single member of GONE came down with Butthurt Disease. It's highly contagious and spread through them like wildfire.
    Eeww. They have cooties?!?!??

Cooooties????!!!!!????
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

I think most sane, intelligent people stay away from drunk Cis

Those were some of my most favorite moments ever. Especially when you became po'd at someone too. Man, those times got me so turned on.
    Current Servers:

s4 Mr. Poopypants
    s1 Old Timer
    s2-Banana Hammock

Quote Originally Posted by trumpery View Post
    Those were some of my most favorite moments ever. Especially when you became po'd at someone too. Man, those times got me so turned on.
    A drunk Cis a-rantin' is truly something to behold with awe and wonder.

LOL. You just liked getting me to tell stories I shouldn't. And you LAUGHED every time I got po'd!!! So then I couldn't STAY mad.

It's because I loosen up and say and do things I'd never do sober. Unless I'm irritated.

And you guys LOVED my naivety and posting links in the WW chat to get the shocked reaction of innocent Cis. I'm jaded now thanks to Travian. I'm surprised I lasted as long as I did. It only took one at the wrong time. Lesson learned. Only trust those you've played with for years.

Calendars!!!!!! We have April's model....we need 11 more!
    Come on guys!!!

Ok, while I wait for volunteers fir the cheeky men of Travian calendar, i think I'll have another drink or three.

Now we only need 10!

Oohhh. So many Travian hotties!!! Need 9 now! This will be awesome.
    Last edited by Cisalpine; 03-10-2017 at 08:29 PM.

Gods and goddesses, I need a drink. Is there anyone left on the server who'll drink with me?

You have my axe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    You have my axe.
    Burn, you say the sweetest things. Thank you.

Can the drink be coffee?

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious_Machine View Post
    Can the drink be coffee?
    :: singing:: You can get anything you want, at Flossie's s1 lounge (excepting Flossie)....

Of course it can be coffee. Besides, I've been here all night and most of the good stuff needs restocking (not an arduous task, what with the TARDIS and all, but still.... I'd have to go do something).

Since no one followed up on my LOTR reference, I'm not going to follow up on that Guthrie reference. Take THAT, karma!